Who will the club appoint now Garry Monk has gone?

Not going through all the pages but surprised Roy Keane hasn’t had more of a mention 

did well with Sunderland and got them up despite losing the first 5 games of the season 

kept Ipswich in the division repeatedly with little or no money 

I know he’s a bit like marmite but would at least put a rocket up a few of the players 

7 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Good post

Get off the merry go round and either get someone who has experience of getting out of this division or someone who is going to revolutionalise us and bring a completely different style. 

and the timing is right to do that.  We have cleared the decks, the wage bill is under control and more big earners gone by next summer.  If ever there was an opportunity to build something it is right now. If it isn't going to be pearson then I am all for a continental coach with a good track record and a distinct, positive style of football.

7 hours ago, Caicos Owl said:

Lee Johnson - can feel it in me water - may need to visit the chemist.

At least he plays better football than Monk served up

That's who I think it might end up being for various reasons. He's a mid table experienced Championship level manager, still young in managerial terms and his teams are more attack minded. He brought in the likes of Tammy Abraham in on loan whilst at Bristol City, he earned rave reviews a couple of years ago with their style of football on the way to the League Cup SF's from the likes of Pep. He's a big admirer of Bannan and he knows the division well. 

I also feel like the big names available would turn us down due to how we're run as a club. The likes of Cook and Johnson are more realistic and Johnson's seemingly eager for a Championship return. My first choice would be the likes of Pearson and Howe but I can't see them being attracted to the job. I'd only consider someone like Pulis, as a DOF or assistant. Someone like Johnson or Cook could potentially be a smart appointment for any club at this level. 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

That's who I think it might end up being for various reasons. He's a mid table experienced Championship level manager, still young in managerial terms and his teams are more attack minded. He brought in the likes of Tammy Abraham in on loan whilst at Bristol City, he earned rave reviews a couple of years ago with their style of football on the way to the League Cup SF's from the likes of Pep. He's a big admirer of Bannan and he knows the division well. 

I also feel like the big names available would turn us down due to how we're run as a club. The likes of Cook and Johnson are more realistic and Johnson's seemingly eager for a Championship return. My first choice would be the likes of Pearson and Howe but I can't see them being attracted to the job. I'd only consider someone like Pulis, as a DOF or assistant. Someone like Johnson or Cook could potentially be a smart appointment for any club at this level. 

One thing that would happen under Johnson is that players would improve particularly the younger ones. He has done a fair to good job wherever he’s been. That said his sides can go on horrendous losing runs so consistency could be a problem and we can’t afford this to happen this season of all seasons.

It seems to me as if it’s Pulis’ job if he wants it? I get the feeling the Chairman regrets not appointing him prior to Monk and doesn’t want to make the same mistake again?

As I’ve said before we could do with an appointment that captures the imagination of the fan base neither appointing Johnson or Pulis would do this.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

Not going through all the pages but surprised Roy Keane hasn’t had more of a mention 

did well with Sunderland and got them up despite losing the first 5 games of the season 

kept Ipswich in the division repeatedly with little or no money 

I know he’s a bit like marmite but would at least put a rocket up a few of the players 

That was years ago, plus he always looses the dressing room because players get fed up with his hardball style!