To those who think we'll be fine this season

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Tbf though, you thought Garry Monk was a good manager, so you ridiculing people who like Pulis is flipping hilarious. 

I'm not even a big Pulis fan, but still. 

I don't think Monk is a good manager, so you're wrong.

People saying strikers don’t come cheap. I imagine Trusson will be having a good look at players perhaps in L1 nearing the end of their contracts who could step up. Rotherham signed Ladapo for 100k I think and he’s doing ok in this league. Wouldnt be surprised if Trusson takes a look at the likes of Jephcott at Plymouth either. We really don’t need to be looking at Championship strikers who aren’t wanted by their clubs and might cost a fortune in wages. Trusson's job is to unearth somebody who might actually come and do a job for several seasons, not just somebody who wants a last big payday.  

14 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

People saying strikers don’t come cheap. I imagine Trusson will be having a good look at players perhaps in L1 nearing the end of their contracts who could step up. Rotherham signed Ladapo for 100k I think and he’s doing ok in this league. Wouldnt be surprised if Trusson takes a look at the likes of Jephcott at Plymouth either. We really don’t need to be looking at Championship strikers who aren’t wanted by their clubs and might cost a fortune in wages. Trusson's job is to unearth somebody who might actually come and do a job for several seasons, not just somebody who wants a last big payday.  

Probably where the Piggott link came from 

Don’t think Pullis fully appreciated how poor a squad he was inheriting. That can’t be an excuse though as he took the job on and no doubt is getting paid very nicely.

I’m certain he doesn’t want a relegation on his record and sure he will have had some assurances from Chansiri that he will be backed in the transfer window (for what they are worth)

Can he get his own players in? Will the quality we need want to come? Can we afford it!

So many questions, but remember what is invariably true - bottom 3 at Christmas, relegated in May!

1 minute ago, GMOwl72 said:

So many questions, but remember what is invariably true - bottom 3 at Christmas, relegated in May!

With this season kicking off late, is this still relevant? How many games would normally be played before Christmas vs how many will be played this season?

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Jack Charlton came to Hillsboro Oct 1977.  Nov 1978 we were bottom of div 3 and five points off safety.  

It won't happen overnight with Pulis. We need two forwards and a keeper.

Pulis will turn us round if he's given time. We were the equals of Norwich for 80 minutes yesterday.  As Pulis says, they  just need confidence to see games out. They've got used to losing.

We should have got rid of Monk after the 0-5 at Brentford.  

Again monk wasnt on the pitch,any more than TP was yesterday....

Pulis will keep us up imo.

Pulis has never been relegated as manager, can't see that changing anytime soon.  

You can clearly see that we have been making improvements on the pitch.  More organised, we are playing more like a team again.  

To be fair, at times we have more than held our own against some of the best teams in the division.  

Norwich top of the league.  Reading joint second. Swansea in 4th place and Stoke sat in 5th place.  

That was a horrendous set of fixtures in consecutive games, mostly away from home and some played with 10 men.

I don't think we have done too badly under the circumstances.  

We clearly lack quality in certain areas , there is no denying that.  

The January window will be important.  I really can't see us waiting too long before players come in.

There are some very winnable games coming up this month.  

A couple of wins on the bounce and things will start to look brighter.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The greatest thing Pulis has done is to tell fans January is coming and we can turn it round there.

That puts the greatest pressure on the chairman to go nuts and do a SPENDAGEDDON

If it doesn't happen fans will be frustrated/angry at Chansiri and not Pulis

And if we go down Pulis can point to not being backed in January

And our fans will lap that up 100% - they're already saying we just need to get through to the transfer window, without knowing if we can even do any business at that point etc

It's the perfect win/win for Pulis - He's set it up perfectly

Surely he would have requested this prior to signing?

So its got to happen

10 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

He's probably he best manager we could have hoped for with our current position.

My fear us that the squad is just simply not good enough

The squad is better, or as good as at least 7 or 8 in this division. However, it’s just so imbalanced, with, most importantly, no strikers