Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Sounds to me like his agent is trying to drive his contract offer from SWFC a bit higher.

Could be. Chansiri probably offering peanuts on a youth contract when he should be seen a first team squad  player and remunerated accordingly.

The moral to this is stop ******** about with short term deals for players and negotiate contract renewal earlier.....like a professionally run club would.

No player should go into the last year of their contract if the club wants to keep them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION - If you were a player who'd supported Sheffield Wednesday all your life would you sign for us right now?

I'll go first - NO - I would not

I'd be away as fast as possible to the first decent offer from any other decent club

Celtic? I'd be on the train right now

Taking all the necessary COVID precautions of course. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION - If you were a player who'd supported Sheffield Wednesday all your life would you sign for us right now?

I'd be away as fast as possible to the first decent offer from any other decent club

Not a chance, career is too short.

Get in, play at the highest level I could, make as much money as I could and get out.

In the words of Jimmy The Gent from Goodfellas

fizz you, pay me

• Like 1

Pulis told Chansiri what he thought of the way he was running the club = SACKED

Alonso has a different opinion to poison Paxo = FORCED OUT. 

In one way I’m pleased people are finally starting to tell Chansiri some home truths about what he is doing to the club rather than people just telling him what he wants to hear. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don’t even want to support us right now.

Run while you can Liam, don’t put your career at risk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overlandandsea said:

Wednesdayite or not I wouldn't blame him for leaving. This club will only ruin his career. Be a huge shame though but weve shot ourselves in the foot not sorting his contract out earlier. 

This is the type of post that will make it the fans fault if he does decide to leave! :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

There's talk of Celtic and Rangers having B teams in League 2 as of 21/22

The Colts idea has been rejected previously by member clubs and it will almost certainly be rejected again. Even if it did go ahead (and it won’t) there’s hardly much benefit in him playing against part time opponents is there?

• Like 1

Must be hard for the lad 

he is an owl through & through and I’m sure his heart is telling him to stay and I’m sure he is desperate to, however he has to look at the bigger picture for himself and his career and at present SWFC isn’t right for him 

obviously I still hope he chooses to stay with us , but I don’t blame the lad if he moved to Celtic 

• Like 1

The best thing for Shaw is to be getting games. This is the thing that increases his value and his wages the most. I thought that was us a few days ago. But now I think it probably isn’t. How do we balls these things up so bad? (Don’t answer, I know how and why). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

The Colts idea has been rejected previously by member clubs and it will almost certainly be rejected again. Even if it did go ahead (and it won’t) there’s hardly much benefit in him playing against part time opponents is there?

Not read too much about it,Know it was rejected about 4 years back.

Is the idea they could get promoted ?

Was mentioned on a podcast other day that with Covid they could offer the league some $$$ to bounce the small clubs into compliance

1 hour ago, debram said:

Wondered why he had been abscent last few games, the celtic rumour did prey on my mind, disgusting if true, re sign hutch, an injury prone firebomb waiting to go off but can't sort out the contract of an up and coming star, all the millions wasted on charletons beggars belief, I have no faith left in chansiri or his advisors, gutted at the state of this club at present. 

The pathetic rehiring of Hutchinson now explained

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’m pleased people are finally starting to tell Chansiri some home truths about what he is doing to the club rather than people just telling him what he wants to hear. 

"To be fair, if you were me, wouldn't you rather hear that we can still make the playoffs?"

:Chansiri:

• Like 1