6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Read the last paragraph of my post?

While we're talking about the best manager to patrol the S6 touchline since Harry Catterick :laugh: Tomorrow will be his 42nd championship match in charge of Wednesday.

After tomorrow he will have managed the same number of championship matches as that other Wednesday managerial legend Mr Lukuhay :tango:

The Great JL's championship record is as follows :-

P42 W13 D12 L17 F58 A66 GD -8 Pts51

The even Greater GM's record currently reads :-

P41 W13 D11 L17 F52 A60 GD -8 Pts50

The big difference of course is Monk is going to get longer in the job. Let's see how he goes on from now eh.? And see if he actually justifies the fanfare he is currently getting from some on here?

And if he does indeed goes on to justify the fanfare then I'll be one of the first to hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong.

Realistically should he ??

When you look at the stats its hard to see what the Monkettes see isnt it ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

That doesnt matter he did it ?? And when we were turning down 12 million for him no one wanted him to go.

I wouldn't say no one wanted him to go but I agree a lot didn't.

To me if the £12M  was anywhere near true then it was a big mistake not selling him then, but he still needed to be let go when he went.

Just now, Hookowl said:

I wouldn't say no one wanted him to go but I agree a lot didn't.

To me if the £12M  was anywhere near true then it was a big mistake not selling him then, but he still needed to be let go when he went.

In hindsight yes we should have, but we were going for the league that second season (yes it didnt work like that) why would we sell the best player in the league when we were aiming for the top.

2 hours ago, Django said:

CC is like one of those middle aged lotharios who wears chinos and a sweater around his neck. Initially women love him because he’s swarve, charming and charismatic. Eventually they get found out as a rat and an imposter 

119749920_10161611864158647_3255462888944762209_n.jpg.094a39516dcc5ef57a2371c185c6e6d1.jpg

• Haha 3

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Realistically should he ??

When you look at the stats its hard to see what the Monkettes see isnt it ?

Hey Hey it's the Monkettes,

As I make up this song,

They can't see what we see,

They can't see what is clearly wrong,

They're happy and they'll keep clapping,

Why the rest of us show concern

They'll carry on thinking everything is rosy

While Wednesday crash and burn 

Hey Hey it's the Monkettes

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Hey Hey it's the Monkettes,

As I make up this song,

They can't see what we see,

They can't see what is clearly wrong,

They're happy and they'll keep clapping,

Why the rest of us show concern

They'll carry on thinking everything is rosy

While Wednesday crash and burn 

Hey Hey it's the Monkettes

Fantastic lol

• Haha 2

I  remember Jim last season

"Monk won't last another week"
"Monk won't be here in a couple of weeks"
"I give it a month before Monk gets sacked"
"Chansiri will sack Monk before the end of the season"
"Monk will be gone before this season finishes"
"Monk will be gone in the summer"
"Chansiri will replace Monk in this summer - guaranteed"
"Monk will be sacked in the closed season"
"Monk will not be here next season"
"Monk might have made it through the summer but he won't last another couple of weeks"
"Monk will be gone by Christmas"

lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

In hindsight yes we should have, but we were going for the league that second season (yes it didnt work like that) why would we sell the best player in the league when we were aiming for the top.

I think the first season he was with us he did seem like the best player in the league but after that his interest seemed to go and his performances dropped off (plus his refusal to travel to Norwich).

That would have been the right time to sell him although I agree at that time the majority of fans wouldn't have agreed with it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I  remember Jim last season

"Monk won't last another week"
"Monk won't be here in a couple of weeks"
"I give it a month before Monk gets sacked"
"Chansiri will sack Monk before the end of the season"
"Monk will be gone before this season finishes"
"Monk will be gone in the summer"
"Chansiri will replace Monk in this summer - guaranteed"
"Monk will be sacked in the closed season"
"Monk will not be here next season"
"Monk might have made it through the summer but he won't last another couple of weeks"
"Monk will be gone by Christmas"

lol

Fair enough I was wrong. Not for the first time and not for the last time I'm sure. That said with very similar records as I posted earlier it's fair to assume Monk would go the same way as Lukuhay would it not?

Personaliy I don't believe the chairman is as bothered now as he was in the past? Once again I may be proved wrong with this opinion? I just find it strange that one manager with a poor record gets the sack and another with just as poor a record gets backed?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You can clearly see how Hutch would be a problem around the place.

Whilst I do appreciate that Jos and Monk have done what they think is best for the club, you have to tip your hat to Carlos for keeping these big egos going to our two best seasons since the drop from the prem.

It's also interesting that under Stuart Gray we had no word of Westwood or Hutch being an issue..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

you have to tip your hat to Carlos for keeping these big egos going to our two best seasons since the drop from the prem. 

If your kids are throwing themselves on the floor, throwing their toys around, crying and screaming and lobbing all their food across the table because they want a new Xbox (even though you'd  just bought them a brand new playstation the week before) you don't buy them a new Xbox.

That's all Carlos did

He just let the players do what they want

They ended up running the club

That's not good management at all - it's the polar opposite

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If you're kids are throwing themselves on the floor, throwing their toys around, crying and screaming and lobbing all their food across the table because they want a new Xbox (even though you'd  just bought them a brand new playstation the week before) you don't buy them a new Xbox.

That's all Carlos did

He just let the players do what they want

They ended up running the club

That's not good management at all - it's the polar opposite

Your*

Did 'the kids' get them to 6th and 4th though? If so, consoles galore with my blessing.  

Also, anyone who wants an Xbox after having a Playstation needs a good old sectioning.