To those who think we'll be fine this season

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We only had a 6 point deficit to make up, any half decent manager would be able to overcome that

how does hes do that with no strikers ?......you'll get no where without goals 

Just now, gurujuan said:

The squad is better, or as good as at least 7 or 8 in this division. However, it’s just so imbalanced, with, most importantly, no strikers

how can it be as good or better if we have no strikers ........you'll get nowhere without goals . 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

how does hes do that with no strikers ?......you'll get no where without goals 

how can it be as good or better if we have no strikers ........you'll get nowhere without goals . 

Tell me about it, I was one of the few to bang on about it, while most seemed more than happy with our summer signings Failure to bring in proper strikers, has hindered us massively. As you say, we won’t win matches without scoring goals, so we have to look to score goals from other areas. It’s not ideal, but if we limit ourselves to just counter attacking, we are unlikely to get enough bodies in the box

I think Pulis knew when he took over how poor the squad was. He wouldn't have took over in those circumstances if he didnt have any money to spend in January.

I think it far from guaranteed we will stay up. Even with a couple of decent players incoming it's going to be a long slog.

Also I have seen a few people saying Pulis has never been relegated. I dont think that is 100% true as he was in charge of first part of season WBA went down.

On 06/12/2020 at 09:08, vulva said:

Because we’ve got a very experienced manager who knows how to keep teams up, injured players coming back and a budget for January that will have been part of why Pulis agreed to come. 

This.

Plus we have just play 4 sides who will most likely be in the top 6, where as we are a bottom 6 side. Should Pulis have come in with the Rotherham Wycombe Luton fixtures that we had i suspect we would have won a couple of games. 

We dont have a striker, our recruitment and squad management have been woeful. We are in a massive mess. There is no way we wont be strengthening come January and we should have enough to stay up. Where we go from there is my issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This.

Plus we have just play 4 sides who will most likely be in the top 6, where as we are a bottom 6 side. Should Pulis have come in with the Rotherham Wycombe Luton fixtures that we had i suspect we would have won a couple of games. 

We dont have a striker, our recruitment and squad management have been woeful. We are in a massive mess. There is no way we wont be strengthening come January and we should have enough to stay up. Where we go from there is my issue.

"And the balls are too round, and the grass is too green, and the wind keeps blowing across the pitch when we're trying to play, and the opponents keep kicking the ball into our net" etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

"And the balls are too round, and the grass is too green, and the wind keeps blowing across the pitch when we're trying to play, and the opponents keep kicking the ball into our net" etc etc

Sorry you seem to have missed my point, we managed to play well and deserved more points that what we have despite the above.

This is a positive post. We have been destroyed as a club by the previous manager. We now have to rebuild

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This.

We played top teams this season under monk - Bournemouth, Watford and Brentford  - the play off finalists of last season, and two teams that were in the premier league last season. Got 4 points out of those games.

what’s changed ? 

This.

I’m not sure we would have won a couple of those games, maybe a draw or two We are ill equipped to win football matches, even with Pulis’s renowned tactical organisation. It’s clear what we need to do in January, but quite frankly, that has been the case every window post Wembley. Our future as a championship club, plus Pulis’s record of having never been relegated, are dependent on us getting this window right. History suggests.my lack of optimism is well founded

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This.

Where are these strikers going to come from in January? Decent strikers cost big money and it seems highly unlikely we have millions to spend on transfer fees.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

History suggests.my lack of optimism is well founded

Literally the truest statement ever written on Owlstalk!

Needless to say I shall be ignoring it and assuming we will be signing a 30 goal a season strike who will hit the ground running in game one on a free transfer with low wages in Jan!

• Like 1

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

Where are these strikers going to come from in January? Decent strikers cost big money and it seems highly unlikely we have millions to spend on transfer fees.

I think well have more money than people think. Pulis seems confident he will get quality in so im assuming he has some clarification from the chairman he will be backed. Im not talking about 10 million rhodes prices but enough to get a couple that will score enough to keep us up 

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I'd imagine they'd want assurances they were going to get paid in full on time each month too

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think well have more money than people think. Pulis seems confident he will get quality in so im assuming he has some clarification from the chairman he will be backed. Im not talking about 10 million rhodes prices but enough to get a couple that will score enough to keep us up 

Well let's hope you are right. Even if we have money clubs wont want to let starting strikers leave so it will no doubt be reserve team players who cant get a game that we would be looking at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

Well let's hope you are right. Even if we have money clubs wont want to let starting strikers leave so it will no doubt be reserve team players who cant get a game that we would be looking at.

As long as they are strikers, and whichever ones we bring in, are well matched as a pair, it will at least give us a focal point

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Nixon piece over weekend suggested we are limited to loans and frees only.   That makes sense given we were limited to cheap players in the summer as well.

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Nixon piece over weekend suggested we are limited to loans and frees only.   That makes sense given we were limited to cheap players in the summer as well.

It does make sense but like i say i just see a confidence in Pulis when he speaks about bringing in quality. He knows it wont be cheap yet he thinks well get it. Doesnt suggest free transfers to me. 

It does make sense but like i say i just see a confidence in Pulis when he speaks about bringing in quality. He knows it wont be cheap yet he thinks well get it. Doesnt suggest free transfers to me. 

If I was rifling in goals this season, I'm not sure I'd be tempted to sign for the Championships bottom club who, under the new manager, create very few chances.  We will see of course.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd imagine they'd want assurances they were going to get paid in full on time each month too

This is going to be where the brow stuff hits the fan. The revelation about our ‘unorthodox’ payment methods will quite possibly (probably) bite us on the arse!