Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

Guest wilyfox

That’s this club all over. New contract should have been sorted by now. Now we’ve let the door open for Celtic to ponce him on the cheap.

1 minute ago, overlandandsea said:

Wednesdayite or not I wouldn't blame him for leaving. This club will only ruin his career. Be a huge shame though but weve shot ourselves in the foot not sorting his contract out earlier. 

We have an owner who doesn't know if he is on this earth or fullers, he could sort a pissup in a brewery let alone a contract.

Reach, Bannan, Westwood, Rhodes etc will all leave for nothing as well come the end of the season and who can blame them.

• Like 5

Sadly this sums up the state of our club now.

This confirms there is zero point us having a youth setup as players will just be desperate to leave on the cheap when they get noticed.  
Feel like it’s time to shut up shop and go home.  28 years devoted to this club and then one man comes along and kills it.  
cheers Chansiri 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

We have an owner who doesn't know if he is on this earth or fullers, he could sort a pissup in a brewery let alone a contract.

Reach, Bannan, Westwood, Rhodes etc will all leave for nothing as well come the end of the season and who can blame them.

Agreed. He seems to never learn from his mistakes. 

Jesus wept, this is how truly sh it we have become. We even f**k up dragging out the extension of a promising young’uns new contract nowadays. 

At least with George Hirst it took months and months and goals galore, with Liam Shaw it’s been 2 good appearances and he’s out of the door before the months out. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

We never sell players - DC out! 

what a disgrace selling Shaw - DC out ! 

If money we get from selling him keeps the wolves from the door financially - crack on, we need to sell what we can sadly .

We will probably get c£100k. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

If money we get from selling him keeps the wolves from the door financially - crack on, we need to sell what we can sadly .

it’ll be pre-contract and minimal compensation. There’s no sale to speak of.

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He’s going to agree a pre contract with

Celtic. The amount of money we are about to receive will barely cover Jordan Rhodes wages for 2 weeks. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Would you blame him? We sacked him after 45 days. He’s hardly going to look after us. 

Great move for the lad and I would question the advice of any agent who recommended a player either stay here or sign for us at the minute. It’s a toxic shitshow. 

Wouldn’t blame him at all 

I think that’s where this has come from though 

And if I was Liam I’d be off in a heartbeat, albeit I’d probably wait to see if there was interest down here

We could have offered him a contract ages ago and he still might not have signed.

When a player says their agent is dealing with a contract = if I can get same or better deal else where I'm off. If we offer him the same terms as Celtic, they will increase their offer and he will go. Hate it when players do that, makes our club look bad, and gets people to feel sorry for the player. 

• Haha 1