2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Hutchinson was good but a bit one dimensional in midfield whereas luongo has a bit more flexibility and variety to his game..... different players and as we now play a different way there is little point in comparisons

Can't compare Lee Chapman and windass, both strikers but in a team playing a different way

He has gone so time to move on...

Thing is, he wasn't that good. We get far too attached to overpaid players.

Fletch and Fessi are another 2 who will do nothing now.

What a sad reflection on our wasted finances of the last few years that these massively paid, supposedly top players struggle to even get clubs after us. Don't get me started on Westwood. Such a waste.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

What a sad reflection on our wasted finances of the last few years that these massively paid, supposedly top players struggle to even get clubs after us. Don't get me started on Westwood. Such a waste.

Hutch should have been a centre half in a back three from 2016-17, and CC said this at the start of that season. Our total inability to get a decent centre midfield player to play along side BB meant he ended back in midfield, picking up inquiries and we brought in Van Atken and rest is history.

Agree with you on the Fletch and FF, although for different reasons - Fletch for age and FF because he always struck me he had a mental age of a 14 year old.

• Like 6

On 15/09/2020 at 10:45, Dutch McLovin said:

I just think the club and the manager are very bad at dealing with things in a professional manor. Things like the above, the communication in general the PR and the forward thinking. This has been a problem for a while with this club, especially under chansiri and now under monk also.

Even just little things like announcing the departures of Lee and Nuihu

they're gone.

there you are, i've done it for 'em.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
16 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Fletcher and fessi hardly struggled to get another club tbf

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

Hutch should have been a centre half in a back three from 2016-17, and CC said this at the start of that season. Our total inability to get a decent centre midfield player to play along side BB meant he ended back in midfield, picking up inquiries and we brought in Van Atken and rest is history.

Agree with you on the Fletch and FF, although for different reasons - Fletch for age and FF because he always struck me he had a mental age of a 14 year old.

FF turned out to be a total mercenary available to the highest bidder, the only stumbling block for him was DC wouldn't let him go. Looking back now how much better off would we be if he had. FF hasn't turned a wheel in 3 seasons and walked away for nothing.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

How they done so far this season ?

Accept it mate Hutch was a bad buy, and bad for the club. He's gone and nobody else wants him.

Speaks volumes.

Accept it? I’ve accepted it..doesn’t bother me one iorta who goes who stays..

Hutch was a fantastic player for us - shame it ended like it did as he had a couple more years left in him.

Wish him all the best for his future.

He had a spell of outstanding form. The first part of the second Carlos season he was the best midfielder in the league. We effectively built the team on clean sheets driven by the back two Loovens and Lees and hutch in front. I know that during that time the England camp were looking at him as there were big doubts over Dier in that position. He then lost fitness and form again , and by the end some of his performances were poor. 

• Haha 1