Who will the club appoint now Garry Monk has gone?

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

Me too Owlsman. Read it first in the Times this morning after computer problems all day. I did make my Churchillian call to DC yesterday morning though, so that probably qualifies me as being ITK on a subliminal level! 

Slowest I’ve ever been with Wednesday news. Cancelling birthdays at this house from now on. lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Pulis now gone to 1/3. Meltdown likely on here if he gets the job. Page predictions anybody??

31 pages, we’ll all be too pished off to be bothered 

Edited by GLOwl

Ex-Stoke City boss Tony Pulis new favourite to be new Sheffield Wednesday manager

Tony Pulis has been out of front line football since leaving Middlesbrough in 2019. 

It seems like a long time since Sheffield Wednesday arrived at bottom side Stoke City on Boxing Day last season sitting third in the Championship.

They were 2-1 up when the referee's watch slipped into the 90th minute, in fact - but since that incredible injury-time turnaround at the bet365 Stadium, things have gone from bad to worse for Wednesday and Garry Monk.

They only won four games in the second half of the season and remarkably ended up finishing below Stoke in the table.

It hasn't helped that they have also been deducted six points for breaching EFL financial rules, nor that they lost key men Morgan Fox and Steven Fletcher to Stoke as free agents in the summer.

They are currently second-bottom after 11 games of 2021/20 with three wins to their name - and they would still be fourth from bottom if they hadn't had that points penalty, even if the division is so tight all the way up to mid-table.

The axe fell on Monk last night and now Dejphon Chansiri is searching for his replacement as manager.

The bookies immediately installed Wigan's Paul Cook as favourite for the job but his odds have slipped to 6/4 this morning - overtaken by ex-Stoke boss Tony Pulis (5/4).

Former Stoke coach Nigel Pearson (13/2) is also among the runners and riders.

Pulis said last season: “I’m not so sure I’m ready for retirement. I think Debs has had enough of me already.”

He added: “I’m very open-minded about what to do. It was important I took a break. I don’t think anyone in football – and most probably at Middlesbrough as well – realised how difficult a job that was."

Latest Sheffield Wednesday new manager odds: Tony Pulis (5/4), Paul Cook (6/4), Nigel Pearson (13/2), Eddie Howe (9/1), Ryan Lowe (10/1), Danny Cowley (14/1), Bruno Lage (18/1), Derek McInnes, Lee Johnson (18/1), Carlos Carvalhal (20/1).

9 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Nigel Pearson for me. To run the club from top to bottom with at least a 5 year plan for the club. Time for an iron hand to steady this fvvcker. 

We'd be very, very lucky if this happens. 

I would go a step further and bring in Ryan Lowe as his assistant.  Pearson sorts us out short term then becomes Director of Football, with Lowe moving up to Head Coach.

• Like 1

This would be an absolute disaster for Chansiri to connect the club and fans together hiring Pulis

At a time where we have been so disconnected, to then be reconnected with the points deduction improvement and sacking of Monk which the fans have rejoiced from - to hire Pulis? 

Do not do it, please Chansiri

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

There's queue at the bus stop out side the ground.

According to SOME vocal posters any one could do better than Monk.

The actual bus stop would have more of an idea on how to attack than Monk.