Joey P

Whilst he would not be in my starting 11 if all are fit, he is nowhere near as bad and has never been as some make out - let's be honest we make an art form out of criticising our own players (probably similar to other fans I dunno)

Just because he doesn't fly in with leg breakers at a million miles per hour he is seen as useless DM. There is more to that role than that

I see what you mean about a ‘dog fight’ and with his spirit Fair enough if he had a good game, but I would like to think that Liam Shaw can replace him next season. Similar type of players. 

Pelupessy has been here 3 or 4 seasons and is only playing more this season because we got rid of Hutch and have Luongo. 

Never been good enough for this level, nor will he ever be. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, S1Owl said:

He scored a couple of cracking goals in the Dutch league. I can see how he would be a better player over there as more time on ball & slower pace 

Nice goal, in a turgid league. Look at how much space he has, something he will never get in this league. 

Be all and end all he is one of those players that don't sparkle but just get on with  it i have seen worse , I have seen better but the lad has got to where he is  so must have something about him , , that said he does a steady job and is doing it well in the circumstances we find ourselves in , to me that is the effort we need to get out of this mess ,he was steady yesterday and lifted his efforts in the game so good on him and long may it continue ,whether good enough or not that is for the future , but at present he is what we have got and he has earned a shot at the next game , 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Broomhill Owl said:

Improved, but still wouldn’t get in any team going for promotion to Premier League.

Probably not although even those teams need a spoiler who can disrupt play.

We aren't a promotion team, if you've not noticed we are in a relegation battle. He's a decent player for us and is doing a good job. I prefer Luongo but he's rarely fit. Pelupoessy might not win you games but he's a workhorse.

• Like 1

• F*ck all wages
  • ALWAYS fit 
  • ALWAYS available for selection
  • Doesn't give managers any bother 
  • Doesn't get involved in online b'llocks 
  • Doesn't chuck toys out pram about other signings. 
  • Never misses training 
  • Cost naff all 

We've had bigger issues at club than signing and playing Joey Pelupessy.

Odd how Jos, Bruce, Bullen , Monk and Pulis keep him about the first team. 

Do we want better? 

Of course.

We want better in every single position on the park. 

Least he gives his all till (IF) we do. 

More than can be said of some of our "heroes" of the last few year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 hour ago, Errol Flashman said:

• F*ck all wages
  • ALWAYS fit 
  • ALWAYS available for selection
  • Doesn't give managers any bother 
  • Doesn't get involved in online b'llocks 
  • Doesn't chuck toys out pram about other signings. 
  • Never misses training 
  • Cost naff all 

We've had bigger issues at club than signing and playing Joey Pelupessy.

Odd how Jos, Bruce, Bullen , Monk and Pulis keep him about the first team. 

Do we want better? 

Of course.

We want better in every single position on the park. 

Least he gives his all till (IF) we do. 

More than can be said of some of our "heroes" of the last few year. 

My heart sinks when Pelupessy gets into the starting line up. No way am I a fan of his, but that is a good post and very difficult to argue against in the current climate.

11 minutes ago, owler66 said:

He's not good enough Sheffield Wednesday fans liking crap players then wonder why they've got a crap team

Yer can like someone without thinking they're good enough.

Not sure what fans thinking has got to do wi us transfer policy either.

Reckon if we whinge about Joey enough club'll buy N'Golo Kanté and Pablo Sarabia to stop us mumping?

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, Errol Flashman said:

Yer can like someone without thinking they're good enough.

Not sure what fans thinking has got to do wi us transfer policy either.

Reckon if we whinge about Joey enough club'll buy N'Golo Kanté and Pablo Sarabia to stop us mumping?

Where do you want Sheffield Wednesday to be because players like pelupessy won't get us there 

3 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Where do you want Sheffield Wednesday to be because players like pelupessy won't get us there 

Well, I'd liken us to be int this flight battling for a European spot.

But then I'd also like not to have lost me hair and be a foot taller. 

I can't do owt about any of those 3 things though.

I mean we've brought in tried and tested players who've played in the top division before. Fletcher, Hooper, Forestieri, Boyd, Hutchinson, Jones, Abdi. Urby Emanualson has played for some of the biggest clubs in Europe.

All better than Joey. 

Yet here we are. 

Facing relegation and embargo. 

The situation with Pessy I think is a similar one to when we had Fox.  

Constantly given grief from the very beginning, then slowly starts becoming a good player.  

Fox was a solid Championship left back, and I would have liked to see him stay.  

Pelupessy has definitely improved since Pulis has been at the club.  Yesterdays performance was one of his best games in a Wednesday shirt.  

What used to annoy me with him in the past, he used to sit in front of the backline whilst pointing to other players to get stuck in.  Now he drives forward from the back and he puts the tackle in himself.

The question is now, can he keep up that level of consistency?  

Two, if he can get in on the goals as well, no doubt he will become more of an important player going forward.  

• Like 3