Good luck Kieran Lee

That first season under Carlos, I've never seen anyone cover as much ground in a game as did. He just ran and ran. If he'd been fit the last few seasons, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in. Hope it works out for him at Bolton. 

Before his injuries, the best midfielder outside the Premier league imo,  even afterwards when he was miles off his best, his touch and reading of the game was still a level above even our better players. 

Best of luck to him, great player. 

Quality player who went under the radar through his career. Seems a quiet bloke and a reliable quiet player who would also ghost in at the right moment after working his backside off all game in various parts of the pitch. No surprise he learnt his trade at Man U.

However, like much of the squad, that final play off push took its toll and its not 2016 any longer. I’d seen some suggest he should still be playing here but we have to find a way to move forward and whilst he can hold his own he didn’t look as good at this level last season.

Fingers crossed he gets some deserved success at Bolton and plays an integral part in it. A player with his quality should have a promotion somewhere along the line.

There's a pretty solid case for him being the best player we've had since we were in the Premier League, definitely my favourite player since then. Thought he did well enough at the back end of last season for another year, but seems like that wasn't an option

Seem to remember his Dad comes on here, so I hope the well wishes are passed on, doesn't feel right we've not been able to give him a proper send off.

Edited by Beatpusher
  • Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Superb player in his prime. Intelligent, technically very good, and covered every blade of grass. Injuries took their toll, but I’m glad he’s fixed up somewhere. Best of luck Kieran, you’ll be fondly remembered here. 

How on gods green earth did this man never play in the premier league? Made football look easy, It’s a travesty that he’s now gonna be playing his football in the lower leagues but that’s what bad  injuries can do I suppose. For me he’s now in the conversation when we talk about legends of this great club

Similarly only old enough to have started going to games in early 00s, Kieran Lee has been arguably my favourite ever player. Could never have a bad word to say about him, just brilliant in that Carlos season. 

Best of luck Kieran Lee, shame he didn’t get the send off deserves. 

I’m glad he’s got a club sorted and hope his time out has given him chance to fully shift his injury’s. 

He almost certainly won’t be the player he was but I hope he adds a lot to Bolton and fair play to them for giving him a decent tenure of contract. 

Good luck Kieran 👍

Was the best player we had at times; the distance he covered was like having an extra player in the team. He also gave us 8 years loyal service: which is, in the modern game, phenomenal. Shame we didn’t get up under Carlos, Kieran deserved a chance in the Premier League.

• Like 1