Who will the club appoint now Garry Monk has gone?

5 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Don't think it will be a foreign manager if DC is wanting the appointment done quickly and them to take training by the end of the week , surely with travel restrictions anyone not already in the UK would have to quarantine for 14 days wouldn't they ?

Might already be here....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Carbone said:

I’m not certain it will be Paul Cook.

As far as I know he’s a massive Liverpool fan, I know a lot of their fans despise us because of the disaster. He might not associate it with the modern day SWFC, but could make it a tricky appointment for him in regards to family and friends - could be nothing but maybe something to be aware of if we don’t hear anything connecting him.

I wouldn’t mind Paul Cook although the headline writers would probably begin to irritate us all .

”Cook serves up a treat”

”Cook adds the right ingredients “

”Cook spices up strike force “

”Cook boils over”

You know the sort of stuff...not sure that I could stand too much of that.

Guest Hornsby

Knill was the architect of Blades' rapid rise and he would also put another hole in their hopes.

Assistants always leave.

Or Dan the Man now Cluj - home crowds 2,000 - got trashed in Europe.

Cook would be okay, unspectacular but safe 

Pearson, Howe or Lowe would be exciting 

I wouldn’t be against a young or foreign coach providing they are highly rated and actually good. 

That being said we will probably end up with Pulis 

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

I wouldn’t be against a young or foreign coach providing they are highly rated and actually good. 

Anyone with a brand of attacking football please 

It’s not like we have a terrible defence - we have a good defence when all are fit 

It’s our combinations moving forward from back to front which we are in dire need of ideas to break open defences 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

pulis no no no . going from monk to pulis gets even worse. if the football can even possibly get even  worse then pulis is the only man possible. 

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Can't see him going for pulis.  Whatever people say, DC does listen to fans and a manager with a positive approach and philosophy will be high on the list. Had we still been on minus points then pulis becomes more attractive but its not about pragmatism and survival at all costs anymore. 35 games,  plenty of time to survive and at times play good football.