Are we going to stop up?!?

It's going to be very tight.

That win yesterday was absolutely huge.

It may well end up being a last day survival job.

The thing is, with Chansiri at the helm, I believe relegation (at some point) is inevitable. Clubs run like ours will eventually pay the price.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2

Our overall form this season puts us out of the bottom three.

We carry that on and we'll pick up another 22 points, so 44 points by the close - I don't think this would be enough. I think it would have been if the six point deduction wasn't there but we've know this all season.

Only thing we can hope for is that the team carries on the short-term form and builds a backs-against-the-wall spirit and gets us over 50 points.

• Like 1

Take emotion out of the question.

Club A are 2nd from bottom. 
- they have a 6pt deduction.

- They have no manager, having sacked 2 this season already.

- Lowest scorers in the league and have not bought any strikers

- failed to pay players twice this season 

- late accounts again

- chairman and fans almost at war with eachother

- have lost to the 3 worst teams in the league already

- Out of all cup competitions as soon as played a better team 

- players they released for free have now come back for free

On paper we make Blackpool’s season they went down look tame.

Sadly we have been fortunate Wycombe are the weakest championship team for years to come up, and it’s their first season here yet they are still having a crack at it.

I just can’t see one of Forest/QPR/Birmingham 

Dropping and us gaining.

Rotherham are extremely experienced at end of season scraps and will definitely pull many points out of the bag as well.

Club A are heavy favourites to drop 😔

Looking at some of the results from the first half of the season 

- not winning in 10’under pulis. 
- 4 game losing streak under monk

in total that’s 14 games where we picked up just 4 points 

I honestly think we’ve come a long way since then, in terms of team character & mentality& hopefully fingers crossed can’t see us going on similar runs like that again 

I’m hopeful & fairly confident we will continue to scrap &’pick up narrow margin wins, and draws to see us just over the line 

Normally there is always 1 team that falls Like a stone after Xmas, 

February is a big big month

Current crop of players I would say we won’t stop up unfortunately as we don’t have enough going forward. Defensively though I think we’re pretty good once all are fit. 

We’ll get by with Penney at LB and Moses/Palmer/JVA as cover but we desperately need someone up top who can hold the ball up better, good in the air and run the channels. 

I think back to when we had Fletcher who had those attributes and we looked so much better as a team. 

Hopefully we’ll get a CF before deadline! 

If you take the first half of the season add 6 points, to give an indication of a full season, and add that as the second half points tally it will be close.

However, Given the form we are on (averaging over 2 points a game over the last 6) on the balance of probability we should stay up. 

Screenshot_20210131-112832~2.png

Guest wilyfox

Not at this rate, no. Need a CF to improve the dynamic of this team. Without a striker who can hold it up and link it, we struggle to build attacks.

While things have picked up. I’m concerned that other clubs around us are strengthening and we aren’t.

I also think our first half of the season form may cost us come the end of the season. A couple bad results in the next week and we will look cut adrift again. 

11 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s only 50/50 at the absolute best.

We need that first goal - if we don’t get it, we lose the game. This is a very limited group and we haven’t enough about us to go after a team and come back my being behind.  If we get the first goal, we have enough good defenders to see games out.

Having Westwood and Hutchinson in the team will massively help our task in my opinion. We also need a fit Luongo in the side as well.

Hard to win when the other side scores first mostly because we can't score more than once a game, are not attack-minded, and a defender on a 9 year drought scores the game winner. Please DC, sign true attacker.