Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Must be worrying for his 'team" that he's not progressing after so much early promise, hopefully he can turn the corner.

I really doubt they’re worried? He’s probably earning decent money at one of the best run clubs in the country who genuinely have a shot at the title this year. He’s out on loan to get good experience at 21. 

Honestly, they really won’t be worried.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I really doubt they’re worried? He’s probably earning decent money at one of the best run clubs in the country who genuinely have a shot at the title this year. He’s out on loan to get good experience at 21. 

Honestly, they really won’t be worried.

I was referring more to his closer team, family friends, agent.  It's very good experience and he will learn but he needs to score goals to convince his wider team that's he's worth persevering with.  I hope that they find something in his contribution overall to stick with him, he comes across as a decent lad and I look forward to seeing him blossom. 

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I was referring more to his closer team, family friends, agent.  It's very good experience and he will learn but he needs to score goals to convince his wider team that's he's worth persevering with.  I hope that they find something in his contribution overall to stick with him, he comes across as a decent lad and I look forward to seeing him blossom. 

His agent won’t just bin him off because he’s not scoring!

If you mean Leicester stick with him, I doubt he will make the grade for them to be honest. But definitely a fantastic club to develop at. 

So many young lads show plenty of promise and fail to make the grade. So if Hirst carves out a career in any of the four divisions I think he should consider that to be a success. 

I know a lad who was part of the England youth set up and on the books at Manchester United. Was electric as a 16/17 year old but when everyone else caught up with him he struggled to fulfil his early promise. Wasn’t anything to do with not working hard was just the way it went. It happens often. 

Liam Shaw’s agent has played a blinder here.

A kid who’s turned in a couple of decent performances is now apparently at the centre of a bidding war between SWFC and Celtic, with 2/3rds of Sheffield clamouring for SWFC to pay him as a seasoned first teamer 

Edited by McRightSide

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If you mean Leicester stick with him, I doubt he will make the grade for them to be honest. But definitely a fantastic club to develop at. 

So many young lads show plenty of promise and fail to make the grade. So if Hirst carves out a career in any of the four divisions I think he should consider that to be a success. 

I know a lad who was part of the England youth set up and on the books at Manchester United. Was electric as a 16/17 year old but when everyone else caught up with him he struggled to fulfil his early promise. Wasn’t anything to do with not working hard was just the way it went. It happens often. 

Depends how you measure success really

By this point in his career he’ll have already earnt more than most people will earn in a lifetime, due to the moves he’s made.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Depends how you measure success really

By this point in his career he’ll have already earnt more than most people will earn in a lifetime, due to the moves he’s made.

Exactly. George Hirst certainly hasn’t lost here. 

The only ones who lost were us when we turned down a £2m bid for an unproven youngster who made it clear he wanted to leave. Absolutely barmy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah went to school with a lad who played for england school boys so strong and cultured  and he was brilliant.  Didn't even make it as a professional player , he was highly intelligent as well so no doubt whatever path he went down he would be successful.

My nephews played for local junior teams and came across lots of lads who really looked the business but as far as I know none of them turned professional. 

5 hours ago, malek said:

He is just about to turn 22, probably on around 10k a week and in his first season at Championship level. Yet people are talking like he already failed to make himself career in football. There are some great players who started their first team careers slower then him.

Joao is a great example of this.  Looked like the real deal for us at times but lacked consistency.  

Now that he is in his mid 20s he has continued to develop and has obviously found that consistency.

Strikers tend not to hit their peak until their late 20s.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
39 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Is young George still at the Chuckledome or have they sent him back?

Still there...still misfiring..still not getting in the 11...still not established at 22..still floundering..

If today's disgraceful team selection hasn't told Shaw that he needs to get away from the club ASAP then nothing ever will. 

One word out of place from Shaw or his agents and he will be on Chansiri blacklist permanently. 

In the transfer window we couldn't sign any players because nobody wanted to come. That's the sort of club we are. 

So Mr Shaw do yourself and your career a favour and leave. 

With a different kind of owner then we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

But Chansiri is at the club and until he leaves then we aren't the sort of club that any decent player would want to be at. 

The tradegy is that Shaw wants to play for us, just as George Hirst did. Unfortunately.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

If today's disgraceful team selection hasn't told Shaw that he needs to get away from the club ASAP then nothing ever will. 

One word out of place from Shaw or his agents and he will be on Chansiri blacklist permanently. 

In the transfer window we couldn't sign any players because nobody wanted to come. That's the sort of club we are. 

But Chansiri is at the club and until he leaves then we aren't the sort of club that any decent player would want to be at. 

The tradegy is that Shaw wants to play for us, just as George Hirst did. Unfortunately.... 

Bad day, mate?

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

r u his dad?