To those who think we'll be fine this season

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Well,  hardly any shots is a bit unfair, we played well yesterday.  Had Klopp been in charge of that performance I think there’d be more people excited about the improvement that’s been made. 

But anyway,  I feel there should be some allowance for Pulis to have time to bed in. Monk had over a year with us and two transfer windows.  Yet Pulis is meant to get better results after 3 weeks in the job? I feel that is a little harsh.

As I say if we don’t get more goals and points in the next 6 games I will be more disappointed than I am so far.  As Pulis will of had more time with the group and played against teams with weaker players 

I will support pulis 100 percent as I did monk.  He can have as much time as he thinks he needs. Am I worried about our collapse in form since he took over and the fact we are at the bottom of the league ? I have to say I am, but he will always have my support even if this horrendous run extends to 10, 20 games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I think China owl is right 

we have finished mia table the last three seasons under what appear to be much less experienced and successful managers like Carlos, jos, Bruce and Garry monk. 

the team is pretty much the same as the team that was fine to finish mid table in those three seasons . Westwood, Lees, Palmer , iorfa , borner, Bannan, Harris, reach , Rhodes etc- plus we have added players to who are scoring goals this week like Windass and Paterson.

We lost our top three scorers from last season in the summer, who netted 28 league goals between them, accounting for 49% of our goals scored.

We haven't replaced their goals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Onge said:

How are you so confident?

We're not winning.

We're not scoring.

We're 4 points from safety.

It's unlikely we'll be able to bring in much quality in the transfer window considering our budget and league position.

I want to be reassured that performances have improved. I want to believe Pulis's record of never being relegated is a good omen. But if being a Wednesday fan has taught me anything it is to never to expect good things from this club.

If you're certain we'll be alright this season help convince me. I want to believe, but just can't see how at the moment...

It is gonna be tough good job we were given 6 points back or I think we would be fooked,its gonna be tight...

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We lost our top three scorers from last season in the summer, who netted 28 league goals between them, accounting for 49% of our goals scored.

We haven't replaced their goals.

Very good point.

Maybe we would have been better buying a goal scorer instead of spending so much money on manager changes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Onge said:

We're not winning.

We're not scoring.

It's unlikely we'll be able to bring in much quality in the transfer window considering our budget and league position.

I want to be reassured that performances have improved. I want to believe Pulis's record of never being relegated is a good omen. But if being a Wednesday fan has taught me anything it is to never to expect good things from this club.

If you're certain we'll be alright this season help convince me. I want to believe, but just can't see how at the moment...

We will stay up, we are in safe hands.

Trust in Pulis.

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Very good point.

Maybe we would have been better buying a goal scorer instead of spending so much money on manager changes. 

No doubt our inability to sign a proven goalscorer in the summer has severely hampered our prospects for the season.

Whether or not Chansiri is able to loosen the purse strings a little more now that there's clarity regarding the EFL case and which season the ground sale counts towards for P&S, remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Onge said:

We're not winning.

We're not scoring.

With 90 points to play for.

I will begin to worry if we are still 4pts off safety with 4 games to go..

We could have won the last 3 games and , I believe, we are only 2 players away from a good team. goal scorers.

I have never seen a team/club relegated yet in December.

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sooooooooo many fans hanging their hats on 'January'

Soooooo many

Given that many probably share your assessment of our current squad, it's understandable that fans are hoping the club are able to pull a few rabbits out of the hat in the transfer market, isn't it?

On 21/11/2020 at 17:30, @owlstalk said:

It's the worst Championship squad we have ever assembled in our entire history

I'm being deadly serious too

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Given that many probably share your assessment of our current squad, it's understandable that fans are hoping the club are able to pull a few rabbits out of the hat in the transfer market, isn't it

It is - but my point is that they're also excusing poor results in the meantime.

This not only means our win rate will need to be promotion form after January, but also puts massive pressure on this January window.

We don't know how much business we are permitted to do in January, we dont' know if any other teams will take our players off our hands, and we don't know if we'll be able to secure any new players coming in.

It's all getting a bit too dependent on January, when previously we were told that managers should be able to man-manage this squad to success

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

With 90 points to play for.

I will begin to worry if we are still 4pts off safety with 4 games to go..

We could have won the last 3 games and , I believe, we are only 2 players away from a good team. goal scorers.

I have never seen a team/club relegated yet in December.

It looks a lot mate, but how many sides in the division do actually achieve a 40% win rate that might be needed? Not many, probably just the reams at the top

I think watching how we are playing at the moment, the signs are much better than Monk in all honesty. Players being played where they should be etc. The biggest problem we have is there is hardly any goals in the team, non of the players are taking responsibility for this and this isnt Pulis fault, Monk signed the dross forwards. So we have looked organised and even created a few chances, but we don't have the quality to finish the chances off.

One thing people forget is Pulis is experienced and has connections in the game just like Bruce did, so I'm confident of at least signing a decent loan striker in January.

One thing that did sorry me yesterday though was Pulis subs, Windass for Palmer was a shocker and that is the reason we lost that game, we invited pressure and had little outlet upfront to ease the pressure. Then add to that it didn't shore up our defence either even though we had 6 defenders on. But I suppose ATM he's working with what he's got. I think the next few games will be more telling.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It is - but my point is that they're also excusing poor results in the meantime.

This not only means our win rate will need to be promotion form after January, but also puts massive pressure on this January window.

We don't know how much business we are permitted to do in January, we dont' know if any other teams will take our players off our hands, and we don't know if we'll be able to secure any new players coming in.

It's all getting a bit too dependent on January, when previously we were told that managers should be able to man-manage this squad to success

The reality is that only one striker currently on the books has ever scored a significant number of goals in his career and that was a long time ago now. If the quality of crosses seen in the last couple of games could be produced on a consistent basis, there will be several good goal scoring opportunities created. I would love to have seen Fletcher, even Nuhiu on the end of that kind of cross. Adequate replacements for such players is going to be critical and January provides that opportunity.

This way of playing is predicated on having plenty of pace up front, otherwise a team gets compressed.

We looked fine yesterday until Windass left the field.

And bearing in mind that we were up against top of the league away from home, I'm not sure that any of our managers since Chansiri arrived would have won that fixture, irrespective of the strength of our team.

Carlos didn't tend to win those sort of fixtures even though we had a much stronger team on the pitch.

IMO all Pulis has done is work with what he can currently work with, namely the defensive aspects of our game.

We'll have to see how Pulis performs when he has pace and/or plays weaker opposition.

If he can't deliver then the critics will have been proved correct and I for one will hold my hand up.

• Like 1