Good luck Kieran Lee

So many still fawn over Westwood and Hutchison, but for me Keiran Lee was the real heart of that team which got so close to getting promoted.

Fantastic touch, unbelievable engine, great footballing brain, top class professional.

Good luck back in the wrong side of The Pennines lad!

• Like 2

Said it a thousand times but my favourite player we've had since I was a child.

At times absolutely genius. That 6-0 game against Leeds I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It might look like he's dropped a bit but he's always been a homebird, never moved from his hometown and now he's got an 18 month deal up the road. If he stays fit he'll be a local legend for them.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Best of luck, Kieran. A role model to all at the club - consistent, hard working & classy player seemingly without ego. Very unlucky with a serious injury, which proved conclusively how critical he was to a Wednesday side if it was to play high tempo thoughtful football with a midfield that both got forward and covered when possession was lost. Impaired by the legacy of his injury, he still carried the midfield at times even when it was clear his contract wouldn't be renewed. Could be a very shrewd acquisition for Bolton.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Can we break the bank and pay Bolton whatever they want to bring him back? Outstanding player.

I know people bang on about not looking back, moving forwards,  whatever, but we have no one in the current team anywhere near as intuitive, imaginative, has the positional sense, able to turn defence into attack, as unpredictable, (in a positive sense,) as consistently forward thinking as KL, even as he was last season. Watching JP in our midfield instead of him is gut wrenching.

• Like 1