Are we going to stop up?!?

We're on a good run in terms of league games/ performances - post TP's tenure... However the teams around us are also on a good run/ picking up points and therefore keeping us down in the bottom 3...

I get that times are tough and SWFC fans are frustrated, but going down to league 1 isn't an option... We need to stay up... Get to the end of this season and if FFP rules allow/ don't stop us spending then break the bank for a promotion push, as otherwise we are screwed for many years to come in the championship...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Definite maybe

The effort of all the lads was commendable but victory gives a gloss to a display which at times was excruciating -

flipping eck we are a hard watch. 
This is one tough league and if we make it out of the mess we are in it won’t be by much. 
Well done everyone against PNE  (even Reach for that headed clearance) but we won’t stay up unless we hold the ball better and actually control a game occasionally. 

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan

We’ll definitely stay up

The seasonal upper limits of loses, before having to explain yourself to the EFL, are £13m. So, no we won’t be breaking the bank. Our income should allow for a £20m -£25m wage and the running of the club, if DC is willing to cover up to the £13m losses. If he isn’t we’ll have to cut our cloth accordingly.

We won’t be going into administration as we’ve no creditors big enough to push for it. DC will not put himself into admin, why would he?

My hope is, when we stay up, DC admits he’s failed, agrees to cut his loses and finds us another owner.

Guest Mcguigan
20 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Definite maybe

The effort of all the lads was commendable but victory gives a gloss to a display which at times was excruciating -

flipping eck we are a hard watch. 
This is one tough league and if we make it out of the mess we are in it won’t be by much. 
Well done everyone against PNE  (even Reach for that headed clearance) but we won’t stay up unless we hold the ball better and actually control a game occasionally. 

My lad had Bradford v Barrow on TV whilst I watched us on IPad.

I’m not kidding, the quality of football was far better on his game.

Yesterday was shocking for second tier, elite level football.

Personally I don’t think we are quite good enough and with the off the field problems, that often tends to bleed into on the pitch results at clubs in financial trouble, I think we will come up short.

Many players know they aren’t getting new contracts, so our only hope is that a mentality can be instilled in them that they need to perform to keep us up, on the basis that any other club will not want them if they have just taken their existing club down.

• Thanks 1

It’s only 50/50 at the absolute best.

We need that first goal - if we don’t get it, we lose the game. This is a very limited group and we haven’t enough about us to go after a team and come back my being behind.  If we get the first goal, we have enough good defenders to see games out.

Having Westwood and Hutchinson in the team will massively help our task in my opinion. We also need a fit Luongo in the side as well.

• Like 3