A lot of us saw this coming

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, I can only recall a very small minority agreeing with the ticket prices.

I'd say the majority went along with it without piping up against it. The number of lectures I had from people on here telling me it was perfectly justified doesn't bear thinking about.  It stank on Day One against Bristol City and still stinks now. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There were fans actually trying to sell Chansiri's theory (word for word) that you can only get promoted with high ticket prices

They were attacking fans who criticised the price rises, called them 'not proper fans', press the little laugh smiley at any posts concerned about the pricing etc and basically directly attacked anyone who wasn't trotting out what Chansiri was saying.

It was and remains totally disgusting 

Yet another example of some fans supporting Chansiri and not the football club

The Uberfans mate. 

9 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

My concerns started when Pearson left for L***s. Something he saw spooked him.

Stay with SWFC, at the start of an ambitious project for promotion, with the club appearing to be on the up and in a great position or leave and join mental Massimo on his crusade to make LUFC the laughing stock of the league.

It appeared a crazy move to me at the time but, like the rest us, I brushed it off. He’s a fan of club, maybe looking at a takeover etc....

The reality was probably a huge pointer to how DC was going to run the club.

Not sure I agree with this to be honest.

Pearson is a big Leeds fan and I never got the impression he was going to be here for the long haul anyway, Chansiri or not.

If I remember rightly Roeder's interview from that day was a lot more interesting, speaking about the club and what the plans were. Pearson was less so.

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Not sure I agree with this to be honest.

Pearson is a big Leeds fan and I never got the impression he was going to be here for the long haul anyway, Chansiri or not.

If I remember rightly Roeder's interview from that day was a lot more interesting, speaking about the club and what the plans were. Pearson was less so.

Maybe, but it seemed very weird at the time. 

I remember his first press conference with Cellino, he looked shell shocked and I thought we on earth would he leave what DC had planned, for a bloomin nutcase. 

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Maybe, but it seemed very weird at the time. 

I remember his first press conference with Cellino, he looked shell shocked and I thought we on earth would he leave what DC had planned, for a bloomin nutcase. 

Money maybe?

I may have made this up but did Pearson also claim some family thing so being closer to Leeds was easier for him work wise?

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I'd say the majority went along with it without piping up against it. The number of lectures I had from people on here telling me it was perfectly justified doesn't bear thinking about.  It stank on Day One against Bristol City and still stinks now. 

I'd have to revisit the old thread.

Do remember thinking they were absurd at the time.

To think all that income has been wasted too.

On 28/01/2021 at 05:19, Orlando_Trustful said:

Not sure I saw it as soon as that. The beginning of his reign was by far the most enjoyable period in decades, and many fans said it was the best since the Atkinson / Francis days in the early 90s (I was too young to fully remember).

The first sign of trouble was appointing JL after CC left. There was a slight positive turn when SB came in, but that dull and apathetic feeling has been setting in since 2017.  I can't see any way it can change now. 

Unfortunately my trustful friend, the damage was already done by the time Carlos agreed to go. We were totally skint, but I did note (and have kept going on about it a bit), that DC showed his true colours by making Jos the manager, even though there was no money available to buy players, the embargo was in place and we had half a squad full of players either in the pub or in the newly extended sick bay.

I cannot stand the man, or much that he has done at the club, other than the new scoreboard and the new pitch, which now looks nearly as threadbare and unreliable as our bizarre collection of players.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

Glad you agree too 

I said all this when they doubled the boxes / directors seats / etc 

I posted this back when but my posts were taken down for some reason but now at last fans are coming out with this 

your right too fans should stick together rather than throw abuse towards people’s opinions 

great honest post you have done ✅ 

I said the same about putting the ticket prices up before the "better" manager and team was in place, but where does that get us? Even if everybody had agreed instead of spouting rubbish about "DC spending loads of his own money so support him", we would still be in the same boat. I also said we were worse off, in debt and in a lower position than when we finished the season under Gray, and that the meetings with DC were pointless unless he decided to give the fans back the shareholding that we had before MM took over, which would have given us a proper voice and recourse to approach the EFL whenever DC decided to ignore our views and do whatever he wanted to, but I don't think anybody had got the round things to put that to Chansiri in the fans forum meeting. Maybe the trust will take it up, but I have not heard anything as yet. The government were supposed to be all for fans taking part ownership, but have done nothing except tell the clubs they have to chat with fans twice a year and they do not even bother to enforce that!

