Lukas Jutkiewicz

I’ve always liked Lukas ‘The Duke’ Jutkeiwicz at this level. He would answer a lot of the questions we have about the striking and goal scoring problems we have if we brought him in.

can I use the term ‘Missing Link’ in a way that doesn’t imply he’s a Neanderthal?

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

yeah I’d have thought so - if we did sign him would be a massive upgrade on Patterson and would improve the starting 11 & squad 

I’ve attached his mins recently mainly off the bench 

his a real fans favourite at blues, they would gutted to lose him

BCFB25DC-DECB-4119-929B-BB89F3FDAC75.png

Errrrrrr. The less he plays, the better the result 😀

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not prolific but his other strengths should benefit our team, with the likes of Green, Windass and Marriott playing off him.  Hopefully it’s us who want him and we can do the deal 

Rhodes would do well with him to play off.

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I think we need someone like Lukas to come lead the line, then I'd be going for a loan for someone like Louie Barry or Liam Delap who are scoring goals for U23's for Aston Villa and Man City.

We aren't going to get someone proven in this league. The last time we did that it cost us £3m plus £30k a week! 

I like the idea of getting someone like Delap. Just don't think City would realistically let him go on loan to a team in our league position without a manager.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

The same reason we have so far signed two of Pulis targets in Sam Hutchinson and Andre Green.

DC and his advisors don't have a clue what they are doing they are working off the old managers wanted list before they have a new manager in who will want different players.

But don't worry when fans are allowed back ticket prices will be £50 a game to pay for all this, a loyalty bonus for not attending games for a years so to speak. lol

Green wasn't specifically a Pulis target for us, the player himself said we were close to doing a deal some time ago, before Pulis was our manager. 

27 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Would defo take him. Much better than Nuhiu in my opinion

He is better in the air than Nuhiu but not with ball at feet. His goals per game record looks better than Nuhiu but that doesn't take into account the amount if times Nuhiu played as a late sub to waste time when we had little intent of scoring.

He is better than what we have now though and would give us a focal point to play up to and give us the opportunity to play in the opposition half more than we have been capable of. 

Given the desperate lack of available strikers, I'd probably accept this signing.

But, it strikes me as yet another transfer that's been done about three years too late.

He's 31 now, and on a short term deal, if there's little else about, I've no issue with it, and he's probably as good as there is about.

But, I certainly wouldn't want to be agreeing to a multiple year contract and paying a fee for him.

Deal til the end of the season...keep us up...then build for the future.

• Like 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

I love how some look at our position and expect a top drawer striker.

At some point you’re going to realise that this is as good as we’re likely to get unless we get someone as part of a swap plus cash deal.

It’s this sort of thinking that has led to us having to look for another striker, 6 months after accepting the last lot of “good as we could expect” strikers 😏

Just now, gurujuan said:

It’s this sort of thinking that has led to us having to look for another striker, 6 months after accepting the last lot of “good as we could expect” strikers 😏

You’re not trying to suggest our lack of goals is down to me are you?

Not that it would surprise me. Everything that was wrong about the club 2009-2010 was my fault at the time I recall. We couldn’t even find a player to stand still long enough to take the blame.

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He is better in the air than Nuhiu but not with ball at feet. His goals per game record looks better than Nuhiu but that doesn't take into account the amount if times Nuhiu played as a late sub to waste time when we had little intent of scoring.

He is better than what we have now though and would give us a focal point to play up to and give us the opportunity to play in the opposition half more than we have been capable of. 

Loads better than Nuhui..just my opinion..great target man....