Who will the club appoint now Garry Monk has gone?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Great

Listened to a few Under the Csh podcasts and let’s just say Pulis doesn’t have much support from ex players. A few have said the training is absolutely abysmal and the football is dire. But it gets results. 

I don’t really want Pulis, but I think I’ll take him over Pearson.

Short term euphoria in letting Monk go, only to be immediately linked with Pulis as a replacement. 

tbh - there won't be an appointment to be made given where we are that will genuinely excite the fans, but I'd rather have someone in that 'wants' the job and not a final pay day. 

Pulis would be an awfully short sighted and short term appointment. 

• Like 1

Not Pulis please ...it would simply result in a more extreme version of the  dire 'Monk style of  play'. Phil Neville couldn't even make a success of managing the women's team where players often commented that in their opinion he was 'not the best coach' ...and I think Pearson already has history of rubbing up Thai owners the wrong way at Leicester   so I doubt he will be in the frame ... Lee Johnson ? maybe - and always talks well of Wednesday when on TV ...Paul Cook  ? He would like it  - but although he did a decent job at Wigan , is more of an unknown quantity . Eddie Howe ...not sure ...failed at Burnley ...seems a little inflexible and may have his eyes on a 'higher prize'. The Cowleys did little at Huddersfield and I think have proved that they are not yet up to managing a higher level team with pressure to deliver.   So maybe Cook or Johnson for me from the obvious candidates . 

The evidence would suggest that the Championship experienced manager theory is a myth. It just leads down the same Monk/Rowitt/Lee Johnson rabbit hole. 

In the last four years of the 12 managers to get promoted from the championship, 7 were foreign. I dont think any of those 7 had experience of the championship before they went to that club. Wilder and Parker didn't have Championship experience either. 

We need a manager who is strong enough to ignore the fans without getting bitter about it, who the players will respect and follow and who is motivated to get us challenging again next season.

• Like 1

It seems with some of the names linked, we're still focused on the past, what managers have done, rather than what they are doing currently, or have potential to achieve in the future. 

I don't think Pearson will be interested, might have his eye on a EPL rescue  job. I can see the case for Cook, also Lee Johnson although I'm less keen on him and both outperformed Monk last season. The jury is out on Wagner, but another meh choice. 

Lowe would be a bold move, but the best opportunity to unite the fanbase and to be honest the appointment which would most excite me. 

• Like 1

Would love him down at Hillsborough but, as others have said and as the man himself has said in the past, he wouldn't want the Wednesday job because it would taint his past glories in the city in which his familu lives.

I'd ask him to look at the proposition differently - come to S6 with no fear. No realistic Wedy fan expects us to go up this season which might be perfect for him at this point in his career. Come in and help stabilise and breathe new life into a side in the Championship with 100% of the fanbase behind him. The only failure would be relegation this season and you'd hope (gulp) that wouldn't happen with Big Nige at the helm. 

Look up, not down. 

Posters keep referring to "names we are being linked with".  The names that are being repeated over and over are either from OT posters, bookies or

broadcasters, none of these groups seem to have any evidence to support their theories.

I assumed, like several others, that a new management team had already been selected but, as each hour passes, I am beginning to doubt this.  Perhaps DC has sacked GM early in the international break to give himself more time?

Cannot see someone currently employed elsewhere being chosen as news of this usually leaks out when the other club is contacted for permission to approach.

So, I'm not going to suggest any names, just patiently awaiting the white smoke to appear, closely followed by another multi-page thread on here as to why the selection is wrong.

Whoever it is, let's try and support him, the players and the Club.

Have a strong feeling it's going to be Paul Cook or Lee Johnson. I'd personally prefer Cook out of them both would be a gamble but I see Cook having the more potential and more about him. However Cook, would be my third choice, I really think we need more of a Bruce type appointment, someone proven with a bit of pedigree. I'd love us to appoint Nigel Pearson or Eddie Howe, has they have more about them in terms of stature than the other names mentioned, they'd be a coup and they'd possibly have a galvanising effect. 

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Don't think the new manager is even on the list yet.

Done and dusted 1 week ago I think...not sure why no announcement yet....or maybe just giving interview practice to others...it"s only fair..

😇

Definitely someone lined up. In his interview DC said “Monk knows what he needs to do” Maybe he told him win the next 2 home games or you’re out?

57 minutes ago, Nero said:

The evidence would suggest that the Championship experienced manager theory is a myth. It just leads down the same Monk/Rowitt/Lee Johnson rabbit hole. 

In the last four years of the 12 managers to get promoted from the championship, 7 were foreign. I dont think any of those 7 had experience of the championship before they went to that club. Wilder and Parker didn't have Championship experience either. 

We need a manager who is strong enough to ignore the fans without getting bitter about it, who the players will respect and follow and who is motivated to get us challenging again next season.

Good post

Get off the merry go round and either get someone who has experience of getting out of this division or someone who is going to revolutionalise us and bring a completely different style.