Lukas Jutkiewicz

I think we need someone like Lukas to come lead the line, then I'd be going for a loan for someone like Louie Barry or Liam Delap who are scoring goals for U23's for Aston Villa and Man City.

We aren't going to get someone proven in this league. The last time we did that it cost us £3m plus £30k a week! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pieman said:

He's played 23 games this year. Is he not getting picked at the minute?

no he is having cameo’s off the bench - they play hogan (just got an injury) with 2 attacking mids, and apparently according to them try to walk the ball into the net. 

He is more reliant on crosses, holding the ball up and bringing others into play - 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I think we need someone like Lukas to come lead the line, then I'd be going for a loan for someone like Louie Barry or Liam Delap who are scoring goals for U23's for Aston Villa and Man City.

We aren't going to get someone proven in this league. The last time we did that it cost us £3m plus £30k a week! 

Another is Joel Mumbongo, highly thought of by Sean Dyche. Pace and power, and 4 or 5 years older than Louie Barry. Jutkiewicz would be way down my list, but as a last resort, maybe a loan until the end of the season. As others have said, doesn’t score many now, but will bring others into play

2 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

no he is having cameo’s off the bench - they play hogan (just got an injury) with 2 attacking mids, and apparently according to them try to walk the ball into the net. 

He is more reliant on crosses, holding the ball up and bringing others into play - 

I am guessing that the herculean stumbling block will be the fact they are relegation rivals and it would be madness to sell to us. Maybe a swap would interest them? Joey Pelupessy?

Just now, Pieman said:

I am guessing that the herculean stumbling block will be the fact they are relegation rivals and it would be madness to sell to us. Maybe a swap would interest them? Joey Pelupessy?

yeah I’d have thought so - if we did sign him would be a massive upgrade on Patterson and would improve the starting 11 & squad 

I’ve attached his mins recently mainly off the bench 

his a real fans favourite at blues, they would gutted to lose him

BCFB25DC-DECB-4119-929B-BB89F3FDAC75.png

The type of player we need, just wonder whether this particular player is a season past his best. Also, £1m a lot considering what we baulk at paying for younger players with development potential.

Not as mobile as he used to be, but if we can play the likes of Green, Windass, Harris high up the pitch to feed of him, could still be useful.

5 minutes ago, The Chief said:

He would be an upgrade on Paterson although not sure anyone else would run through a keeper like Paterson. For that reason I have mixed feelings

Would be nice if our expectations of a striker were a little higher than running through the keeper

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Typical Spanish style. Doesn't suit him on bit so can see why they are trying to offload. We should get him in, won't be too costly and could suit us with Reach/Harris etc providing the assists.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 0114 said:

To be fair he’s playing under the Spanish Pulis this season. But the last 2 seasons before he’s been very good.

19/20

46 games

14 goals

3 assists

18/19

46 games

14 goals

10 assists

Agreed. That’s pretty good for a targetman.

This year though he started the season as an ever-present but is now coming on for cameo mins as sub.

I’d have him in a heartbeat. Proper striker.

• Like 1

A huge factor in our demise has been paying for players with poor injury records.

This lad has played 115 of Brum’s last 117 matches, usually playing the full 90.

Its a complete no-brainer.

Therefore we won’t buy him and instead will play Green the winger out of position or we’ll get a lad who’s been injured who will play 8 of our 23 remaining matches.

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Wasn't it rumoured Monk wanted to bring him in?

If so, why are we still going after his targets

The same reason we have so far signed two of Pulis targets in Sam Hutchinson and Andre Green.

DC and his advisors don't have a clue what they are doing they are working off the old managers wanted list before they have a new manager in who will want different players.

But don't worry when fans are allowed back ticket prices will be £50 a game to pay for all this, a loyalty bonus for not attending games for a years so to speak. lol