Chansiri new pay structure

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I love comments like this!

I can just imagine the queue of top-calibre Championship players itching to sign on the dotted line for that kind of deal in January.

:duntmatter:

If there mindset is that of a winner they would sign.

If not they won’t. Win win pal

I have never heard of anything as bizarre as that. It’s actually terrible to be honest. 
It’s ok to say they are still getting paid but it isn’t professional at all and would put many players off from coming. 
As per others though it does make you choke how much footballers get paid. 
Our squad is really bang average at best and loads of them are on well north of £370k per year. Well over triple what a surgeon gets!

Amazing really. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Has anyone considered if this is true or not?

Where has it come from. Not saying it isn't but twitter shouldn't be taken as gospel.

I think Hutchinson said it was true in his last interview, wages weren’t paid in full. It’s popped up a few times now so there’ll be something behind it I reckon.

Just now, CircleSeven said:

I have never heard of anything as bizarre as that. It’s actually terrible to be honest. 
It’s ok to say they are still getting paid but it isn’t professional at all and would put many players off from coming. 
As per others though it does make you choke how much footballers get paid. 
Our squad is really bang average at best and loads of them are on well north of £370k per year. Well over triple what a surgeon gets!

Amazing really. 

Well this is the thing. It’s not professional at all. 

• Like 2

From what I’m led to believe within football, you’ll find SWFC are doing it right. The EFL have said FFP will be suspended during COVID but given no written guarantees so DC is paying salaries to what the club can sustain so as not to breach FFP and he’s topping up the rest via himself. Apparently others doing the same but because we got done recently SWFC are news worthy where as others are not.

Edited by King_Monkey
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think Hutchinson said it was true in his last interview, wages weren’t paid in full. It’s popped up a few times now so there’ll be something behind it I reckon.

Think you will find that was a one off due to a bank problem and simply a late payment.

Guest Therealrealist

did they ever end up taking a bit of a pay cut when 5he pandemic first kicked in?. There wer a few musings but it all went quiet on that front..

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, keepitsteel89 said:

ThaiUnionGroupPLC.png.d43de73fd3ce34131b8a88c16cf0453c.png

Not a great look that

Surprised at that..surely more people have been eating tuna during the lockdown🥴

There's all sorts of weird things regarding players wages. Rooney was/is being partly paid by a betting firm, how bent is that ? Also some players get paid a minimal ammount by thier clubs then the club pays an offshore company who then pays the players. All to avoid tax. If there's a way, lawyers and accountants will find it. It's a mirky world that the ordinary man isn't party to. So nothing surprises me. I'm sure if they weren't getting their pay we'd soon know.

So when the clubs support staff are furloughed & DC makes up their wages from his own pocket he gets praised.

When the club only pays the players what the club can afford in the current financial climate but makes up the rest from his own pocket he gets criticised.  

DC deserves criticism on many issues since his arrival, keeping the club afloat with his own money during a pandemic with no income isn't one of them.

On another note I wish my bosses said to me "You've been under performing for the last year, we're only going to pay you £7000 per week, don't worry you'll get the rest later".

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I wonder if it's something he's doing to reduce the wage bill at the club. I'm just flying a kite here, I've no idea if it's true or even possible.

Pay the players £7K per month and then top it up with image rights payments from D Taxis and Elev8. The cut the wage bill instantly and hey presto we are now the right side of P and S.