Joey P

Just now, full fathom five said:

He's not a Pulis type player he's a league 2 player at best. He'll get game time cos of injuries and a shortage of bodies nothing more.

he's good at what he does that why all 4 managers include him in the matchday squad ......he's everything you want ..he;s cheap , he keeps fit , he does what the manager asks coz if he didnt he wouldnt keep getting games ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The reason he gets so much hate is because the role he plays is functional and not glamourous like Bannan or maybe a striker role

Anyone who understands football understands Pelupessy

Load of rubbish. The reason he attracts negativity is that he isn't very good, but yes, he has been above his normal standard in his last couple.of games.

• Like 1

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Load of rubbish. The reason he attracts negativity is that he isn't very good, but yes, he has been above his normal standard in his last couple.of games.

so what arnt  jos ,bruce,monk and pulis seeing that you are for you  to say that ?.......

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

so what arnt  jos ,bruce,monk and pulis seeing that you are for you  to say that ?.......

Pretty sure, apart from Jos, he hasn't been anyone's first choice. In fact Pulis has preferred Luongo, Shaw and Iorfa to Pelupessy.

Bruce brought Hutchinson back at the drop of a hat I seem to remember too.

When everyone is fit he rarely gets a start. In fairness to him, at least he's generally fit, committed and available most of the time.

Look,  I'm not after turning this into a Joey bashing thread - he did his job today and that's more than can be said for lots of them on many occasions this season, but for Neil to say "if you don't rate him you don't understand football is a load if tosh.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's good at what he does that why all 4 managers include him in the matchday squad ......he's everything you want ..he;s cheap , he keeps fit , he does what the manager asks coz if he didnt he wouldnt keep getting games ....

Being cheap fit and doing what he's told isnt "everything I want" in a footballer.

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Pretty sure, apart from Jos, he hasn't been anyone's first choice. In fact Pulis has preferred Luongo, Shaw and Iorfa to Pelupessy.

Bruce brought Hutchinson back at the drop of a hat I seem to remember too.

When everyone is fit he rarely gets a start. In fairness to him, at least he's generally fit, committed and available most of the time.

Look,  I'm not after turning this into a Joey bashing thread - he did his job today and that's more than can be said for lots of them on many occasions this season, but for Neil to say "if you don't rate him you don't understand football is a load if tosh.

he's a squad player but all 4 have him in the matchday squad ,  if your chasing a game you dont want him out there but if  your wanting a defensive midfielder then he does a good job and certainly not a league 2 player like someone posted 

• Like 1

Just now, torryowl said:

he's a squad player but all 4 have him in the matchday squad ,  if your chasing a game you dont want him out there but if  your wanting a defensive midfielder then he does a good job and certainly not a league 2 player like someone posted 

If we had the usual number of subs and we have any ambitions of even being a top.half Championship team again IMO he's.not good enough for a matchday squad.

With 4 games a week, 23 subs every match and 17 injured I can see how he's getting in 😁

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Think he’s actually played a lot better under Pulis.

I don't care how or why players play better, but if he is playing better then fair play.

I can't comment, I don't do ifollow now, I did for last season but I don't really get much out of it.

However I cannot complain if Pulis is getting the best out of some players.

He's absolutely garbage, one of the worst players I've seen at S6. Everything wrong with our squad and recruitment summed up in one player.

Cant believe how a couple of bang average performances turn a player into a world beater on here. He can't pass, can't tackle and his reading of the game and positioning is awful. 

He tries so hard and is so positive because he can't believe he's still here!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1