To those who think we'll be fine this season

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sooooooooo many fans hanging their hats on 'January'

Soooooo many

This is the problem mate. I just cannot see us having money to spend in January, at least not the kind of money we will need to sign a couple of proven goalscorers. Like I said in an earlier post, in our position we cannot go signing young lads on loan from Prem clubs, but proven scorers don't come cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Could you even being to imagine/explain exactly how that would work in real life though in terms of the EFL communicating to all the refs to cheat in order to make sure we don't win games?

How would it work?

I’m not saying refs are cheating but some strange decisions have been against us don’t you think?

• Haha 1

Just now, William 1867 said:

I’m not saying refs are cheating but some strange decisions have been against us don’t you think?

Just a few poor ones - but all teams get that

Don't for one second believe it's part of any big EFL conspiracy or agreement between referee's to make the decisions against us though

I do however 100% believe our fans are hypersensitive to any decisions from referees and are using them as excuses now every single game.

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Wot ever we all think of dc one thing he can’t be faulted for is backing the manager financially? He has always tried to do his best in that respect? None of know exactly how much pulis will have to spend ! I have no doubt there are funds there but how much well soon see. Since the play off loss to hudds we haven’t really spent a great deal? Van aken rumered 4 m pelepoop 500k iorfa 250k loungo 1m ish? Not a great deal in terms of fees? Know wages been an issue but he’ll of a lot gone last 12/18 month ? I’m sure we’ll have enough for quality loans at least?

49 minutes ago, Manwë said:

If you take away the two defeats, we haven't lost a game under Pulis.

Also, if we scored more goals then we'd have won some games too.  That would make it: 

P5, W5 D0 L0.

Can't believe some so-called Wednesday fans are arguing against such success.

Tbf though, you thought Garry Monk was a good manager, so you ridiculing people who like Pulis is flipping hilarious. 

I'm not even a big Pulis fan, but still. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Onge said:

How are you so confident?

We're not winning.

We're not scoring.

We're 4 points from safety.

It's unlikely we'll be able to bring in much quality in the transfer window considering our budget and league position.

I want to be reassured that performances have improved. I want to believe Pulis's record of never being relegated is a good omen. But if being a Wednesday fan has taught me anything it is to never to expect good things from this club.

If you're certain we'll be alright this season help convince me. I want to believe, but just can't see how at the moment...

I think myself we are in real trouble......starting to dawn on TP as well....I do have some faith in him,there were some good improvement in the team Sat,but worryingly couldn't sustain for the 90 minutes.

If TP set them up to defend straight away if they took the lead,than i believe that was a tactical mistake.if he continues in that vein with this squad,i feel similar will happen.(and multiple drawn or lost matchs)

22 minutes ago, Django said:

DC will have to bring in some quality in January. Not adding to the current squad will mean relegation 

We need 2 strikers and a left back then we’ll be fine 

GK?.VA?.PP?..you would continue with them?....because with injurys suspensions, without replacing we might have to....Tom Lee's?..

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

We are in real trouble in my opinion and January wont save us. It will be a couple of freebies at best.

We need to work out how to get points with these players. Relying on signings in the transfer window to keep us up is a recipe for disaster.

Luhukay couldn't,Bullen couldn't,Bruce didn't hang around long enough to find out(12th place finish) monk couldn't,now step up TP........The obvious common denominator in this is the players.....   & allegedly the Club itself...(????)  

TP will have earned his wages 10 times over if he can keep us up,though i am now fearing it will depend on other Clubs poor results to give us a fighting chance.

Unknown if we can bring in the type/quantity of player required in Jan....................Will it be a couple of 'loans'? 

we dont have long to wait eh?

19 minutes ago, parajack said:

Luhukay couldn't,Bullen couldn't,Bruce didn't hang around long enough to find out(12th place finish) monk couldn't,now step up TP........The obvious common denominator in this is the players.....   & allegedly the Club itself...(????)  

TP will have earned his wages 10 times over if he can keep us up,though i am now fearing it will depend on other Clubs poor results to give us a fighting chance.

Unknown if we can bring in the type/quantity of player required in Jan....................Will it be a couple of 'loans'? 

