Chansiri new pay structure

36 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Does it matter?  They are still getting paid large amounts of money in one go then get another lump sum.  I'd swap with them,  if they want.

Depends how the players feel about it.

Doesn’t effect me in anyway, just not a great look when you can’t pay your players on time regardless of the reason. 

£7k a month, That’s approx £1,600 per week.

Some pay reduction if you’re on the £25-30k per week scale!!

that’s not the most enticing pay packet for a top end championship quality player fancying a change of scenery in January.

Gonna be a long dark winter...

1 minute ago, onslow said:

£7k a month, That’s approx £1,600 per week.

Some pay reduction if you’re on the £25-30k per week scale!!

that’s not the most enticing pay packet for a top end championship quality player fancying a change of scenery in January.

Gonna be a long dark winter...

Plus their £10,000 a win bonus.

33 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm think I'm going to text my drivers and tell them I will pay them £150 a week, and pay them the rest of their wages some point in the future. 

I know what response I would get back. 

Think they would be delighted as you only pay them £75 at the moment.  Come the revolution gonna find you a wall lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, King_Monkey said:

From what I’m led to believe within football, you’ll find SWFC are doing it right. The EFL have said FFP will be suspended during COVID but given no written guarantees so DC is paying salaries to what the club can sustain so as not to breach FFP and he’s topping up the rest via himself. Apparently others doing the same but because we got done recently SWFC are news worthy where as others are not.

Can't say I'm surprised to see people completely ignoring this post .

• Like 1

Chansiri just needs to be very careful that the outstanding salaries are coming via SWFC company and not directly from him, personally. Chansiri and SWFC (even without taking into consideration any other complications) are legally different entities and so salaries have to be paid by the company/subsidiary that employ the players. If Chansiri is paying them direct then there could be problems but it seems the technical details have been left out of the initial post's commentary. I'm sure he'll be paying money into SWFC/company and players will still be being paid correctly through the right payroll.

Now, why he's having to do that is interesting. Is it just due to Covid, etc or are there other reasons as well? Much that I don't really trust our owner I think it's very likely to just be the former and there really isn't much of a story here - assuming of course he's following the correct financial protocols. Nothing to worry about though, he's never screwed those things up before has he?

:Chansiri:

All us DC doubters keep being told about how we need to have faith in the chairman, how he's loaded, trying to turn things around, learning lots etc...

When news stories like this keep popping up, it is really difficult to keep trying to back the bloke and not fear the worst. 

I stand by what I've said previously, we're on the edge of a very deep and dark hole, and we really need to find a stable bridge across. 

• Like 2

Not good if the players have commitments for the wages they have been made to wait for. It explains why some of them appear not to have their hearts in it when it comes to the crunch. I would seriously be looking for another employer if anything changes with my monthly salary as that is one thing to me that is sacrosanct. 

I hope it’s the impact of COVID-19 that has caused this change and not the fact that the old boy is skint. If he’s running out of cash then we are truly shafted.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

All us DC doubters keep being told about how we need to have faith in the chairman, how he's loaded, trying to turn things around, learning lots etc...

When news stories like this keep popping up, it is really difficult to keep trying to back the bloke and not fear the worst. 

I stand by what I've said previously, we're on the edge of a very deep and dark hole, and we really need to find a stable bridge across. 

There's a very deep dark hole somewhere, but where we currently are in relation to it continues to be unknown. I doubt we're on the edge though.

Part of the problem is that how much money there is behind DC is something we just don't know still, or even how much will there really is to continue to finance this. But it's clear a loss-making venture can't continue down that track indefinitely, and it's also clear that stories like this show there are cash-flow problems even if it's uncertain whether it's to do with the source of the cash or just the way it's put into the club (for now, I suspect it's primarily the latter still).

As for the stable bridge across; there is no stability the way football is now financially apart from for the established Prem clubs (and even that stability is relative). Even an unlikely (as things stand) promotion to the Prem would only bring the possibility of stability, but get a Prem jaunt wrong, and it can also be financially disastrous. Outside the Prem, I'd say there's only one model of stability and that's Brentford—and we're about as far from going down that route as we've ever been.

3 hours ago, whowantstoberich said:

Whats the problem if they are still receiving it? Another non story, bored journo

How would that show in accounts though? as a total or part payment from the Club?..wouldnt that effect the Clubs official outgoings?