Chansiri new pay structure

6 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Is this DC trying another tactic to get away from ffp?  Almost like club are paying part of wage and DC personally paying rest...  Really strange if true.

If that’s what’s happening then the club should simply owe Chansiri yet more cash. Shouldn’t affect FFP one bit. 

6 hours ago, Grandad said:

Hard to imagine why players expecting £80k a month and getting less than 10% of that might be a tad demotivated

If the players have been getting less than 10% pay for the last 4 months then somehow I think we would know about it and there would be more of a fuss kicked up than any perceived demotivation. 

It seems strange and another issue that causes concern but I think they will be getting paid their salaries in full in some form that they have agreed to otherwise it would have created more issues and news by now.

16 hours ago, King_Monkey said:

From what I’m led to believe within football, you’ll find SWFC are doing it right. The EFL have said FFP will be suspended during COVID but given no written guarantees so DC is paying salaries to what the club can sustain so as not to breach FFP and he’s topping up the rest via himself. Apparently others doing the same but because we got done recently SWFC are news worthy where as others are not.

There are a handful of posters on this site that I take notice of. This is one of them. 

If the club is paying 7k per month and the rest is being topped up then they're getting their full pay every month. It could be getting topped up the day after, it could be the same day but hours after, it could be mid way through. It doesn't matter when it happens, it's still that month. I'm sure tax and NI etc are still being accounted for and paid and nothing illegal is going on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

There are a handful of posters on this site that I take notice of. This is one of them. 

If the club is paying 7k per month and the rest is being topped up then they're getting their full pay every month. It could be getting topped up the day after, it could be the same day but hours after, it could be mid way through. It doesn't matter when it happens, it's still that month. I'm sure tax and NI etc are still being accounted for and paid and nothing illegal is going on. 

Why not just pay them as normal then?

Owlstalk Shop

And - as is always the case - a few folks desperate to tell us that everything is normal and that it's fine do to this but we all know full well what would happen if THEY THEMSELVES got paid late like this (clue - there's no way on planet earth they'd be saying 'yeah that's totally fine Mr Bossman sir')

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I'm just trying to imagine what would happen if I got paid 20% of my salary from an account called "StudentOwl's work payroll" on the last day of the month, then the first day of the month I got the remaining pay from an account called "StudentOwl's boss' boss' boss".

Based on my limited understanding of pay, tax, NI and actual insurance etc... think it would be a criminal investigation of some description.

So either 

-The story is false, and all pay comes direct from the club's usual means of payment. 

-The story is true. Some (or most) pay is delayed by a period of at least a few hours... potentially a few weeks... however it comes from the usual means of payment and account. At which point, why delay it at all? Screams of a cashflow problem that shouldn't exist.

-The story is true, and DC is committing what can only be described as an illegal act and FFP breaches would be the least of our worries.

IF this story is true, anyon arguing from a proint of "it's true BUT" is reaking of

giphy.gif

And anyone pretending otherwise is chatting turd.

The only position one can really come out and sincerely argue that this is fine are those that want to argue the story is simply not true. And yeah, fair enough then... but anyone that thinks this is true can't seriously be sitting there and having anything other than alarm bells ringing again.