A lot of us saw this coming

I can remember seeing the prices on my phone v Bristol City game on the bus on the way home and thinking that many fans wouldn't stand for this and they would have to be a bit of a climb down. Was very surprised how many fans didn't seem to mind.

Never warmed to Chansiri since I saw those prices and found the hero worship of him nauseating (especially that banner on the Kop).

Although I admit that I never would have predicted our current circumstances, thought some of the things were probably because of his naivety and a bit of a learning curve for him.
In 2016 I think I remember posting on here thinking we would probably be a bit of a yo yo club like West Brom or Norwich are currently. So no I told you so from me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I often wonder how it would have panned out if we had won the play off final.

Chansiri in the Premier League

lol

I think we would have got relegated the next season which is no great shame if we put up a decent fight and the club used the money sensibly to make sure  the club was stable and be able to compete to go back up afterwards.

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think we would have got relegated the next season which is no great shame if we put up a decent fight and the club used the money sensibly to make sure  the club was stable and be able to compete to go back up afterwards.

Imagine the fun Chansiri would have had with the parachute payments.. 😳

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Cant disagree with any of that. 

You have to think that Paixao has some hold over Chansiri. 

DC must be frightened of him to keep taking his cr*p advice and losing his money. 

There has to be more to this than we will ever know. 

There seems to be no way out of the situation now. It's gone too far. Nobody will want to pay DC what he in his deluded mind will want. 

As a league 1 club in the current climate the club is virtually worthless. 

A sale at a quid to someone with some genuine vision is our only hope. 

Or start from scratch like Rangers did with a 5 year plan. 

Whatever happens it CANNOT be with Chansiri and his mentor. 

Yes, I now believe that he does indeed have some hold over him, although what that is God only knows.

I know that Chansiri would like additional investors to come onboard, but there is no chance of that considering the amount of money which has been squandered.

When you’re in the gutter, you can only look to the stars. 

One of them is off to Celtic though according to the press.

Try and stay positive folks, it’s a strange world we live in just now. Just don’t let anything get you down, personal resilience is key right now.

In it together, in it forever. UTO.

Edited by theowlsman

The thing is, it started well. Yeah, there were some bizarre decisions made such as the elephants and the silence for the Thai King, but as long as we were in with a shout of promotion, we all looked the other way.  Even at the start, the recruitment was mostly good.  Who can argue that Forestieri, Hooper, Wallace etc were not good signings? 

For me, there are a few times where had a decision been made, we would not find ourselves here.

1. Carlos should have gone after the home defeat by the blunts.

2. Should not have signed Rhodes.

3. Should have sold Forestieri when we were offered crazy money for him.

10 hours ago, steelowl said:

I agree - I can’t say admin is a good way out I just hope we dont owe local businesses cash 

tbh I can’t see a clean way out of this mess

relegation is still avoidable but looks likely and all that means financially 

god knows what the efl will throw at us when Enid blyton signs off the books 

I really can’t see someone stumping up with what dc thinks is worth answering the phone about 

so where do we end up ? 

If we owe local businesses money and we go pop they will get nothing. A bit like when Leeds were taken into admin loads in the Elland Road area didn't get paid a penny.

There are many games to go and we can still stay up but we need to be at it every game and not just when it suits us. 

10 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Yes, how dare those fans enjoy the team playing well and winning more often than not.

Threads like this don't really help do they?

Because there is more to it than that, its the bigger picture, not just how pretty things are

• Thanks 1

For future reference

The sh** or bust approach is too much of a gamble. Organic growth and good management of the club from top to bottom is the way forward, building strong foundations as a basis for future growth, appointing the best in their respective fields to take the club forward. If only we had Mr C’s money with Milan’s nouse.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

It’s a shame but I for one would rather see us in admin than let it get worse 

There's not much worse than admin mate, it's the end of SWFC. You hope someone than comes along to inject the cash needed to start again.

Don't know why people like this option, it fills me with terror

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Calling fans out for enjoying being decent for a bit after years of sh*te is just daft. Not defending Chansiri, I was very vocal about how much I disagreed with the pricing structure. All this "I saw all this coming" stuff helps nobody, it's about as far from WAWAW as possible.

No it isnt,its a wake up call for those who still have blinkers over their eyes(example would be those cheering at 'Hutch' coming back..) & unable to see that our managergo round was a symptom,not a cause....

10 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

We’ve not signed a player for over £1m since Joost van Aken in August 2017.

You cannot be as badly run as we are with no investment going into the first team.

Apart from a brief stint under Bruce we’ve been in decline for 4 years and now we’re in free fall.

See what the remainder of this window brings but it seems the only players we can afford to bring in are free agents who no one else wants

Bruce,remind me again,where did we finish in the league under him?

8 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

But...if we do well surely Paixao makes more money...getting a cut of transfer fees can't be making him a lot given the dross we've signed

Depends if the transfer fees are regardless of any sucess

Also we don't know how advisors are renumerated really - could be a monthly retainer, could be a commission % of any deals etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

NO

What's 'about as far away from WAWAW as possible' is mocking and abusing fans who pointed out everything that was happening as it happened to those who just won't hear a bad word said about the chairman, and siding with the Chairman against what was/is best for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Constant, total mocking of fans warning of what was to come. For years it's gone on whilst the club's been crumbling away.

Not because those fans pointing out the (obvious) issues were troublecausers or paranoid but because it was inevitable given the things that were happening

Siding with Chansiri over SWFC and our fans - THAT is about as far from WAWAW as possible and some of our fans should be hanging their heads in shame right now

We all know who they are

Hear Hear  & well said