A lot of us saw this coming

42 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

If we owe local businesses money and we go pop they will get nothing. A bit like when Leeds were taken into admin loads in the Elland Road area didn't get paid a penny.

There are many games to go and we can still stay up but we need to be at it every game and not just when it suits us. 

Did you see anything in last nights performance to suggest we can stay up? I didn't.

Statistically we can stay up but that means we need to beat relegation rivals. We didn't.

We need a decent mananager to take the team by the scruff of the neck and get a response, do you think Thompson can do that? I don't.

We needed to reinforce the squad with decent players in 2 major problem area, centre forward and LB. We didn't.

Do you see us doing so? I don't.

All hope isn't lost but with DC in charge do you see any prospect of an improvement? I really, really don't.

DC's had 5 years to learn. He hasn't.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

but I for one would rather see us in admin than let it get worse 

Administration is a risky thing to wish for. An administrators role is to try and stop the club from being wound up. If they succeed the club survives. If they fail the club is wound up. 
I would hope we would survive and new investment would be found. But I have a rose tinted view of how attractive Sheffield Wednesday is as an investment prospect. If we go into administration post relegation and DC leaves us with huge unpaid bills and no real assets other than the brand then it could be the actual end of the club. 
Maybe it’s better than the current shît show but it’s not a pain free cure. 

I and many others saw this coming within a few months of takeover with his actions 

what is wrong tho is that many fans say we all were happy with him and enjoyed the ride that season that’s not true . He pulled the wool over many fans . It’s a shame but I for one would rather see us in admin than let it get worse 

so what if he put lots in the club does that balance disrespect towards us and contempt for us . 
The quicker he is out the better 

im same once he was signing players and giving 3 year deals to nuhiu, loovens who never got more than a 1 year deal due to injuries got a 3 year deal,  signed ageing players like david jones and gave them 3 year deals and so on . its just unreal how badly club is run the worrying thing is supporters just dont realise that going down would just be a blip ,even if club was properly run it will be almost impossible to come back up in next 2-3 years due to spending constraints and wage caps. 

• Like 1

We've had this threat to our existence before, luckily we were saved then by MM and brought back to an evenish keel 

I seriously doubt unless DC accepts defeat and sells us at a realistic price ( I have no idea what that is) that a white knight will appear this time - but who knows?  In any case there still time to avoid relegation this year but that doesn't solve what is the problem here

How many of us would stop supporting this club if we did get wound up? I suspect not many, we can start again

The Wednesday FC 2023/4 playing at Stocksbridge or a Hallam groundshare  if we lose our ground

Wimbledon did it so can we   

• Like 1

I and many others saw this coming within a few months of takeover with his actions 

what is wrong tho is that many fans say we all were happy with him and enjoyed the ride that season that’s not true . He pulled the wool over many fans . It’s a shame but I for one would rather see us in admin than let it get worse 

so what if he put lots in the club does that balance disrespect towards us and contempt for us . 

5E3CFE45-2D82-485B-95CA-1ACCB4E4B917.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

For me, there are a few times where had a decision been made, we would not find ourselves here.

1. Carlos should have gone after the home defeat by the blunts.

2. Should not have signed Rhodes.

3. Should have sold Forestieri when we were offered crazy money for him.

Why?    We wouldn't have destroyed Leeds 3-0 the week after if he had gone. Could have easily been 5-0 as well.

2 & 3.   Hindsight's easy isnt it?   Everyone was wetting themselves when Rhodes signed. If we'd saved 10m on Rhodes and sold FF for 10m, that's only £20m.    Selling our stadium for £60m hasn't eased our problems it seems.

Instead of sacking CC, they should have got rid of the financial advisors.  I'm sure CC could have managed on a shoestring- as he did at Rio Ave.

4 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Why?    We wouldn't have destroyed Leeds 3-0 the week after if he had gone. Could have easily been 5-0 as well.

2 & 3.   Hindsight's easy isnt it?   Everyone was wetting themselves when Rhodes signed. If we'd saved 10m on Rhodes and sold FF for 10m, that's only £20m.    Selling our stadium for £60m hasn't eased our problems it seems.

Instead of sacking CC, they should have got rid of the financial advisors.  I'm sure CC could have managed on a shoestring- as he did at Rio Ave.

It was clear, even at that point, that CC's time was coming to an end.  Rather than be proactive, we left it too late to salvage the season.

It's not just about the transfer fee for Rhodes but the wages as well, coming just after we had signed Winnall.  It was a bizarre piece of business.

15 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

Well done Nostradamus!  What's the lotto numbers for Saturday then?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

Saw it coming but kept to yourself until we were in the sheeite 

Link to a post you made about how bad Chansiri is/was and how he was going to ruin the club that you posted 2016/17 

You wont because there aren't any but no doubt you feel good about yourself and how much cleverer you are than the average arse 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

Seems you saw it coming within a few months, how did you feel during the first season under Carlos? I take it you didn't bother watching us the entire season (including Wembley) knowing how much of a disaster this was going to come to and wanting him out straight away?

• Like 1

To be fair, there's nothing wrong with the 'go for it' model of getting out of Championship - that's what I thought we were using. The problem is we weren't using that model at all, we weren't using any model. 

The 'go for it' model demands that, if it doesn't work, you sell your assets and cut your expenses to prepare for another shot in a couple of seasons. We didn't do that. Because DC didn't know to/didn't know how/was too proud/thought he knew better/simply is utterly incompetent. 

Edited by cbirks

5 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Seems you saw it coming within a few months, how did you feel during the first season under Carlos? I take it you didn't bother watching us the entire season (including Wembley) knowing how much of a disaster this was going to come to and wanting him out straight away?

I did go and watch them yes just because I said I saw it coming does not mean I would  not go to the games as I am a Wednesday fan and hoped things would  get better snd he would see some sense 

but sadly he hasn’t he has got worse 

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Who said success? I said we’ve been in decline for 4 years apart from Bruce’s brief stint.

That’s the only top half finish we’ve had since 2017 and we were close to relegation when he took over 

We were still in decline under him too...we didnt get an automatic promotion place,couldnt sustain a challenge for the play offs,& finished 12th..