44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What is this latest statement of yours?

Fair question. I’m just asking a poster if they were as supportive of Jos as he obviously is of Monk?

When you bear in mind their records on and off the field here are like a mirror image, it’s a more than fair question. 

I wanted Jos Out as a lot did and I’ve been consistent in wanting Monk Out. Apart from the points deduction which granted isn’t Monk’s fault what is the infinite difference between Monk and Lukuhay and why does Monk deserve the backing he’s getting which Lukuhay obviously didn’t get?

Edited by Jim

Just now, Jim said:

Fair question. I’m just asking a

poster if they were as supportive of Jos as he obviously is of Monk?

When you bear in mind their records on and off the field here are like a mirror image, it’s a more than fair question. 

I wanted Jos Out as a lot did and I’ve been consistent in wanting Monk Out. Apart from the points deduction which granted isn’t Monk’s fault what is the infinite difference between Monk and Lukuhay and why does Monk deserve

the backing he’s getting which Lukuhay obviously didn’t get?

I see what you're saying mate but Jos and Monk's situations were vastly vastly different

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

That’s not answering the question Jim.
 JL was a disaster here and Monk Is nothing like him. Monk has dealt with massive issues under his tenure here and If you cannot see the improvement and what he is trying to do then that’s fine. I suppose you will now trot out the standard responses of how we did since the new year how we cannot score at home and how you will reserve judgement until Christmas then change it to the end of the season. Move on like majority of fans have done, we cannot change the past only the future. 

Haters will always hate no matter what happens and no matter how much they try and convince themselves otherwise.

Go Monk and the Monkettes 🎺🎺🎺

I’ll never be a Monk fan. Most on here know that. That won’t stop me from praising him if I think he’s doing a good job. He keeps us up this season then he’s done the job that needs to be done first and foremost. We’ve had a solid start but there is a long long way to go. If come the end of November we’re in a better position than we are now, I’ll praise him.

I’m not disputing that JL was a disastrous appointment but you can’t say at this juncture that there is a massive difference between the job JL did and the job GM is currently doing. Their championship records apart from a +6 in GS and GA in JL’s record are exactly the same. They both have frozen out Westwood and Hutchinson and blooded young players though I would say Monk’s approach with the kids has been more measured and as a result will arguably prove to be more fruitful for us?

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I see what you're saying mate but Jos and Monk's situations were vastly vastly different

The points deduction is an obvious difference and I guess the budget is a fraction now of what it was but were the so called difficult players any more difficult for JL than they have allegedly been for GM?

Just now, Jim said:

The points deduction is an obvious difference and I guess the budget is a fraction now of what it was but were the so called difficult players any more difficult for JL than they have allegedly been for GM?

There's zero point discussing Garry Monk with you mate

You've stated that you will NEVER appreciate/want him

That therefore makes any debate with you on the subject pointless so I'm out

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Then why should anyone ever listen to/engage with you on the subject?

In fact why would you even post about him?

I don’t have to be a Monk Fan to say if I think he’s doing a good job or not and as I’ve said before I will praise him if I think he deserves it?

I think Monk is fairly hard work to be honest. A bit dull (not in JLs class though) and we were so dull as a team to watch last season.

If we're winning 1-0 though I can put up with that this season, good luck to him and hope we do that well that he gets everyone onside (including me)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's right you don't

But forgive me if I don't pay your opinion any credit/attention when you have already said 

It’s not as if I haven’t said I’ll never be a Monk fan before. There’s been Wednesday players I’ve never been a fan of but it hasn’t stopped me appreciating them at times. What’s the difference with the Manager? You don’t have to be 100% behind someone to appreciate them and what they do?

Just now, Jim said:

It’s not as if I haven’t said I’ll never be a Monk fan before. There’s been Wednesday players I’ve never been a fan of but it hasn’t stopped me appreciating them at times. What’s the difference with the Manager? You don’t have to be 100% behind someone to appreciate them and what they do?

It's utterly pointless having any debate with someone who has totally closed their mind off, folded their arms and said they will NEVER like someone

Pointless

Owlstalk Shop