Good luck Kieran Lee

Just an amazing footballer and the main reason we played that great football under Carlos in the first season. It was his speed of thought that made him a class above. Masterstroke by Gray to move him into midfield, and definitely my favourite player for a long time. He is the perfect example of the fact that you shouldn't give up on players too early. He cam from Oldham on a free, didn't get a look in at right back under Jones, and then becomes probably our most complete midfield player in many a year 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

My favourite player, probably since we were last in the top flight (trust me kids, we were once).

Not just a talented footballer, but intelligent with it and always applied himself with the right attitude, unlike so many others he shared a dressing room with. Good luck to him.

Incredibly intelligent. Eyes in the back of his head. 

What was amazing with Lee is that every season he improved. He started adding goals to his game and he became the all round midfield player. 

Warming to see the praise he’s getting on here and on social media. It’s a testament to what a great player he was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shelley Owl said:

Just an amazing footballer and the main reason we played that great football under Carlos in the first season. It was his speed of thought that made him a class above. Masterstroke by Gray to move him into midfield, and definitely my favourite player for a long time. He is the perfect example of the fact that you shouldn't give up on players too early. He cam from Oldham on a free, didn't get a look in at right back under Jones, and then becomes probably our most complete midfield player in many a year 

So true. I remember he came as a right back under Jones. I think he actually made his debut against Bolton funnily enough. 

• Like 1

Can’t imagine any fan having a bad word to say about him and from our lot that’s some achievement 

great player I hope I see him play again someday again so he can get the respect he deserves I know we would give him a lump in his throat 

fantastic pro 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJys172AOz4/?igshid=107dkfxq1apur 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJyyr8dg3SL/?igshid=1sh007r35a6r 

Not much admittedly. But probably the most you can expect in the current climate.

Surprised to hear on his interview with Bolton that he played over 30 games for us last season apparently? Surprised Monk didn’t keep him around considering that. 

yeah they've only just done that now, i'm talking about months ago when they first were released and we just pressumed they'd gone as we hadn't heard anything.

• Like 1

Consummate professional and long-standing player. One of the lads who worked for me knew him from back home and he said he is such a good bloke - really popular. All the best Kieran - shame the club treat our true "stars" so poorly. Little wonder we struggle to get people through the door and the best out of playing staff.  

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Can’t imagine any fan having a bad word to say about him and from our lot that’s some achievement 

great player I hope I see him play again someday again so he can get the respect he deserves I know we would give him a lump in his throat 

fantastic pro 

That got me thinking and I reckon you have hit the nail on the head.  Why would any fan question his ability etc?  

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

That got me thinking and I reckon you have hit the nail on the head.  Why would any fan question his ability etc?  

It’s a great point isn’t it. Even recent fans favourites like Forestieri, Westwood, Hutchinson have all had a few haters (for want of a better phrase).

Even Bannan, you get some people moaning about his performances etc. 

Nuhiu and Semedo were adored by fans, but you did get some fans criticising their ability. 

I don’t think you’d find one Wednesdayite who would moan about Kieran Lee as a footballer. He had it all.

Quite something.

• Like 3

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s a great point isn’t it. Even recent fans favourites like Forestieri, Westwood, Hutchinson have all had a few haters (for want of a better phrase).

Even Bannan, you get some people moaning about his performances etc. 

Nuhiu and Semedo were adored by fans, but you did get some fans criticising their ability. 

I don’t think you’d find one Wednesdayite who would moan about Kieran Lee as a footballer. He had it all.

Quite something.

!00% Agree, whilst all the above and many others did have their group of detractors, there was never one for KL, has to mean something in this age of hating/disliking people so readily. 

• Like 2

Such a good player and with a great attitude to match.

When at his best there was no finer sight than watching Kieran Lee arriving late in the box to slot it into the bottom corner of the goal. I’ve genuinely lost count of amount of last minute goals he scored for us.

I genuinely wish him all the best, if the truth be known I’d take him back at Hillsborough tomorrow.

• Like 1