Saw this the other day while sat having my brew at work. I take a lot of these articles with a pinch of salt, but the bit saying Sam found out he wasn't getting his contract renewed via a text message cought my eye. Surely even if there's been a fall out of some kind I'd have hoped we would have been more professional and at least called someone into the office to tell them face to face. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-exit-18527424

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 4

This sort of thing does happen.

Not saying I agree with it, but you have plenty of stories where clubs stick it to a player when perhaps there has been a less than amicable departure.

Roy Keane tells a story of when he left Man U. Him, Fergie and David Gill agree he will move on and present him with a press release confirming the same.

Keane reads the press release and it says he'd served the club for 11 and half seasons. He had actually played for them 12 and a half, something both Fergie and Gill would have known. He points it out to them and they both act shocked.

By that point they were just trying to score points off one another.

I was told that Hutch wanted to come and go as he pleased and that was the start of the problems. He was allegedly hard to contact when not available to train and after numerous calls a text message was left. This was just from a mate and not an insider at the club but if you are avoiding calls from the club maybe they were left with no option. I don’t think Garry Monk would be the type to avoid this kind of chat as I think he is a very strong minded individual.

• Haha 1

I just think the club and the manager are very bad at dealing with things in a professional manor. Things like the above, the communication in general the PR and the forward thinking. This has been a problem for a while with this club, especially under chansiri and now under monk also.

Even just little things like announcing the departures of Lee and Nuihu

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I just think the club and the manager are very bad at dealing with things in a professional manor. Things like the above, the communication in general the PR and the forward thinking. This has been a problem for a while with this club, especially under chansiri and now under monk also.

I’m really disappointed the club haven’t commented on Lee’s departure. 

A massive player for us who served the club for 8 years. 

Very poor.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

The fault of the club under DC and the legacy of CC is that a good few of those who basically expected to do what thefuck they wanted weren’t binned off sooner for non-compliance under managers that followed and were continued to be pandered to by a chairman who was ultimately too soft.

The interview shows him up for the self absorbed brat he comes across at at times.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m really disappointed the club haven’t commented on Lee’s departure. 

A massive player for us who served the club for 8 years. 

Very poor.

I think that's because he might be returning. 

(Edit, I see this has already been said) 

Edited by Beholder

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Saw this the other day while sat having my brew at work. I take a lot of these articles with a pinch of salt, but the bit saying Sam found out he wasn't getting his contract renewed via a text message cought my eye. Surely even if there's been a fall out of some kind I'd have hoped we would have been more professional and at least called someone into the office to tell them face to face. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-exit-18527424

Hes fooooking not holding back is he just shows how poor of an attitude hes got 

Edited by stocksyuto

Guest Mcguigan
45 minutes ago, Ian said:

Thats a typical Hutchinson contradictory interview

Says he's the fittest he's ever been

Then implies the physio's are a problem because they made him train all the time

The problem was always him, always sliding into 50/50's on his backside rather than on his two feet. Then bang, knee or leg impact injury.

He may have portrayed a hard man image, that some on here lapped up but he didn't tackle like one.