Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

You’re not providing any proof at all.  

Let me tell you why

Because over the years we have many threads on many subjects over and over

Like Carlos' training regime that everyone knows was a total JOKE

So we have all these threads and then someone like yourself will come on and say 'nope - didn't happen that'

Then the usual 'prove it' nonsense

We've all been on the site for years. We've all discussed it to death. We've all seen the proof many many times

Just saying 'nope -  didn't happen' doesn't wash with me

Go find your own proof

Owlstalk Shop

Nope Bruce, had us on the right path. He had his team around him and he commanded respect from the players. A good manager.

Jos was the most bizarre managerial appointment ever. I don’t think he was a sacrificial lamb, I think it just highlighted the naivety of the club. Probably looked at his success at getting clubs out of the German second tier and thought he could copy it in this country. 

You're not coming across as very objective at all. Carvalhal gets a white hat and almost everyone else gets a black one.

So after Chansiri had spent the kind of money this club had never seen before, even in the Premier League, and twice come close to the ultimate prize, you're satisfied that Luhukay went in and told the chairman that he was sidelining a load of our best players to play fringe players and youngsters? And then Monk did something similar on a smaller scale? Obviously, no one gets convicted on that level of evidence, but you'd have to be pretty biased to see no potential signals.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He said it would take four transfer windows to sort out the mess left by Carlos

Then cleared off

Still not grasping it. Take four transfer windows to sort out the mess the chairman and his advisers put us in.

Carlos was appointed HEAD COACH of Sheffield Wednesday. The signings were made by the recruitment team. If you watch the Spurs ‘All or Nothing’ doc you’ll see how it operates. 

Carlos wasn’t responsible for wages or contract length. And a lot of the players he wanted he didn’t get. He got the players further down the list. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Still not grasping it. Take four transfer windows to sort out the mess the chairman and his advisers put us in. 

Nope

Carlos did it

The Chairman doesn't let players rock up for training as/when they want

The Chairman didn't let the players not do any fitness training

etc etc etc etc etc

Carlos

Ps - sticking up for Carlos after what he has left behind him...  Naive beyond belief.

pps - he won't marry you

ppps - Swansea were his first/childhood love

pppps - and Porto

You've been SOLD TO by Carlos and  have  fallen for it hook line and sinker

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

You're not coming across as very objective at all. Carvalhal gets a white hat and almost everyone else gets a black one.

So after Chansiri had spent the kind of money this club had never seen before, even in the Premier League, and twice come close to the ultimate prize, you're satisfied that Luhukay went in and told the chairman that he was sidelining a load of our best players to play fringe players and youngsters? And then Monk did something similar on a smaller scale? Obviously, no one gets convicted on that level of evidence, but you'd have to be pretty biased to see no potential signals.

By sidelining our best players, you mean Hutch and Westwood? They were the only one sidelined. And Monk did the same.

Which suggests it was a managerial decision rather than a decision from above? 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Worst decision ever to drop Lopez for him at Wembley because he was more “chosen”.

Upset the whole balance of the team from that run in to the play-offs.

Missed the first penalty against Huddersfield year after as he strolled up like a boss.

Nearly man, tossingit off and worshipped by the sycophants.  Walk the walk or fuckoff!

Same goes for FF.  

I liked Lopez but TBF sonof I think his performance in the first half of the second leg is what did for him......................he may as well have been sat with me, .....he was hooked at half time , Hutchinson came on and played well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

Carlos did it

The Chairman doesn't let players rock up for training as/when they want

The Chairman didn't let the players not do any fitness training

etc etc etc etc etc

Carlos

Ps - sticking up for Carlos after what he has left behind him...  Naive beyond belief.

pps - he won't marry you

ppps - Swansea were his first/childhood love

pppps - and Porto

You've been SOLD TO by Carlos and  have  fallen for it hook line and sinker

You really believe Carlos wanted Lewis McGugan only to freeze him out two weeks later? You really think signing Jordan Rhodes was Carlos’ decision, when DC went on record at a fans forum saying he was signed because the fans wanted him? You really believe Carlos wanted Abdi, only to play him LM where he’d never played before in his career?

You really think Carlos had heard of or wanted Darryl Lachman and Modou Sougou? 

And I’m being naive? The mess we are in is because of awful recruitment and terrible management of finances, which was out of the hands of HEAD COACH Carlos Carvalhal.

• Haha 1

You really believe Carlos wanted Lewis McGugan only to freeze him out two weeks later? You really think signing Jordan Rhodes was Carlos’ decision, when DC went on record at a fans forum saying he was signed because the fans wanted him? You really believe Carlos wanted Abdi, only to play him LM where he’d never played before in his career?

You really think Carlos had heard of or wanted Darryl Lachman and Modou Sougou? 

And I’m being naive? The mess we are in is because of awful recruitment and terrible management of finances, which was out of the hands of HEAD COACH Carlos Carvalhal.

Totally different things to how Carlos ran his training regime (or didn't)

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally different things to how Carlos ran his training regime (or didn't)

You said the mess we are in is all down to Carlos. 

I’m pointing out that this is not the case. He was employed to give us short-term success. So nearly worked. 

Our woes since are a result of a big gamble made by the chairman in the first two seasons he arrived and the failure to change the plan when it was clear promotion was no longer achieveable with the players recruited.

BuT CaRloS lEt ThEm Do WhAt ThEY wANt

You said the mess we are in is all down to Carlos. 

I’m pointing out that this is not the case. He was employed to give us short-term success. So nearly worked. 

Our woes since are a result of a big gamble made by the chairman in the first two seasons he arrived and the failure to change the plan when it was clear promotion was no longer achieveable with the players recruited.

BuT CaRloS lEt ThEm Do WhAt ThEY wANt

We were discussing the training regime that Carlos ran (or didn't run)

You've shot off on a total tangent because I've highlighted we've discussed Carlos'  mess many times whilst you're crying  'nope - none of that happened'

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

We were discussing the training regime that Carlos ran (or didn't run)

You've shot off on a total tangent because I've highlighted we've discussed Carlos'  mess many times whilst you're crying  'nope - none of that happened'

lol

Still waiting for proof it was such a holiday camp and badly run the two seasons where we came closest to the Premier League since we left 20 years ago. 

lol

Different style of management. If we’d beat Hull, Carlos and his ‘holiday camp’ would have been genius.

I think the absolute MESS we're having to clean up (still underway years after he left) proves why no other mangers employ such 'genius' techniques when it comes to his training 'regime'

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the absolute MESS we're having to clean up (still underway years after he left) proves why no other mangers employ such 'genius' techniques when it comes to his training 'regime'

The mess we are cleaning up is nothing to do with Carlos and his management style. It’s how the club has managed its finances, being in embargo’s for the past 3 seasons making it impossible to recruit good players, failing to sell players past their sell by date. That is the mess we’re cleaning up. 

Carlos and his approach to management was first championed by Mourinho. I’ve read his book, it’s not unique to Carlos. Very interesting and it will help you understand why Carlos was employed in the first place. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon