Are we going to stop up?!?

2 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Has anyone else noticed in all the excitement of our activity on deadline day that QPR have only gone and won at Watford cos I have.

There actually aren’t that many teams that we can get above now. Rovrum?  Wycombe? Who the chuff else?

That's my worry aswell, as it seems that (other than Wycombe) and regardless of our current form (picking up the points regardless of performances) we just don't have another 1-2 teams around (us) the relegation zone that imploding/ giving up/ drifting away... 

4 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Derby will be fine but anyone from Luton down can get dragged into it with a bad run in February.

Huddersfield on a bad run and played 2 more games than most, Cardiff and Millwall drawing lots, not as convinced as a few seem to be that forest or Birmingham are suddenly going to improve form.  It's going to be a slog.

Tomorrow's game is not that important away at a promotion chasing side is not a must win at this stage, Millwall and Wycombe games are the important ones to keep decent run going. Need 11-15 points out of next 8 games to keep in there.

I think that the covid situation/ cup games stopped/ impacted our run of Championship form and (maybe) cost us at Coventry... However I think that every game (especially now) needs to result in 1-3 points or we will start to drift from the pack...

Think it’s gonna be down to NT and what he can get out of the players. I for one will back them, irrespective of what’s going on around them. 

From what I’ve seen, granted the football ain’t pretty, but we’ve picked up results, admittedly lucky at times, but I genuinely think they have tried to put a shift in for NT.

Not adding to the squad further on deadline day or anytime after hutch for that matter Is a sickner, and I really disappointing outcome, even though expected. 

But from now till the end of the season, the lads will be getting my full support, because we really need them to pull through. Can say what we want about the past, but we need them now more than ever, let’s hope they can effectively pull off a miracle. 

UTO!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

It is a sign of how bad the division is this season that we, in my opinion, have a 50/50 chance of scraping to survival. 

We have a horribly unbalanced squad without any real quality outside of 2-3 decent players, we are working with a points reduction and a presumed transfer embargo, we aren’t paying our players, we can barely score and most of our players will have impending contract expiries on their mind. 

But the players who do play are giving it everything, we keep on scraping results and I think we have a shot, which is more than we should really have on the basis of the above. We should be dead and buried. Which makes me think the footballing Gods are looking over us. 

For another season before we face this all over again, with the current ownership anyway. 

I think that this season will be a record breaking season in terms of points needed to stay up, but also think that we will stay up by the skin of our teeth and avoid the drop.... I also think that some players that are soon to be out of contract (along with some paid on performance players like S. Hutch) will start to perform (over/ above what we've seen) to increase their options (points to prove/ next signing on fee/ next clubs wages/ next club contract length), as Big Dave did the other year...  

Always said we would have a decent chance of survival if we signed at least one key striker that we need as it is pivotal to us being successful for any sort of sustained period.

Hope I am wrong but by signing nobody our owner has effectively signed off on relegation to League One.

Gutted.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Always said we would have a decent chance of survival if we signed at least one key striker that we need as it is pivotal to us being successful for any sort of sustained period.

Hope I am wrong but by signing nobody our owner has effectively signed off on relegation to League One.

Gutted.

Tend to agree, so rather depressingly, we need to be scouring the free agent market. There is not an effective pairing among our existing strikers, no matter how many permutations we come up with

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Gutted.

The team needs more than 1 decent striker, as we were no better with them before... We had Joao before CC screwed him with negative sh1tty tactics and he was then ineffective/pointless and if therefore if he'd stayed (rather than being immense elsewhere) considered worthless... We need a full overhaul of the squad with only a few players like Iorfa/ Luango (maybe) remaining... 

18 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

The team needs more than 1 decent striker, as we were no better with them before... We had Joao before CC screwed him with negative sh1tty tactics and he was then ineffective/pointless and if therefore if he'd stayed (rather than being immense elsewhere) considered worthless... We need a full overhaul of the squad with only a few players like Iorfa/ Luango (maybe) remaining... 

I know we do, one striker would not have suddenly turned us into world beaters but a focal point up front would give us much more of a chance. Anyone who watches us can see it, we can't retain the ball in the opposition half so get put under pressure more because we can't play far enough up field, when we do get crosses into the box we have nobody to hit. We can't play through teams as we lack pace/movement in central midfield and don't have a quick goal scoring threat from anywhere. Our centre-backs can't play intricate passing football, we need a target to hit.  

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I know we do, one striker would not have suddenly turned us into world beaters but a focal point up front would give us much more of a chance. Anyone who watches us can see it, we can't retain the ball in the opposition half so get put under pressure more because we can't play far enough up field, when we do get crosses into the box we have nobody to hit. We can't play through teams as we lack pace/movement in central midfield and don't have a quick goal scoring threat from anywhere. Our centre-backs can't play intricate passing football, we need a target to hit.  

I agree that we need someone who can hold the ball upfront and cause problems... We should’ve kept hold of big Dave for me... He wasn’t ever gonna be a 20+ goals a season striker, but he could hold the ball upfront and cause mayhem with the opposition wondering what to do/ how to deal with him... However we didn’t (when good) utilise our attacking play... We just played back and hoofed it from defence... 

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Derby will be fine but anyone from Luton down can get dragged into it with a bad run in February.

Huddersfield on a bad run and played 2 more games than most, Cardiff and Millwall drawing lots, not as convinced as a few seem to be that forest or Birmingham are suddenly going to improve form.  It's going to be a slog.

Tomorrow's game is not that important away at a promotion chasing side is not a must win at this stage, Millwall and Wycombe games are the important ones to keep decent run going. Need 11-15 points out of next 8 games to keep in there.

It would have to be a collapse on a major scale for any of Luton, Huddersfield Cardiff and Millwall to be relegated. Even QPR and Coventry could be poor in their last 20 games and still get the 20 points they need to get to 50. Win 5 draw 5 and lose 10. 

Forest aren't losing many now, 1 in their last 8 and Birmingham have strengthened in the window.

22 games left and everyone is important now, we can't afford many slip ups as each loss will pile on the pressure on to have to win the next game.

I wouldn't bet on us to finish above Rotherham. They have scored 11 goals more than us although not good defensively they are capable of scoring goals.