A lot of us saw this coming

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Saw it coming but kept to yourself until we were in the sheeite 

Link to a post you made about how bad Chansiri is/was and how he was going to ruin the club that you posted 2016/17 

You wont because there aren't any but no doubt you feel good about yourself and how much cleverer you are than the average arse 

Well said Mick.

Hate going down the 'I told you so' route as it just divides the fanbase when we need to be together.

But I have received a lot of abuse over the years for questioning the way Chansiri has run the club, from the day he announced tickets for our first home game would be £39 on the Kop. Some of the messages I received on here and Twitter meant I couldn't sleep.

I never thought I'd fall out of love with Wednesday, but at times I have felt a bit of an outsider - I get more joy now by helping out at my local non-league team.

What's happened to Sheffield Wednesday is a disgrace, and I'm glad many more people are waking up to it, but the warning signs were there from day one.

Make no mistake, we are a crisis club - just like Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth, Bolton et al have been. While their fans took action, made a stand, ours (myself included) just dawdle along watching our club die. Far too accepting of the poo served up to us.

Sadly, I can only see this ending one way - with the club ceasing to exist. There is no way the man in charge will settle for making a loss on his investment, but there will come a time when daddy's money runs out and he can't afford it any more. He'll just blame Covid, or the fans, or Brexit.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Hate going down the 'I told you so' route as it just divides the fanbase when we need to be together.

But I have received a lot of abuse over the years for questioning the way Chansiri has run the club, from the day he announced tickets for our first home game would be £39 on the Kop. Some of the messages I received on here and Twitter meant I couldn't sleep.

I never thought I'd fall out of love with Wednesday, but at times I have felt a bit of an outsider - I get more joy now by helping out at my local non-league team.

What's happened to Sheffield Wednesday is a disgrace, and I'm glad many more people are waking up to it, but the warning signs were there from day one.

Make no mistake, we are a crisis club - just like Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth, Bolton et al have been. While their fans took action, made a stand, ours (myself included) just dawdle along watching our club die. Far too accepting of the poo served up to us.

Sadly, I can only see this ending one way - with the club ceasing to exist. There is no way the man in charge will settle for making a loss on his investment, but there will come a time when daddy's money runs out and he can't afford it any more. He'll just blame Covid, or the fans, or Brexit.

Always said our fans are way too accepting of mediocrity. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That’s right ganging up on Chansiri doubters again. Just like happened when anyone dared question him a few years ago. Point the finger at the source of this ******** shitshow. 

Nobody is ganging up on anybody. We're all hurting, we all want what is best for the club.

All this, "I saw all this coming" doesn't help in my opinion.

Think some need to grow up a bit to be honest.

4 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Nobody is ganging up on anybody. We're all hurting, we all want what is best for the club.

I don’t think people who were sceptical of Chansiri need to grow up. 

3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Thats fine

In that case I never expect to read anyone criticising or attacking fans expressing concerns about the running of the club either 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I will admit I supported DC when he first arrived I accepted the high ticket prices and put faith in the man what he knew what he was doing. 

I did however question a lot of things like the stockpiling of players in the first two seasons. But went with it because I trusted (naively) that he knew what he was doing. My trust in him started to unravel when he gave Carlos a new contract which to me was nonsensical after two play off defeats. Then I saw him for what he was when he took to the official website and ranted at the fans before sacking Carlos. He then came up with the idea that he would refund the season tickets of fans who were not happy. That’s when I realised this guy doesn’t know what he’s doing.

I agree I don’t like the ‘I told you so’ mentality - people have different opinions and you can’t blame Wednesday fans for getting caught up in the mass spending and optimism after 15 years of pain.

It was the perfect storm. But the fallout has been lower than the high of reaching Wembley and those two seasons. Since then it’s been the worst time to support Wednesday for me and I sincerely mean that. 

The club has lost its soul under DC.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I will admit I supported DC when he first arrived I accepted the high ticket prices and put faith in the man what he knew what he was doing. 

