Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We never sell players - DC out! 

what a disgrace selling Shaw - DC out ! 

If money we get from selling him keeps the wolves from the door financially - crack on, we need to sell what we can sadly .

How much do you think we will get hahaha

Tens of thousands 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RedDragonOwl said:

We could have offered him a contract ages ago and he still might not have signed.

When a player says their agent is dealing with a contract = if I can get same or better deal else where I'm off. If we offer him the same terms as Celtic, they will increase their offer and he will go. Hate it when players do that, makes our club look bad, and gets people to feel sorry for the player. 

With EVERYTHING going off at this club, do we really think Liam Shaw the Wednesday fan is screwing us over?

• Like 1

If money we get from selling him keeps the wolves from the door financially - crack on, we need to sell what we can sadly .

I guess the wolves are at the door due to the poor running of the club, DC out. 

• Like 1

Missed the point,  we are not selling Shaw, he has chosen to turn down a contract to go to another club and we will get very minimal compensation.  
It’s not like when we sold Antonio to help financially, this is young players choosing  to walk away before signing long term deals and we end up with no reward for the years of development 

• Like 3

Can you imagine a scenario where we get £100k for our best prospect in years, Neil Thompson as manager and Hutchison and Westwood strutting around the club on big money. 

In League 1. 

What a time to be alive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Mornin’ Dejphon....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

With EVERYTHING going off at this club, do we really think Liam Shaw the Wednesday fan is screwing us over?

It happens all the time. He could have stated, or signed the contract when it was offered. I'm not saying he is trying to screw us over. I'm saying he is trying to get as much from Celtic as he can, and doing decent PR for himself. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bound to happen.

Look at it from Shaw's side, got the freedom to move were ever he wants, options. Stay at a club destined it seems to be playing in league one next season, and without a manager. Or move to a top team, all be it in scotland with the potential to progress and get a big money move if he does well..

I know which one my agent would be pushing and the one I'd pick.

• Like 2

Guest Kameron

If this happens I will write to Chansiris dad telling him in no uncertain terms what a little cv nt his lad his, he can also shove his tuna chunks up his arse on the second shelve as I won’t be buying them ever again.

11 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

We could have offered him a contract ages ago and he still might not have signed.

When a player says their agent is dealing with a contract = if I can get same or better deal else where I'm off. If we offer him the same terms as Celtic, they will increase their offer and he will go. Hate it when players do that, makes our club look bad, and gets people to feel sorry for the player. 

The issue here is, as a club we have had visibility of this players development since the age of 9.

The whole reason the youth set up and academy exists is  to produce these players, but where is the mechanism that ensures we get these players tied down? Where has it gone wrong?

• Like 1