Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

To think I was fairly confident that under Pulis, approaching the end of December that come Jan 1 we had players lined up to come in and save our season. That we actually had a plan. 

Jan 28th and we have gone even further backwards in the space of 4 weeks. Even for us it’s staggering. 

There never were any players lined up to come in.

It's more and more obvious Pulis was sacked as he wanted money to spend, DC backed himself into the corner when he hired Pulis saying money was available in the transfer window to spend on new players, when quite clearly he never had any intention to spend actual money on players.

• Like 5

Just now, BIG D said:

To think I was fairly confident that under Pulis, approaching the end of December that come Jan 1 we had players lined up to come in and save our season. That we actually had a plan. 

Jan 28th and we have gone even further backwards in the space of 4 weeks. Even for us it’s staggering. 

That was the vain hope I naively clung to, as well.

That, despite the performances on the pitch, Pulis had a plan in place to address the most significant issues with our squad and put in place a system which might see us keep our heads above water.

As it now stands, we've allowed the opportunity to strengthen to a coherent plan pass us by, and we look even more rudderless than usual.

• Like 5

Let's hope it's just media speculation among themselves.

I think if a young Wednesdayite who has come through the ranks and is playing games would rather be somewhere else, then I think it would speak volumes.  

Hoping it's not true.

• Like 1

So, just to recap.

Alonso is a Director and shareholder of SWFC.

We were told Ivic had signed a 2 year contract, starting on Monday.

We are told we offered Cook a 4 month contract, til the end of the season.

And now, that Shaw is in advanced talks with Celtic.

When will people learn.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Yep. Sacking Pulis wasn’t something to sing and dance about.

He had a plan. DC wouldn’t let him execute it. He left. A month later we have absolutely no plan at all and are heading for the drop.

Hate Pulis all you want but he was trying to sort the club out. Whether you like his style or not. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

So, just to recap.

Alonso is a Director and shareholder of SWFC.

We were told Ivic had signed a 2 year contract, starting on Monday.

We are told we offered Cook a 4 month contract, til the end of the season.

And now, that Shaw is in advanced talks with Celtic.

When will people learn.

Thing is  - even if just one story out of 100 is ever true you still learn and know more than if you just read the official site and believed anything Chansiri said in interviews

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

I'm usually pretty level headed and try to see things from both sides but you know what. I'm done with Chansiri. The man is a joke. The sooner he leaves the better. If that means us dropping a division to force him out then so be it. There's a long game here. The short to medium term pain of relegation will be a price worth paying if it forces this joker to sell up. CHANSIRI OUT!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing is  - even if just one story out of 100 is ever true you still learn and know more than if you just read the official site and believed anything Chansiri said in interviews

I completely agree and I love it mate. I just don’t want anyone throwing themselves off Wadsley bridge on the basis of utter drivel.

Logging onto this website is like pleasurable torture.

One glance of the threads and it is more bad news. I hope Shaw will stay as he has potential, it would be classic Wednesday to not tie down a youngster who supports the club.

WHERE IS THE FEEL GOOD NEWS?!

• Haha 1

I don't believe the story because I think DC is hoping Shaw has some of the blind loyalty of the owls fan he is, but its the sort of short term thinking of our chairman get £500k now to pay the current bills but with proper coaching and development he could be worth 20 times that in a few years time.

I am at the point where I would not be surprised if any of these stories are true.

We started the biggest transfer window of DC tenure if not the last 20 years in the club history needing a new manager, a couple of strikers, a left back and a central midfielder who both scores and create goals.

We have so far sign two free agents one had not played a game since July 2020 and has now played 2 games in 4 days its when not if he pulls a calf, hamstring etc. The other is a player we released because he was deemed a bad influence by the manager who also has played just 411 minutes since June and has a history of injuries. Thats it nothing else.

its not even like we have a striker from the youth team to promote to the first team we let them all leave in the summer and the one we signed is currently injured.

4 days to save his football club I wonder what if anything will happen.

• Like 1