I did however question a lot of things like the stockpiling of players in the first two seasons. But went with it because I trusted (naively) that he knew what he was doing. My trust in him started to unravel when he gave Carlos a new contract which to me was nonsensical after two play off defeats. Then I saw him for what he was when he took to the official website and ranted at the fans before sacking Carlos. He then came up with the idea that he would refund the season tickets of fans who were not happy. That’s when I realised this guy doesn’t know what he’s doing.

I agree I don’t like the ‘I told you so’ mentality - people have different opinions and you can’t blame Wednesday fans for getting caught up in the mass spending and optimism after 15 years of pain.

It was the perfect storm. But the fallout has been lower than the high of reaching Wembley and those two seasons. Since then it’s been the worst time to support Wednesday for me and I sincerely mean that. 

The club has lost its soul under DC.

I agree with 90% of that.

Good post.

We certainly have lost our soul, I think that's the worst part of it.

I don't think the fans will take this demise lightly this time - post COVID return to league 1 and watching kids with a handful of games between them lining up will light a fuse I suspect.

It will be like collective waking up only to realise you've been burgled  DC condensing tone is likely to see him under severe criticism - the social media abuse to date he doesn't like will intensify and likely to spill over to the ground. 

• Like 2

I hate DC as much as the next man but the premise of the OP is bo!!ocks and revisionist IMO. And the "I told you so" tone is also unnecessary.

I'm still waiting to hear what the warning signs were that so evident to some in the first few months? Beyond the obvious being bought by a foreigner with no knowledge of football....... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

That’s right ganging up on Chansiri doubters again. Just like happened when anyone dared question him a few years ago. Point the finger at the source of this ******** shitshow. 

No it isn't at all

Just annoyed about people blatently making stuff up 

I don't have and never have had strong feelings either way about the ownership, whether we like it or not the club is his and until he decides otherwise theres not much we can do about it 

In fact i argued on these very pages in the disgusting ticket price threads down the years that Chansiri was a businessman hoping to pick up plenty on the back end ........................................hows that working out by the way 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

The facts are the ownership is absolutely inept. Some saw it way sooner than others and that is not in question. I take exception to people saying they could see it after a few months, because that is total BS. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

The facts are the ownership is absolutely inept. Some saw it way sooner than others and that is not in question. I take exception to people saying they could see it after a few months, because that is total BS. Those that resisted from day one probably did so on grounds of race.......

The warning signs have been there since 2017 for me. I know Kivo was very vocal in 2015 against the ticket price hike and whilst many agreed, most went along with it as pain for the promotion push whilst observing DC investing heavily into quality players.

The post Huddersfield semi charade of bringing in past it players and racking up unsustainable player salaries needed to change then. He refused and hence started what we reap today. Whilst in the context of our current implosion, the 150yr 'celebrations are not high on the disaster list, it identified for me his total lack of respect for the club - it was a total shambles and embarrassment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Animis said:

The warning signs have been there since 2017 for me. I know Kivo was very vocal in 2015 against the ticket price hike and whilst many agreed, most went along with it as pain for the promotion push whilst observing DC investing heavily into quality players.

The post Huddersfield semi charade of bringing in past it players and racking up unsustainable player salaries needed to change then. He refused and hence started what we reap today. Whilst in the context of our current implosion, the 150yr 'celebrations are not high on the disaster list, it identified for me his total lack of respect for the club - it was a total shambles and embarrassment. 

I was about to say we all have our line in the sand where we said enough is enough but some people still haven't reached that yet. That's their choice.

Ticket pricing was an emotive issue although in my view it was not in its self a valid reason for thinking the ownership is sh!t. Ticketing schemes on the other hand, definitely were.

There have been so many errors of judgement, mistakes, debacles it's difficult to remember. It would be a painful experience but it would also be useful to see it chronologically recorded because it would make it harder for people like the OP to make BS comments. Or, maybe it wouldn't.......

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Animis said:

For me as well it showed a lack of understanding football fandom.

The anniversary programme for example, was for the Sheffield United game. The game I'm sure no Wednesday fan wants to remember. I haven't looked at that programme since that day and have no wish to. 

What they should have done with the 150th celebrations is instead of this year long thing they did, make the international week and the Forest game (first home game in September and closest to 150th) a real special occasion, one off kit. Full day of build up and leave it there.

Instead it just became a bit of a farce.

• Like 1