Just now, Django said:

CC is like one of those middle aged lotharios who wears chinos and a sweater around his neck. Initially women love him because he’s swarve, charming and charismatic. Eventually they get found out as a rat and an imposter 

His wife and gf would agree.

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Django said:

CC is like one of those middle aged lotharios who wears chinos and a sweater around his neck. Initially women love him because he’s swarve, charming and charismatic. Eventually they get found out as a rat and an imposter 

lol agree . he defo can pull a woman , be good if he was in a group of lads and pulled some birds off next table . 

It wasn't about change in fortune what is becoming clear is that there was bad apples inside the camp.    Though we will never know who they were or what the issues were especially after Monk came in.   Those players had their chance 3 seasons ago and it didn't happen.  Since then they flattered to deceive and the majority of teams go through this.   We are in proper transition and there will be ups and downs.   We have to see what happens but we have good players coming in and as long as what appears to be unity in the camp is there then that benefits everyteam.

49 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So what was it then?

How should I know? And to be honest, I'm really not all that bothered about finding out. No shortage of curtain twitchers, trouble causers, attention seekers and gossips to spin themselves in dizziness without me getting involved. But whatever it was, there was more to it than just dropping a couple of players. The results were faltering (not to the same extent, granted) whilst these two were still in the team anyway. For both of them, their last dozen appearances or so saw more defeats than victories.

I love all this Westwood is this, Hutchinson is that, FF is whatever?

Bottom line is these 3 players were a part of the most successful side we've had at this level since 2000. No one was decrying their personalities or performances during this successful period? Why should they be now?

They deserve a lot more respect then they're getting from some on here at the moment?

And before the main cheerleader pops up and says I should be paying Monk more respect then there is every chance I will if he achieves something similar to these lads?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Bottom line is these 3 players were a part of the most successful side we've had at this level since 2000. No one was decrying their personalities or performances during this successful period? Why should they be now?

They deserve a lot more respect then they're getting from some on here at the moment?

And before the main cheerleader pops up and says I should be paying Monk more respect then there is every chance I will if he achieves something similar to these lads?

Spot on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Hypocritical

You should show the same kind of respect to Monk 

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

This is spot on !!! Absolutely nailed it.

Westwood is the best keeper we have had since Pressman.

Hutchinson was a premier league player that was playing at us because of his injuries and gave his all every game.

Forestieri was the first player since Di Canio & Carbone that could get bums off seats.

Whether you believe they were bad apples or you believe they were miss managed by incompetence in the management department is irrelevant. They played there part and were successful and part of a side that oh so nearly made it to the prem. Now there not here they should be remembered as such.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Hypocritical

You should show the same kind of respect to Monk 

Read the last paragraph of my post?

While we're talking about the best manager to patrol the S6 touchline since Harry Catterick :laugh: Tomorrow will be his 42nd championship match in charge of Wednesday.

After tomorrow he will have managed the same number of championship matches as that other Wednesday managerial legend Mr Lukuhay :tango:

The Great JL's championship record is as follows :-

P42 W13 D12 L17 F58 A66 GD -8 Pts51

The even Greater GM's record currently reads :-

P41 W13 D11 L17 F52 A60 GD -8 Pts50

The big difference of course is Monk is going to get longer in the job. Let's see how he goes on from now eh.? And see if he actually justifies the fanfare he is currently getting from some on here?

And if he does indeed goes on to justify the fanfare then I'll be one of the first to hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Westwood is the best keeper we have had since Pressman. Was

Hutchinson was a premier league player that was playing at us because of his injuries and gave his all every game. 

Forestieri was the first player since Di Canio & Carbone that could get bums off seats. For roughly one season

Whether you believe they were bad apples or you believe they were miss managed by incompetence in the management department is irrelevant. They played there part and were successful and part of a side that oh so nearly made it to the prem. Now there not here they should be remembered as such.

2 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday 19/20 results - all comps.

With Hutchinson in the starting XI:

Played 21

Won 9

Draws 4

Lost 8

Without Hutchinson in the starting XI: 

Played 30

Won 9

Draws 7

Lost 14

So statistically we won 13% more when Hutchinson played.  And we lost 9% less of our games too.

Dopey Monk was daft to bomb him out when he did (I’m talking about the timing here, rather than the decision not to renew his contract), given that CM was a big weakness for us last season IMO.

Strange that he’s not got himself a club sorted yet.

This is my issue. Why do it when were third !?

He was brilliant last year and injury free!