1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Luongo is better than hutch. Discuss?

I think they are different types of players TBH. I think Hutchinson has the greater competitive edge probably due to the fact he was brought up as defender, he's stronger in this aspect of the game.

I don't think passing wise there is much of a difference but Luongo is better in the final third and should be scoring 5 or more a season whereas you'd be lucky if you got 2 goals a season out of Hutch.

That said if either player is missing from the side, you would notice as we did last season when either was unavailable it showed.

• Like 2

He's no longer at the Club, so like Fox, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Lee and FF I frankly do not care what they do in the future. 

Concentrate on the present 

On 15/09/2020 at 11:04, SallyCinnamon said:

Perhaps. I just don’t see where he fits in now. With the three in the middle and Joey, Dele and Hunt as backup. 

I would absolutely love it if Kieran came back for one more year. 

NO,its time to let go and move,what about the year after/ and realistically how many matches could he play,fully fit? we must find the next 'lee' not run the life out of the current one...what Club has offered him terms?? none that i know of,same with Hutchinson..

Guest Willow Owl
23 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday 19/20 results - all comps.

With Hutchinson in the starting XI:

Played 21

Won 9

Draws 4

Lost 8

Without Hutchinson in the starting XI: 

Played 30

Won 9

Draws 7

Lost 14

So statistically we won 13% more when Hutchinson played.  And we lost 9% less of our games too.

Dopey Monk was daft to bomb him out when he did (I’m talking about the timing here, rather than the decision not to renew his contract), given that CM was a big weakness for us last season IMO.

Strange that he’s not got himself a club sorted yet.

I think the loss of Fletcher influenced those stats more than the loss of Hutchinson. 

On 19/09/2020 at 07:41, the monk said:

Must say I will never forget the open top bus parades around Sheffield ,players and manager proudly holding aloft our newly won 6th and 4th trophies

Oh for a return to the glory days!

Right, I think I've got it now.

- You cannot give a manager and players credit unless the season results in a parade

- Carlos let the players 'rule the roost', but the fact he and they achieved the best positions for 19 years is a complete fluke and noting to do with him or the players. 

Seems completely reasonable and in no way completely ridiculous. 

lol

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

Right, I think I've got it now.

- You cannot give a manager and players credit unless the season results in a parade

- Carlos let the players 'rule the roost', but the fact he and they achieved the best positions for 19 years is a complete fluke and noting to do with him or the players. 

Seems completely reasonable and in no way completely ridiculous. 

lol

I mean it was nowt to do with chucking millions at it and Paying huge wages that made us shoot up the table  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I mean it was nowt to do with chucking millions at it and Paying huge wages that made us shoot up the table  

Money does help but it doesn't matter how many millions you chuck at it if the players don't perform though. If money was the only requirement, teams could just buy their way into the prem.

• Like 2

On 19/09/2020 at 11:05, Beholder said:

Hutch is a better player overall.

But Luongo is more of a natural midfielder and is more of a box to box player. 

Hutchinson was good but a bit one dimensional in midfield whereas luongo has a bit more flexibility and variety to his game..... different players and as we now play a different way there is little point in comparisons

Can't compare Lee Chapman and windass, both strikers but in a team playing a different way

He has gone so time to move on...