Lukas Jutkiewicz

18 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Would've loved us to have signed him in the past, he's the type of striker we need. However, we could probably get someone similar and younger for cheaper. Dunno why we don't look at getting someone decent from the lower leagues like Joe Pigott. 

A few championship clubs have looked at Pigott, but decided against My main concern is, that we would have to pay over a million for him, and it’s a huge gamble for someone who’s 27, and has only done it in the lower leagues Not sure it’s good business sense to be signing lower league players who aren’t young enough to develop Not much around though

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

A few championship clubs have looked at Pigott, but decided against My main concern is, that we would have to pay over a million for him, and it’s a huge gamble for someone who’s 27, and has only done it in the lower leagues Not sure it’s good business sense to be signing lower league players who aren’t young enough to develop Not much around though

I read a while ago, before the opening of the January transfer window, that he might be available for a bargain price, due to him becoming out of contract at the end of the season? If he's available at a reasonable price, he'd offer better value for money than Jutkiewicz. Has someone like Jutkiewicz despite being the type of striker we need, wouldn't have any resale value. Whereas some players in the lower leagues or a younger version of Jutkiewicz would have some resale value. If not Pigott, I'd consider the likes of Jephcott or Abrahams, etc instead of wasting what little funds we have on players in their 30s.

Edited by The Night-Owl

7 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Who do you want us to sign? Someone who is a regular starter at their club?  You'll be waiting a while for that. 

No you're right, let's not show any aspiration or signs of doing what we can to get out of this mess and accept signing reserve players from fellow struggling teams. 

1 hour ago, JOCOWl said:

No you're right, let's not show any aspiration or signs of doing what we can to get out of this mess and accept signing reserve players from fellow struggling teams. 

Unless you've been living underground for the last 2 years , you'd realise there's no money to chuck around for players currently performing in their current teams. You give me a player we can realistically sign that everyone will think 'wow he's a right signing' it's the market we're shopping in now unfortunately. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Unless you've been living underground for the last 2 years , you'd realise there's no money to chuck around for players currently performing in their current teams. You give me a player we can realistically sign that everyone will think 'wow he's a right signing' it's the market we're shopping in now unfortunately. 

Do they have to be performing in the first team for their current clubs? Are there no loan deals to be had from prem clubs? I see Swansea managed to think outside the box and successfully go for hourihane. Who would have thought that? You don't ask you don't get. 

56 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Do they have to be performing in the first team for their current clubs? Are there no loan deals to be had from prem clubs? I see Swansea managed to think outside the box and successfully go for hourihane. Who would have thought that? You don't ask you don't get. 

And how to you know we haven't tried for these so called prem players on loan ? And have been rebuffed in our attempts. Its not as easy as it may seem given our current predicament, we aren't exactly an attractive proposition for so called Premier league players currently. Players like Connor Hourihane go to teams like Swansea for a 2 reasons, they'll be able to pay if not all but most of his wages, and also they are 3rd in the league fighting for promotion. 

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

And how to you know we haven't tried for these so called prem players on loan ? And have been rebuffed in our attempts. Its not as easy as it may seem given our current predicament, we aren't exactly an attractive proposition for so called Premier league players currently. Players like Connor Hourihane go to teams like Swansea for a 2 reasons, they'll be able to pay if not all but most of his wages, and also they are 3rd in the league fighting for promotion. 

I don't know for definite, neither do you know that we have explored these options. What I would expect is that the current financial climate should mean that deals are there to be done as clubs will need cash/cost off their bills so are likely to be a bit more open for a deal to be done. Based on what I've witnessed over the last 3 years I would not be putting my mortgage on us having explored all these avenues. Would you? 

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Anyone know much about this Kyle Joseph guy at Wigan? He’s causing quite a stir, with a few bigger clubs sniffing around We like shopping at Wigan as well

Heard Barnsley have been considering a move for him. Spurs also interested, likely to be loaned out immediately if that was to happen. Don't know much about him though. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

clubs will need cash/cost off their bills so are likely to be a bit more open for a deal to be done.

I’d say clubs are more worried about leaving themselves short in terms of personnel at the moment. Clubs will have already done their sums to budget for the season.

Guest wilyfox
12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Anyone know much about this Kyle Joseph guy at Wigan? He’s causing quite a stir, with a few bigger clubs sniffing around We like shopping at Wigan as well

looks a talent, but not much meat on the bone. At 19, he doesn’t have the physicality we need.

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I’d say clubs are more worried about leaving themselves short in terms of personnel at the moment. Clubs will have already done their sums to budget for the season.

Depends how big their squad is... And their budget would have included fans returning quicker than reality given where we are today. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Depends how big their squad is... And their budget would have included fans returning quicker than reality given where we are today. 

clubs budgeted for a year without fans. They had to. Was always likely and they knew it. 

there’s little evidence to suggest any championship clubs are being forced to the table.

Boro could lose Assombalonga and Fletcher for nothing in the summer. Paid over 20mil for the pair. They aren’t pressured to move them on. 

likewise, Bristol City could lose 5mil Diedhiou for nowt, and Collins at Luton. They’re not pressured either.

30 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

clubs budgeted for a year without fans. They had to. Was always likely and they knew it. 

there’s little evidence to suggest any championship clubs are being forced to the table.

Boro could lose Assombalonga and Fletcher for nothing in the summer. Paid over 20mil for the pair. They aren’t pressured to move them on. 

likewise, Bristol City could lose 5mil Diedhiou for nowt, and Collins at Luton. They’re not pressured either.

Prem clubs will not loan out as they need large squads yet villa allow one of their subs to leave on loan.... Still believe there are deals to be done if people have the appetite and desire to look. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Prem clubs will not loan out as they need large squads yet villa allow one of their subs to leave on loan.... Still believe there are deals to be done if people have the appetite and desire to look. 

If you’re referring to Hourihane, they let him out because the Sanson deal was already in the making.