Transfer Deadline Day

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Bloke comes on a forum about Sheffield Wednesday and wants fans to pretend everything is rosy and we have loads to shout about.

How strange. It’s possible to be happy and live in reality at the same time mate! You keep being you too. 

Oh Sally you silly sausage you. I don't want you to do anything. I've not told you to do anything. I've merely stated you are a ray of sunshine today. Take it how you will. Like I say, you don't hurt me with your words any more than you make a situation better by moaning. But hey hoe, I guess you'll moan about it anyhow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Oh Sally you silly sausage you. I don't want you to do anything. I've not told you to do anything. I've merely stated you are a ray of sunshine today. Take it how you will. Like I say, you don't hurt me with your words any more than you make a situation better by moaning. But hey hoe, I guess you'll moan about it anyhow. 

It’s hardly being miserable stating we aren’t an attractive proposition. We aren’t, we are the least attractive proposition in the league currently - alongside Derby. At least they’ve got the hope of the takeover. 

And it reflects in our transfer activity. Not sure why you felt compelled to take that as me being ultra negative about our situation. It’s just the truth! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We are the most unattractive proposition in the league.

The only players we’ve managed to sign are a lad who’s not kicked a ball for 7 months and a returning player who was knocking about in the Cypriot league.

We’re a dead club.

It's a good job the returning player is quality as I completely agree with you otherwise.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s hardly being miserable stating we aren’t an attractive proposition. We aren’t, we are the least attractive proposition in the league currently - alongside Derby. At least they’ve got the hope of the takeover. 

And it reflects in our transfer activity. Not sure why you felt compelled to take that as me being ultra negative about our situation. It’s just the truth! 

It's not the truth, it's your opinion. You have nothing to support that opinion but yet here you are stating it as truth. 

You may feel we are the least attractive proposition, that's entirely your prerogative. But I imagine just like last window when players chose to come here that we are a better prospect both financially and long term than many other clubs in this league. But I have no proof of that either, its just my opinion. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

It's not the truth, it's your opinion. You have nothing to support that opinion but yet here you are stating it as truth. 

You may feel we are the least attractive proposition, that's entirely your prerogative. But I imagine just like last window when players chose to come here that we are a better prospect both financially and long term than many other clubs in this league. But I have no proof of that either, its just my opinion. 

Fair enough - but I imagine it’s pretty close to the truth. Given our position in the league, issue with wages and the fact we’ve not signed anyone of note - we are not very attractive to any potential player. And player who would improve us anyway.

Our transfer business in the summer was awful btw. We signed a bunch of cast offs. Yet given our points deduction we did quite well to even bring them in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Oh heck, people having different opinions on Owlstalk, whatever next 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

a better prospect financially :duntmatter:

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Fair enough - but I imagine it’s pretty close to the truth. Given our position in the league, issue with wages and the fact we’ve not signed anyone of note - we are not very attractive to any potential player. And player who would improve us anyway.

Our transfer business in the summer was awful btw. We signed a bunch of cast offs. Yet given our points deduction we did quite well to even bring them in. 

Well it's great that you have such an active imagination. It does shine through in many of your posts. 

Many clubs are in a dire position right now. No one is particularly stable. The future is an unknown for almost every club in this league. Cardiff are losing 3m per month right now. Derby unable to pay wages just like us but without the excuse that their cash is in another country. Stoke have 9 players earning over 50K per week and if they don't go up they likely follow us down our path.... the key is that we are not the only basket case. Just the only one that we choose to support. 

• Like 3

Just now, Travolski said:

Most clubs will be having wage issues behind closed doors, just not plastered all over there local news is all

Why's that? Because they have proper structure in place and good communication between players and those running club.

Swfc have a power gap and everything going through someone on other side of the world

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Well it's great that you have such an active imagination. It does shine through in many of your posts. 

Many clubs are in a dire position right now. No one is particularly stable. The future is an unknown for almost every club in this league. Cardiff are losing 3m per month right now. Derby unable to pay wages just like us but without the excuse that their cash is in another country. Stoke have 9 players earning over 50K per week and if they don't go up they likely follow us down our path.... the key is that we are not the only basket case. Just the only one that we choose to support. 

That’s alright then. As long as we aren’t the only club we can excuse our spectacular full from grace since 2017.