Next five fixtures

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Am looking forward to our upcoming games with nothing but positivity 

I reckon we will start to break free from the bottom during this time 

Welcome to our forum.

How many weeks have you been following Wednesday?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Get something at stoke, win Birmingham, lose at Brentford , get a result against Luton and win Rotherham , 

something like 7/8pts  from 15 

just looking at our last 6 fixtures, on PAPER look a reasonable set , likes of Blackburn , boro , Bristol , derby , forest , Cardiff , qpr , 

I know season a way off ending but all teams who aren’t destined for top 6, and all sides IMO who will be roughly between 10th -20th 

Really fancy us now to get win at Stoke, Birmingham should be a win unless they pull trigger on karanka in mean time (hopefully they wait another week)

Would rest a few at Brentford cause we are getting nothing there.  Luton will be hard game and a draw would do.  Then 3 points Vs Rotherham and we'd likely be 5 or 6 clear of bottom 3

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

One game at a time...

Stoke - really hope Fletcher is unable to start. Their record without him is a car-crash. He’s been  carrying a groin niggle and had 70 tough minutes yesterday.

They’ve been struggling with one win in 15 and yesterday’s stuffing will damage their fragile confidence.

But more importantly, we go in with a week’s rest and recuperation. That is absolutely gold-dust. 

If the team-sheet at 6pm on Tuesday features a Rhodes-Paterson front two, and Reach-Harris on their strong foot, I’ll be extremely optimistic of our chances.

Very much looking forward to watching it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Huddersfield seem to be dropping like a stone similar to Birmingham their next five fixtures are ...

Boro (a)
Swansea (h)
Derby (a)
Preston (a)
Brum (h)

Lots of twists and turns yet imo.

Hudds are in the mix for sure. Losing to Wycombe from being 2-0 up at home has got to kill any confidence they had.

Watched the Brum v Luton highlights.

Luton were launching it into the box at every opportunity and Birmingham couldn’t cope with the high ball.

Rhodes and Paterson will enjoy that from Reach and Harris, and I suspect we’ll be seeing Paterson’s long throws into Lees and Dunkley.

20 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

By the time we meet Swansea my hope as a metaphor is that the team have their sandals and Bermudas on. Home and dry or ensconced in the play offs.  

This ^. Having a break now was needed it gives us a chance to rest before going again.  Hopefully by April time we have built a gap to be able to rest players for the congested schedule.  Better than being burnt out now and being rubbish for the next month of games 

Guest Therealrealist
On 11/02/2021 at 11:38, Therealrealist said:

Can only see a couple of points tbh

Looks like I’ve won this thread...what’s my prize?

Sorry but couldn't resist revisiting some comments haven't aged well in the last fortnight lol

On 11/02/2021 at 05:53, OWLISH said:

How many points do you see us getting? I reckon we'll be mid-table by March.

On 14/02/2021 at 11:26, theowlsman said:

I have more faith that we’ll get more than 7 points from those games.

On 11/02/2021 at 07:16, Manwë said:

All I see is 13 easy points.

On 11/02/2021 at 09:18, capetownowl said:

NT setting up the team according to what he sees will give us a chance and an opportunity to attack. If we lose it will be by more than One. He will continue to try to score goals.

Im liking this attack minded approach. 

On 11/02/2021 at 09:27, Sultan_Pepper said:

We've found a way of playing that seems to be working, the defence is looking very settled and we're starting to look like we have a presence up front. None of those teams will be looking forward to playing us.

On 14/02/2021 at 10:01, @owlstalk said:

I reckon we will start to break free from the bottom during this time 

On 14/02/2021 at 10:19, Holmowl said:

But more importantly, we go in with a week’s rest and recuperation. That is absolutely gold-dust. 

On 14/02/2021 at 12:12, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

By the time we meet Swansea my hope as a metaphor is that the team have their sandals and Bermudas on. Home and dry or ensconced in the play offs.  

big-lebowski-gif.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Sorry but couldn't resist revisiting some comments haven't aged well in the last fortnight lol

big-lebowski-gif.gif

You've jumped the gun a little there, there's still another game to go.

I'm confident we'll get the 13 points as I first predicted and be around lower/mid table after that game.