1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I will NEVER like Chocolate me. Hate the stuff. Will never eat it, will never like it and I've decided  nobody on earth will ever change my mind

So....

Anyone fancy a discussion talking about how nice chocolate is to eat?

Not after that sh itpoll during lockdown.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

That’s not answering the question Jim.
 JL was a disaster here and Monk Is nothing like him. Monk has dealt with massive issues under his tenure here and If you cannot see the improvement and what he is trying to do then that’s fine. I suppose you will now trot out the standard responses of how we did since the new year how we cannot score at home and how you will reserve judgement until Christmas then change it to the end of the season. Move on like majority of fans have done, we cannot change the past only the future. 

Haters will always hate no matter what happens and no matter how much they try and convince themselves otherwise.

Go Monk and the Monkettes 🎺🎺🎺

🙊🙉🙈

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

What things?

Farrell is in a right pickle. Hates everything about the Wednesday set up but now having to side with them. 

lol

Complete and utter U-turn re. his previous position when he was screaming from the rooftops they should be brought back into the fold and the club was a shambles etc.

Owlstalk never forgets.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I will NEVER like Chocolate me. Hate the stuff. Will never eat it, will never like it and I've decided  nobody on earth will ever change my mind

So....

Anyone fancy a discussion talking about the latest chocolate bar where I can give you my thoughts on it?

Come on Neil, WISPA to us what went off at Christmas. It might explain why life wasn't a PICNIC for us in the second half of the season. It might BOOST Monk's standing in the eyes of some of his critics including myself and prove that he's not a bit of a FLAKE?

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Come on Neil, WISPA to us what went off at Christmas. It might explain why life wasn't a PICNIC for us in the second half of the season. It might BOOST Monk's standing in the eyes of some of his critics including myself and prove that he's not a bit of a FLAKE?

lol

I see what you did there

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So....

Anyone fancy a discussion talking about the latest chocolate bar where I can give you my thoughts on it?

Laugh out loud moment for me many years ago as a naval rating. Went for a skive in the bogs on Pompey dock side and (some of you might remember the tv ad for Kit Kat at the time) some wag had written the classic graffiti on the bog wall:-

Have a break,

Have a shhitt jack 

Priceless. 

Edited by Devonstrix
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I've been musing over the arguments and what whent off at chrimbo. 

Just my theory, NOT ITk, or gospel, but here goes. 

Under S. G he was very good at player management. He probably allowed the likes of Hutch and Westwood, maybe loovens knowinv their injuries and how short we were in numbers a bit of a free reingn in training and not pushing them to do so much it broke them. 

Carlos comes in with his holiday camp training methods and they're all happy and loving it. Westwood, Hutch etc are no problem, we'll until everything nosedives Huddersfield onwards. 

Jos takes over, you lazy sods arnt fit enough, if you don't train or I don't think your fit enough, then your not getting picked.

Suddently hutch and Westwood and a few others are being overlooked, disgruntled grumbling and everything starts to unravel again fist half of the season. 

Bruce's boys come in followed later by Bruce himself. Gaffer I'm knackered if I have to train hard all week, Bruce's oldschool, but also knows he needs them on the pitch. So restored back to the first team happy and everything's good. 

Monk lands he's no coaching team and no allies. Decides he wants players in everyday working their nuts off. All together as a group, even those injured can come in do a bit of light physio have a laugh with the lads. He's trying to rebuild a unity and togetherness. 

Certain people throw a strop again becouse they either want preferencial treatment over others, don't get it and are relieved from first team duties again. 

As I said I'm not saying it's the truth, just my take on things looking at the manages and their ethos along with the players. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

I've been musing over the arguments and what whent off at chrimbo. 

Just my theory, NOT ITk, or gospel, but here goes. 

Under S. G he was very good at player management. He probably allowed the likes of Hutch and Westwood, maybe loovens knowinv their injuries and how short we were in numbers a bit of a free reingn in training and not pushing them to do so much it broke them. 

Carlos comes in with his holiday camp training methods and they're all happy and loving it. Westwood, Hutch etc are no problem, we'll until everything nosedives Huddersfield onwards. 

Jos takes over, you lazy sods arnt fit enough, if you don't train or I don't think your fit enough, then your not getting picked.

Suddently hutch and Westwood and a few others are being overlooked, disgruntled grumbling and everything starts to unravel again fist half of the season. 

Bruce's boys come in followed later by Bruce himself. Gaffer I'm knackered if I have to train hard all week, Bruce's oldschool, but also knows he needs them on the pitch. So restored back to the first team happy and everything's good. 

Monk lands he's no coaching team and no allies. Decides he wants players in everyday working their nuts off. All together as a group, even those injured can come in do a bit of light physio have a laugh with the lads. He's trying to rebuild a unity and togetherness. 

Certain people throw a strop again becouse they either want preferencial treatment over others, don't get it and are relieved from first team duties again. 

As I said I'm not saying it's the truth, just my take on things looking at the manages and their ethos along with the players. 

Seems more than plausible to me. It might explain why Monk has tried to bring in younger players?

On 20/09/2020 at 10:41, james o connor said:

I mean it was nowt to do with chucking millions at it and Paying huge wages that made us shoot up the table  

Don't be a silly little sausage, of course that was a factor, but not the only one. We got to Wembley in season one despite having a wage bill outside of the top 6, a combination of investment and the performance of the players and the manager. 

Whereas now we're performing well below where our wage bill sits and we've had one home win in 2020.

1 hour ago, S26 Owl said:

Not ITK but from what I've been told Hutch grapped Monk by the throat in a bust up at Christmas over not playing. 

Says a lot about whether we should've kept him if his best option was Cyprus...

No you’ve got it wrong he had loads of offers on the table. He’s in Cyprus as a “lifestyle” choice.

• Haha 2