Lukas Jutkiewicz

Its because we like to bring in midfielders and call them attackers or sign strikers that don't score.

Then blame everyone else when we only score 15 goals in 23 games.

It is not difficult to work our where the problem is too many midfielders up front, and no decent midfielders in midfield supplying the chances to the strikers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He's the type of striker we need to lead the line and the type of striker we have lacked since Fletcher left. For what we need and in our position he'd be an ideal signing, however despite rating him and wanting us to sign him in the past, I'd personally rather us sign someone on the rise from the lower leagues like Joe Pigott or Luke Jephcott. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Why do people think we could we attract a prolific goal scorer with a 1 in 2 record in the championship? 

Any striker we attract will have a 1 in 3/4 strike rate at best 

True, which is why, as Owls-Fan says, we need one who can help others to find the net too.

• Like 1

A tank of a player. I remember he came on for Boro many years ago and looked like he’d eaten someone. 

We need this kind of player as Windass and Marriott are similar but if Paterson got injured we would be up the creek for a physical striker.

In the absence of a manager I wouldn’t be surprised if we are just progressing the transfer strategy agreed by the club with Monk.

I don’t think the manager is entirely without a say though given Monk wanted Hutchinson out and he’s now back.

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox

One of the best headers of the ball in the champ. I’d be shocked if Brum let him out this month. They need him for Hogan & Leko to play off.