Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

Fair play to Shaw, it will be interesting to watch his career. 

I hope he goes, for himself. He will be ruined here, we haven't changed our plan, we continue to play the old guard (even re-signing one that we got rid of to let Shaw play) under a interim/temporary manager, only backward steps taken since the play off final, and we don't look like stopping the slide any time soon. He would be mad to stay (regardless of him being a fan). A football career is very short lived, don't let a bunch of old timers and charlatan business men ruin your goal. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Celtic over Sheffield Wednesday is a no brainier come on mate.

Celtic may have struggled this season but they will pull it together very soon. 

It’s a no brainer if you are going to play. Bigger club, wage rise, chance to win things, big games to play in, fair enough. Celtic have a huge rebuild to do, their fans want Lawwell and Lennon gone, half their team are on the way out or need replacing, their fans are having a meltdown and protesting about their zombie brother stopping 10 in a row. They are equally a mess.

Even with the team rebuild they need, if he thinks Celtic are signing him to play regular first team football he is off his head. At his age and stage of his career he needs to play. That’s what I’m saying.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We never sell players - DC out! 

what a disgrace selling Shaw - DC out ! 

If money we get from selling him keeps the wolves from the door financially - crack on, we need to sell what we can sadly .

How much did we get for Sean Flair?..... exactly the same situation and result here, we get £200k tops as he has played so few games

Think after 50+ years I am finally done....

9 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Celtic equally are a toxic shitshow. They are a mess on and off the pitch and their fans recent protests and behaviour only adds to the current toxicity in the boardroom.

They also have an incredibly poor record of developing and improving young players. They’ve hoovered up loads of talent from clubs over the years for them to end up getting splinters in their arse stuck on the bench and ruining their development. Shaw is at an age and stage in his career where he needs to play, if he thinks he’s going up the road to play regular football he and his agent are completely deluded. He’ll get a wage rise but he’ll end up on loan and playing a handful of games at best.

I can understand him wanting to move, fair enough, I’d want out of this shitshow too, but Celtic is a poor choice.

If he signs there he wont dive in head first. 

He will get to hear what Celtic's plans are for him and either agree to them or not. Will certainly get much better contract than he got here. 

Honestly it seems that right now for anyone with a little bit of talent any option is better than Wednesday. At least while we have that muppet at the helm. 

• Like 1

in the summer we signed a player who was still injured, presumably because he’s a good player once fit.  But we can’t even have the same foresight for one of our best young academy players. 

Perhaps Chansiri and friends don’t think the lad has the mustered to make the grade in our really talented squad.😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Years of development? Really?

The vast majority of youth players at Wednesday are cast offs or came in from grassroots at 14yo or over.

The facilities are sub standard and the infrastructure is non existent.

There’s a 2 maybe 3 good coaches maximum and a decent scout or two.

It’s a sh1tshow. 

Even if thi is true, it doesn't excuse losing the good ones for next to nothing.

Where has it gone wrong?

In less than 24 hours we have

lost a game that we couldn’t afford to lose with a whimper 

had an advisor leave the club after falling out with the owner,

offered a manager a 4 month contract

and had it confirmed that our best prospect for many a year is probably leaving for around £200k

I wonder what today will bring

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If Liam Shaw had been offered a good contract in the summer, I'm sure he'd have signed. If we'd been shrewd enough then to spot his potential and the way he was developing, we'd have gone in with an offer that wouid have been a no-brainer to him, and not that expensive to us, before Celtic (or anyone else) had ever heard of him.

Instead, we've procrastinated and then ended up putting him in the shop window because our squad is paper thin. 

Absolutely this.

Clubs at fault here. Huge own goal. Again.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If Liam Shaw had been offered a good contract in the summer, I'm sure he'd have signed. If we'd been shrewd enough then to spot his potential and the way he was developing, we'd have gone in with an offer that wouid have been a no-brainer to him, and not that expensive to us, before Celtic (or anyone else) had ever heard of him.

Instead, we've procrastinated and then ended up putting him in the shop window because our squad is paper thin. 

Exactly this he's probably on a grand a week now, whoever at the club who is paid to do this should have seen the ability & offered 3 grand a week for 3 years in the summer. Liam would have snatched this offer, & be attracting offers of 1-3 mill now.

Maybe Chansiri, who has to decide & sign off  the choice of floor tiles, prevents this proactive decision making.

Celtic will offer him c 7k a week, & he'll be off.

Just now, waddleisgod said:

Well this is going to cheer everyone up this morning 

Given the state of the club and last night's result, it's going to be much harder to recruit players, a decent manager and retain players.

Added to which relegation has loomed even larger to the extent that many in the relegation fight might be thinking there's only one berth left to fill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

In less than 24 hours we have

lost a game that we couldn’t afford to lose with a whimper 

had an advisor leave the club after falling out with the owner,

offered a manager a 4 month contract

and had it confirmed that our best prospect for many a year is probably leaving for around £200k

I wonder what today will bring

Foristieri incoming 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

To think I was fairly confident that under Pulis, approaching the end of December that come Jan 1 we had players lined up to come in and save our season. That we actually had a plan. 

Jan 28th and we have gone even further backwards in the space of 4 weeks. Even for us it’s staggering. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1