Joey P

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

What a 5h1tty post. A backhanded compliment I’ve ever seen one. 

I’m only doing backhanded stuff until there’s more consistency in performance levels.

In spite of my downbeat mood though I have found myself surprisingly admitting grudging praise for Shaw, Westwood, Dunkley and Lees in a different post tonight. There might be hope for me yet.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The reason he gets so much hate is because the role he plays is functional and not glamourous like Bannan or maybe a striker role

Anyone who understands football understands Pelupessy

I disagree. He's had 3 seasons of anonymity, has often felt like a waste of a player, similar to how I feel when Rhodes starts. 

Today much better and about time he showed up IMO.

54 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Think he’s actually played a lot better under Pulis.

I think he might be responding to having very clear instructions. Maybe he was confused about his job in the team before. Pulis keeps it simple.

He was excellent today, there is no denying it.

I think Pulis has got him playing more like an actual footballer again.  

A week ago, Pessy was booting the ball out of play unnecessarily much to the anger of Pulis.  

He now controls the ball, looks up and passes it forward.

Much more positive play from Joey.   

If he keeps playing like that, he will be a regular in this side for sure.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, full fathom five said:

He always tries hard, he's just so very limited in terms of actual footballing ability. Hopefully after the transfer window we won't be seeing much of him, harsh maybe but true.

harsh indeed but probably not true .....he's pulis type player and he'll get game time no matter who we sign ..jos , bruce, monk and now pulis all played him coz he does the job they want him to do . 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

harsh indeed but probably not true .....he's pulis type player and he'll get game time no matter who we sign ..jos , bruce, monk and now pulis all played him coz he does the job they want him to do . 

He's not a Pulis type player he's a league 2 player at best. He'll get game time cos of injuries and a shortage of bodies nothing more.

• Haha 1