Football needs complete transparency in player wages, transfer fees, one set of rules for every country etc and then we can all see what our clubs and other clubs are doing because right now pretty much all of them are bending the rules, breaking the rules and getting away with it and it is the fans that suffer every time. DC did not get 12 points deducted SWFC did. Fine DC not the club, because he makes all the decisions, let him pay and hit him were it really hurts, in that little shrunken pocket where he keeps the loose change set aside for his son's little football club hobby. That's all we were to him when he bought us and how much has that really changed? We are a part time hobby and a major embarrassment to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's thinking of swapping us now for a basketball team or a baseball team. 

18 hours ago, Morepork said:

I hate DC as much as the next man but the premise of the OP is bo!!ocks and revisionist IMO. And the "I told you so" tone is also unnecessary.

I'm still waiting to hear what the warning signs were that so evident to some in the first few months? Beyond the obvious being bought by a foreigner with no knowledge of football....... 

I know this is going over old ground 

But the announcement of the potg prices made a lot of people sit up and take notice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There were fans actually trying to sell Chansiri's theory (word for word) that you can only get promoted with high ticket prices

They were attacking fans who criticised the price rises, called them 'not proper fans', press the little laugh smiley at any posts concerned about the pricing etc and basically directly attacked anyone who wasn't trotting out what Chansiri was saying.

What a great post that is,these days i am a little clumsy with my wording,but that post is bang on the money...

At what point between now and the end of the season does Chansiri start to panic when he realises his £300M  ‘Investment’ in this club will be reduced to £3M if we are relegated?

He must be very proud of his achievements so far - the man is as cool as a cucumber.

Guest Mcguigan
6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair, we’ve been a hell of a lot closer with high ticket prices than low ones.

Generally, after forking out for tickets, we’re a tight bunch down at S6. 

Even in the days before DC and, for a club regularly getting early 20k crowds, our retail and corporate sales were terrible against our peers.

I’d presume they still are, although the reporting of those incomes was hidden when DC arrived.

We achieved our highest average, outside of the top flight, for 50 years paying those high prices. Even last season our crowds were above the usual average we get since we were relegated from the PL.

The ticket prices are a handy stick to beat DC with but they are not the real problem and if we were top 4, going into tomorrow’s game, they’d be 25k+ inside Hillsborough.

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

To be fair, we’ve been a hell of a lot closer with high ticket prices than low ones.

Generally, after forking out for tickets, we’re a tight bunch down at S6. 

Even in the days before DC and, for a club regularly getting early 20k crowds, our retail and corporate sales were terrible against our peers.

I’d presume they still are, although the reporting of those incomes was hidden when DC arrived.

We achieved our highest average, outside of the top flight, for 50 years paying those high prices. Even last season our crowds were above the usual average we get since we were relegated from the PL.

The ticket prices are a handy stick to beat DC with but they are not the real problem and if we were top 4, going into tomorrow’s game, they’d be 25k+ inside Hillsborough.

Because most fans (myself included unfortunately) bought into the idea and philosophy of that first full season when Carlos was appointed. What was the questionnaire again? Wanna pay high prices but better quality players? Well the prices stayed high but the quality has plummeted. 

Yes our corporate side wasn't exactly great before but atleast we had boxes getting filled, Wednesdayites with businesses were able to get involved with the club. Chansiri had a chance to move this into an even greater relationship and bond but chose his stubborn mentality and like everything else he has touched at the club, its gone to ruin.

• Like 1

I mean - I can’t tell you the number of times I went into the club store with money In My pocket to spend and I’ve walked out empty handed

The amount of times I’ve been online ready to spend money and the website being awful and or lacking in information for products I want to buy. I just quit in annoyance.

Nor can I forget that time they sent out a Christmas catalogue of products available to buy. Yet when I go to order within a week later they’re either out of stock or unavailable.

So the suggestion that fans are to blame for lack of income vs our peers is nothing short of ridiculous in my view.

Edited by Gerinako