A lot of us saw this coming

2 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

I and many others saw this coming within a few months of takeover with his actions 

what is wrong tho is that many fans say we all were happy with him and enjoyed the ride that season that’s not true

Attendances would say otherwise even at crazy prices..

• Like 3

I agree - I can’t say admin is a good way out I just hope we dont owe local businesses cash 

tbh I can’t see a clean way out of this mess

relegation is still avoidable but looks likely and all that means financially 

god knows what the efl will throw at us when Enid blyton signs off the books 

I really can’t see someone stumping up with what dc thinks is worth answering the phone about 

so where do we end up ? 

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox

There is a tendency to look the other way when the going is good, maybe even ignore or defend a few irregularities. If it’s working, it’s justifiable. But when it isn’t...it’s hard to comprehend such a mess. 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I agree - I can’t say admin is a good way out I just hope we dont owe local businesses cash 

tbh I can’t see a clean way out of this mess

relegation is still avoidable but looks likely and all that means financially 

god knows what the efl will throw at us when Enid blyton signs off the books 

I really can’t see someone stumping up with what dc thinks is worth answering the phone about 

so where do we end up ? 

He has not a clue about running the club 

all excuses of blaming advisers 

it’s his fault he won’t admit he is out his depth 

I followed them 45 years and still will but whatever it takes he needs to go and soon 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Yes, how dare those fans enjoy the team playing well and winning more often than not.

Threads like this don't really help do they?

I meant we were not all in agreement of his policies from the start 

But Ok wait till it sinks lower then !!!! 
We all want the best for the club 

10 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Yes, how dare those fans enjoy the team playing well and winning more often than not.

Threads like this don't really help do they?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

Calling fans out for enjoying being decent for a bit after years of sh*te is just daft. Not defending Chansiri, I was very vocal about how much I disagreed with the pricing structure. All this "I saw all this coming" stuff helps nobody, it's about as far from WAWAW as possible.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

I and many others saw this coming within a few months of takeover with his actions 

what is wrong tho is that many fans say we all were happy with him and enjoyed the ride that season that’s not true . He pulled the wool over many fans . It’s a shame but I for one would rather see us in admin than let it get worse 

so what if he put lots in the club does that balance disrespect towards us and contempt for us . 
The quicker he is out the better 

Perfectly put fella, it was there for all to see and many chose not to.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

Many were against prices to get in, especially pay on the gate crowd...they did vote with their feet.

At the time, weren't many complaining about the football side of it..indeed a lot shrugged their shoulders, if that's what it costs..blah.

More season ticket holders than ever in our history and by a long way.

1 minute ago, ttimeowls said:

He has not a clue about running the club 

all excuses of blaming advisers 

it’s his fault he won’t admit he is out his depth 

I followed them 45 years and still will but whatever it takes he needs to go and soon 

I completely disregard this latest farce over EA, I think he was found out 

Re AP  I seriously doubt our ‘advisor’ is only that 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We’ve not signed a player for over £1m since Joost van Aken in August 2017.

You cannot be as badly run as we are with no investment going into the first team.

Apart from a brief stint under Bruce we’ve been in decline for 4 years and now we’re in free fall.

See what the remainder of this window brings but it seems the only players we can afford to bring in are free agents who no one else wants

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

Tell me what actions you saw in the first few months that lead you to making that statement?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

It was obvious from the start.

No verification of his business experience, his name appearing everywhere, kit fiascos, clear outside influence from Portugal, bizarre signings that never played...

The list is endless. It should never have been allowed to get this far. Those fans who backed him have to take some of the responsibility unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

It was obvious from the start.

No verification of his business experience, his name appearing everywhere, kit fiascos, clear outside influence from Portugal, bizarre signings that never played...

The list is endless. It should never have been allowed to get this far. Those fans who backed him have to take some of the responsibility unfortunately.

Glad you agree too 

• Haha 1

Most fans were behind gambling/spending at the time, as was I.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite.

We'd been in the wilderness for 15 years, have no youth policy, had no parachute money, unlike many of our promotion rivals, so spending seemed the only short-term viable option at the time.

Which it is/was.

Because sustainability takes years to implement, and both Chansiri and the majority of our fans were in a hurry.

Few clubs are less suited to sustainability than are we, bearing in mind our perennial failure to produce players.

I get the pricing; if club A has twice as many fans as club B, then the fans of club B have to pay twice as much if the turnovers are to be equal.

Turnover has always been a problem here, and if we've got problems with P&S now, God knows where we'd be with the old pricing structure.

The real problem isn't that Chansiri knows nothing about football, because most chairmen don't (even if they think they do).

The problem is Paixao, and Chansiri's unwillingness to dispense with him.

Advice has to be impartial, and Paixao's isn't.

Whilst his presence may have been a disaster for the club, fans and, yes, Chansiri, it certainly won't have been for Paixao.

The problem isn't gambling, but the gambling has to be intelligent and not driven by self-interest. 

Chansiri is stubborn, and that is our main problem.

Most chairmen would have given Paixao his marching orders long since, but Chansiri stubbornly sticks to this system when he surely must now realize that it's not working.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Not sure I saw it as soon as that. The beginning of his reign was by far the most enjoyable period in decades, and many fans said it was the best since the Atkinson / Francis days in the early 90s (I was too young to fully remember).

The first sign of trouble was appointing JL after CC left. There was a slight positive turn when SB came in, but that dull and apathetic feeling has been setting in since 2017.  I can't see any way it can change now. 

This is a more accurate reflection of events. Some of the other stuff that's been mentioned was further down the line. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Calling fans out for enjoying being decent for a bit after years of sh*te is just daft. Not defending Chansiri, I was very vocal about how much I disagreed with the pricing structure. All this "I saw all this coming" stuff helps nobody, it's about as far from WAWAW as possible.

NO

What's 'about as far away from WAWAW as possible' is mocking and abusing fans who pointed out everything that was happening as it happened to those who just won't hear a bad word said about the chairman, and siding with the Chairman against the best for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Constant, total mocking of fans warning of what was to come. For years it's gone on whilst the club's been crumbling away.

Not because those fans pointing out the (obvious) issues were troublecausers or paranoid but because it was inevitable given the things that were happening

Siding with Chansiri over SWFC and our fans - THAT is about as far from WAWAW as possible and some of our fans should be hanging their heads in shame right now

We all know who they are

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop