Who will the club appoint now Garry Monk has gone?

22 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I would go a step further and bring in Ryan Lowe as his assistant.  Pearson sorts us out short term then becomes Director of Football, with Lowe moving up to Head Coach.

Perfect scenario. Would love that to happen

• Like 1

Maybe Lowe gave those praising words out because he knew something?

No matter what, what the team needs is a strong character. It's not an easy job and there are very few candidates unless we are finally going to sign someone who is already under contract elsewhere.

Considering our situation, this could not have happened much later. Now there's time to assess the squad before the next transfer window.

feels like this year is an interim year where we just need to survive... see how many points behind barnsley and rotherham we are already etc

Maybe an experienced head coach with an assistant ready to take over the reigns next season etc would be the way forward?

2 hours ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

One name that hasn’t been mentioned is Sean Dyche. Highlight unlikely I know but it’s obvious he’s falling out with his Chairman and could either walk or talk himself out of a job shortly. I’d hope the club would at least make contact and see?

Dyche sounds as unlikely as Jose Mourinho, but some reliable posters on here noted how he actually might be up for the challenge. Then again, perhaps I remember it wrong 🤔

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You've clearly never watched his brand of football

It's like Jos and Monk had a baby twice as powerful as they were with the negative vibes

I have watched his teams play plenty and agree not pretty stuff but without knowing stats I’ve always thought he is a get the job done type of manager which I think is what we need right now the pretty stuff could wait 

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

I would go a step further and bring in Ryan Lowe as his assistant.  Pearson sorts us out short term then becomes Director of Football, with Lowe moving up to Head Coach.

I have to admit I don't know much about Lowe. Just think Pearson would help us get our identity back and moving in the same direction. Forward. 

Like I say, well be lucky to get him. I may be dreaming, he may be well out of our league. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You've clearly never watched his brand of football

It's like Jos and Monk had a baby twice as powerful as they were with the negative vibes

But didn't Monk set up for hoofball?

Not getting Zahore was massive blow for him.

Surely, Neville's the stalking horse after that disaster in Spain and with ladies.