5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Carlos and his approach to management was first championed by Mourinho. I’ve read his book 

I could have told YOU that you'd read that book

You can tell it a mile off

That's why you're sticking up for Carlos

If you'd not read that book you'd see what everyone else can see

You've been sold to

You've fallen for the dream hook line and sinker

The reality is Carlos left our club in absolute tatters

He might have been learning with Mourinho but he's NOT Mourinho

He's a very very weak second class version 

A fake

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

It was documented at Swansea that he went in and scaled back training straight away. That worked for a short period. 

when he was manager here, some really decent athletes like Palmer were out of shape. And most players went backwards in terms of form.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I could have told YOU that you'd read that book

You can tell it a mile off

That's why you're sticking up for Carlos

If you'd not read that book you'd see what everyone else can see

You've been sold to

You've fallen for the dream hook line and sinker

The reality is Carlos left our club in absolute tatters

He might have been learning with Mourinho but he's NOT Mourinho

He's a very very weak second class version 

A fake

Never said he was as good as Mourinho. Carlos had his flaws for sure. I just don’t agree with your constant hate towards the bloke. 

You’re just failing to grasp it completely. You’re so blinkered in your hate for Carlos you can’t see the bigger picture.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Never said he was as good as Mourinho. Carlos had his flaws for sure. I just don’t agree with your constant hate towards the bloke. 

You’re just failing to grasp it completely. You’re so blinkered in your hate for Carlos you can’t see the bigger picture.

No hate for Carlos

I just find defending his training regimes distasteful when he's walked away with millions, left us cleaning up after him, and as fans we've suffered since he's left with having to deal with the injuries, bad eggs and all the absolute devastation he left behind

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No hate for Carlos

I just find defending his training regimes distasteful when he's walked away with millions, left us cleaning up after him, and as fans we've suffered since he's left with having to deal with the injuries, bad eggs and all the absolute devastation he left behind

Has he left devastation at every club he has been at? Or are we the only naive ones that let that happen.

WTF:

• Thanks 1

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Has he left devastation at every club he has been at? Or are we the only naive ones that let that happen.

No idea mate

I honestly couldn't care less what he does at other clubs - it's our club I"m interested in
I'm not the type to read books on Mourinho and then justify Carlos wrecking our club and getting sacked for it and then looking how he does elsewhere in case he might marry me

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No hate for Carlos

Injuries I agree. But again quite simplistic to blame that completely on Carlos, a mixture of bad luck involved in some of them. 

You keep banging on about bad eggs. You name 3 players. 

FF - it was clear he was a diva when he refused to play against Norwich. Carlos was fuming. The chairman wanted to keep him. 6 months later the chairman gave him an improved deal. But FF taking the wee wee is all Carlos’ fault.

Westwood - Such a bad egg that Bruce, a manager who has managed much better players and bigger ego’s, decided to give him a new two year deal. A whole three years after Carlos had left the club. Again I presume that decision is CC’s fault. Also worth mentioning Chris Kirkland alluded on a podcast that Westwood had a bad reputation before joining Wednesday, before Carlos had turned up. But I suppose the attitude and personality of Westwood is all CC’s fault too. He seemed to manage him quite well though, breaking our clean sheet record twice in consecutive seasons with Westwood between the sticks. 

Hutchinson - Carlos managed him well. So did Bruce. Monk and Jos wanted him to train and be apart of the squad every game. Again, different managerial styles. But again, I guess Hutch being frozen out. is Carlos’ fault? 

You’re like an angry man waving your fist wanting to blame Carlos for everything. He left 3 years ago. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

WTF:

Huge devastation at Swansea who made the play offs last year and since went on to employ two very highly rated young coaches. 

Huge devastation at Rio Ave who are in Europe for the first time in their clubs history.

Anyone know what ever happened to Beşiktaş or Sporting Lisbon?

It’s almost as if just maybe our problems over recent seasons and the reason we are on -9 goes deeper than Carlos and his style of coaching?

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You keep banging on about bad eggs. You name 3 players.  

You're strangely now saying that not only did Carlos NOT run the club into the ground, or have the worst and most reckless training regime under ANY manager here, but now you're trying to suggest there were no bad eggs at the club???

WTF?!?!

Do you walk around with a blindfold on and your earphones in full blast (probably playing Carlos speeches)???

Owlstalk Shop

Sheffield Wednesday 19/20 results - all comps.

With Hutchinson in the starting XI:

Played 21

Won 9

Draws 4

Lost 8

Without Hutchinson in the starting XI: 

Played 30

Won 9

Draws 7

Lost 14

So statistically we won 13% more when Hutchinson played.  And we lost 9% less of our games too.

Dopey Monk was daft to bomb him out when he did (I’m talking about the timing here, rather than the decision not to renew his contract), given that CM was a big weakness for us last season IMO.

Strange that he’s not got himself a club sorted yet.

• Thanks 1

On 15/09/2020 at 19:45, mcmigo said:

It was documented at Swansea that he went in and scaled back training straight away. That worked for a short period. 

when he was manager here, some really decent athletes like Palmer were out of shape. And most players went backwards in terms of form.  

We had players with pot bellies ffs.

How anybody can still champion the Charlatan is beyond me. Total clown and fraud.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Because he is a crock.

And i did say on here a while ago his ego will prevent him from signing for a few clubs

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Because he is a crock.

In fairness, I don’t remember him being sidelined too much by injury between Bullen bringing him back into the team in December 2018 post-Luhukay and then Monk binning him off (but the club still paying his wages, while our team couldn’t buy a win) earlier this year.

So he went a year there without any major layoffs.