Next five fixtures

I fancy us at home against anyone at the moment. Strange how Pulis spoke about making Hillsborough a fortress and that’s what’s happened (mainly after he left? 🙄).

We’ve got to start doing better away. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we shocked Brentford. We owe them one anyway.

Need 22 points from 18 games to get to 50 points. That's 1.22 points per game. 

We need a little more than 6 points from that to be on course. 

Dunno why but I don't feel mega confident, Swansea and Brentford are tough games, Luton and Stoke are away, should be looking to beat Brum. 

I’m looking for 3 points against Brum plus draws at Luton and Stoke as a minimum.

Possibility also of a draw against Swansea as it’s at home.

Brentford away is what I reckon Sean Dyche would classify as a “free hit” - I expect us to get well beaten, anything else is an early Xmas present.

So 5-6 points then, which keeps us in the mix.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I can see us giving Swansea a good game. Think we’ll take something.

Fletch will definitely score the winner for Stoke and we’ll get hammered at Brentford which means we have to beat Brum and Luton. Give me 7-9 points from these and I’ll be very happy.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

19 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

It always happens doesn’t it 

When riding on a decent wave and someone posts upcoming fixtures which are reviewed positively due to our form 

Then we end up picking 2 points from the lot 

This ^  when we’ve done this previously I’ve actually been negative and we still didn’t get the 2 points i predicted!  So not going to do that again.

All I will say is that 2 wins and a draw would be fantastic and keep us ahead of the target.  

It will come down to player availability, and if we get the rain we got at Coventry and millwall as our lads don’t like playing in that.  

22 hours ago, tjchitt86 said:

I thought this and was confident the defence might just save our season and then the Millwall capitulation happens and we're all reminded how frail we still are unfortunately. 

I'm sure Thommo has a plan for the Swans and Bees. 7 at the back and that. 

5 wins from 7, hoping we can write off the two losses as bad days in the office. Invariably will lose one of the fixtures coming up, just hope it doesn’t knock our confidence.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Box_Man said:

I think we are going to be trouble after these fixtures.

Cant see anything other than losses against Swansea and Brentford.

You just know Fletcher will score the winner at Stoke

And I’m convinced the footballing gods will make sure Birmingham sack their boss and replace him with Cook who will take great pleasure in getting a result at Hillsborough.

Maybe a couple of draws hope I’m wrong tho.

With Cosgrove scoring the winner:duntmatter:

Being a Wednesdayite for many years now.....

Stoke City -  1 win in the last 15 / 11 games without a win.

Birmingham City - 2 points taken from the last 33 available.

We have an age old habit of breaking other teams records for them (be they bad or good) therefore I fear for what comes next, let’s just pray that the Wednesday of old doesn’t turn up.....

Get something at stoke, win Birmingham, lose at Brentford , get a result against Luton and win Rotherham , 

something like 7/8pts  from 15 

just looking at our last 6 fixtures, on PAPER look a reasonable set , likes of Blackburn , boro , Bristol , derby , forest , Cardiff , qpr , 

I know season a way off ending but all teams who aren’t destined for top 6, and all sides IMO who will be roughly between 10th -20th