Yep, the players are the common denominator. 

Thing is, we now have zero game changers in the squad, whether that be a Fletcher, Forestieri or even the big fella. All three of them (plus others), on their day, had the ability to swing a game in our favour. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigger Guns said:

Can you send me a link to where our budget has been published?

And what makes you think players will want to come even if we do have a budget?

That’s up there with the most stupid reply of the day. 

29 minutes ago, parajack said:

Perhaps the relevant question then is who is bringing the players in.

The squad under Lukhay was very different to the one we have now and we've actually got worse. 

For whatever reason we are not bringing the right players into the club.

Yes our budget isnt what it used to be but plenty of clubs with similar budgets have recruited much better than us over the last few seasons.

Here’s my take on things.

Leaving aside the 6 pt deduction for a minute, we’ve won 15 points from 16 games, which is basically relegation form or thereabouts.

Factoring in the 6 point deduction now which we’ve got to make up, it seems pretty clear that we need a significant improvement in performance - and results - if we’re going to get out of this mess.

Do we currently have the players at the club to do this - very doubtful IMHO ?

Will we be able to bring the players in in January to see us to safety - I’m not sure ?. Other clubs will also be looking to strengthen as well, so we’ll be competing against them for available personnel.

Whatever your views are, undoubtedly there’s a tough challenge ahead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s up there with the most stupid reply of the day. 

How is it? How do you know we have a budget and that’s part of the reason pulis agreed to come? Were you hiding in the cupboard when he had his interview?

It must have escaped your notice that we started the season on -12 for breaching FFP. I think it’s naive to think we will have a decent budget to bring in players not least because of FFP but we also have no income at the minute with no fans. 

And like I said - even if we did have a budget no decent player will want to come when we are playing catch up and there’s a very realistic chance we will be relegated.

Best we can hope for is cast offs and trying to unearth a gem from lower leagues or abroad. 

Get your head out the sand pal. It was far from a stupid reply

Just like to say to all those blaming the players.... We brought in almost half a squad In the summer I said almost all were crap. You slagged me off and now it's the players fault. So we got rid of players the dead wood and it's still the players. Monk couldn't man manage but Pulis can it's obvious he's totally different and good at that. The PROBLEM is he is obsessed with defending like we can't defend.  We CAN but when you don't score enough goals you don't keep pressure away from your goal or finish teams off. So the pressure means we can mess up just like Norwich. Right now there are crap teams around us (which is what I said before we got Pulis) unfortunately there is a growing gap above which is getting closer to us. Which will seal us Wycombe and possibly  Derby or Rotherham by the looks if one of us jumps out. So Pulis being over defensive is getting draws, his inability to focus on goal and seeing that with out relentless pressure  our defence is okay. We have one of the lowest goals conceded and did even with monk. Basically he needs to change his habit of his lifetime to keep us up.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, parajack said:

GK?.VA?.PP?..you would continue with them?....because with injurys suspensions, without replacing we might have to....Tom Lee's?..

I don’t think anyone’s expecting promotion form from January onwards. Just enough to stay up

We have Flint and Dunkley to come back in January 

I think a lot of fans accept we are in danger of relegation. Despite that we look better now in many aspects, work rate, organisation, shape and that might be enough to get us a few wins against average to poor sides. That might be enough to avoisd relegation but it will be a close run thing.

If we want to improve our chances of staying in the division we need a proper strike force. If we can get the right player/players we should be ok. So it all depends on the players we bring in, how many and if they can stay injury free. Other big factors will be how early in the window we get them and if they can hit the ground running.

None of us know what funds are available so we are in a position of hoping it is enough or that Pulis can use his contacts to get us decent loans to tide us over.

Jack Charlton came to Hillsboro Oct 1977.  Nov 1978 we were bottom of div 3 and five points off safety.  

It won't happen overnight with Pulis. We need two forwards and a keeper.

Pulis will turn us round if he's given time. We were the equals of Norwich for 80 minutes yesterday.  As Pulis says, they  just need confidence to see games out. They've got used to losing.

We should have got rid of Monk after the 0-5 at Brentford.