To those who think we'll be fine this season

We’ll be fine this season because we have a good championship manager and an average championship squad. There are worse clubs than us. Pulis is starting to get the performances he wants, this will continue. 
Looking at Pulis’ previous situations he will have received assurances from DC as to what’s possible in January. Pulis is a shrewd operator and will attract his type of player to the club. 

17 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

football supporters in backing their new manager shocker? Next we’ll see fans at games applauding league 1 standard players.  World has gone very mad 

We all want him to do well. It’s not the backing it’s the utter confidence that he heralds a new dawn at Hillsborough. Mid-table this season. Promotion next. Exciting direct football.

Precisely what didn’t happen at Boro. 

If you take away the two defeats, we haven't lost a game under Pulis.

Also, if we scored more goals then we'd have won some games too.  That would make it: 

P5, W5 D0 L0.

Can't believe some so-called Wednesday fans are arguing against such success.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I do wish people could just make their points and discuss the topics rather than drop in little fanbashing digs and attacks

It's perfectly normal to discuss and debate things, to have concerns, to look at what could be better

It's not being 'fragile' or 'flouncing' - it's perfectly normal

Really?

• Like 1

I totally agree with the views that we are putting a lot of emphasis on January and the likelihood that we might not be as active or recruit as successfully as we need to.

That’s why what we are seeing at the moment is important. Pulis getting some solidity and organisation in to the current crop of players. I think even though results might not suggest this but I think we have improved in many basic aspects of our play in a short space of time. We should only continue to improve in this regard and when we do so will results.

If one thing is crystal clear from yesterday and the season so far, keeping Luongo fit and available is absolutely crucial to our survival chances. 5 of our 7 defeats have happened when he’s been unavailable.

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

The -6 has us bottom 3. We’d be out otherwise. Imagine if the appeal had failed!

The EFL knew what they were doing, give em -12, knowing it wouldn't stick.

If we had got the -6 as now shown correct we wouldn't be starting this season with any penalty at all.

If we go down with 6pts short or less De Marco might be in for some more wages.

Don't think it will matter in the end, prob go down 8pts short. 😪

7 minutes ago, Manwë said:

If you take away the two defeats, we haven't lost a game under Pulis.

Also, if we scored more goals then we'd have won some games too.  That would make it: 

P5, W5 D0 L0.

Can't believe some so-called Wednesday fans are arguing against such success.

Agreed barbaric behaviour 

More organised 

More drilled 

grinding out the wins 

high press 

Pulis is doing everything Monk couldn’t do 

And the people who made their mind up on Pulis before he came hate to see it 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I totally agree with the views that we are putting a lot of emphasis on January and the likelihood that we might not be as active or recruit as successfully as we need to.

That’s why what we are seeing at the moment is important. Pulis getting some solidity and organisation in to the current crop of players. I think even though results might not suggest this but I think we have improved in many basic aspects of our play in a short space of time. We should only continue to improve in this regard and when we do so will results.

If one thing is crystal clear from yesterday and the season so far, keeping Luongo fit and available is absolutely crucial to our survival chances. 5 of our 7 defeats have happened when he’s been unavailable.

True re Luongo Jim

But how do we keep him fit?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We all want him to do well. It’s not the backing it’s the utter confidence that he heralds a new dawn at Hillsborough. Mid-table this season. Promotion next. Exciting direct football.

Precisely what didn’t happen at Boro. 

I haven’t seen anyone expecting exciting football under Pulis?

And at Boro he took a 9th placed side to finish in the playoffs,  and then the next season was in the playoffs all season until the last 6 games.  Not really a massive disaster. 

Thats not talking about all the achievements he’s had at every single other club he’s managed.  

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist

Whoever comes in January are goin* to d3mand massive wages...I can see nowt happening..TP gets reyt Mardy and the season drifts to the inevitable conclusion

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True re Luongo Jim

But how do we keep him fit?

Luongo will only play about half the remaining games...we don’t want to be pinnin our hopes on him..believe you me

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Which of these imminently returning injured players are actually going to make a difference? Waiting for something that may, or may not happen in January, is a huge risk, given our performances under Pulis so far. We brought him in because he was an experienced manager who we presumed would get more out of these players than most would, but so far he hasn’t  It seems to me, it’s all about what he might do, rather than what he is doing now

In a Pulis side you’d expect Flint and Dunkley along with Iorfa to be quite key.

Those three with Luongo, Shaw and Windass in the team consistently and possibly a couple of physical strikers and we will be awkward to play against 

2 hours ago, modboy said:

Bonus of being down low is a few wins and you pull clear unlike the promotion places where everyone keeps winning every week 

Very true. if we'd held out yesterday the table would have looked rather different.

Even so, 4 points from safety with two thirds of the season to go is hardly panic territory.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I haven’t seen anyone expecting exciting football under Pulis?

And at Boro he took a 9th placed side to finish in the playoffs,  and then the next season was in the playoffs all season until the last 6 games.  Not really a massive disaster. 

Thats not talking about all the achievements he’s had at every single other club he’s managed.  

When he came in people talked about direct football like early Wilko. I’m not talking about him being a disaster. He’s not the Messiah either. That’s all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Because we’ve got a very experienced manager who knows how to keep teams up, injured players coming back and a budget for January that will have been part of why Pulis agreed to come. 

Agee with all of that but what worries me is has the EFL really got it in for us. Some of the decisions by refs is a major concern.

Even so full confidence in Tone.

I know a lot on here disagree but really think we would be better off if we still had Hutch and Atty.

UTO

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s played over 30 games in 6 of the last 7 seasons 

Luongo has never had injury problems in his career, until he came here of course. 
I hope he plays more but was surprised and delighted in a surreal kind of way to see Iorfa filling in for him yesterday quite effectively I thought. 

Just now, William 1867 said:

Agee with all of that but what worries me is has the EFL really got it in for us. Some of the decisions by refs is a major concern. 

Could you even being to imagine/explain exactly how that would work in real life though in terms of the EFL communicating to all the refs to cheat in order to make sure we don't win games?

How would it work?

Owlstalk Shop