The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

9 minutes ago, darra said:

It's not right but in law even though he was been verbally assaulted he allegedly carried out ABH and if found guilty will be punished. A few years ago our daughter and her ex were stood in a bar in Lincoln. A random bloke walked up to her ex and hit him so her ex punched him. The police were involved as he was arrested for assault. Later in court, he was fined 80 quid. They never got to find out who the other bloke was or why he hit her ex.

Absolutely, certainly not right legally and what happened before in the video won't help him in court. And ideally he would have walked away as violence isn't to be condoned but I can certainly see why he reacted. 

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Was he with his gf as she’s not on the video?

He seems to have been harassed but likewise attacking someone on camera isn’t very bright. Just walk off. 

I still reckon if it was a pig fan filming Hutchinson , and Hutch had used his fists, people on here would want a statue built of him rather than saying it's not a bright thing to do and he should have walked off. 

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

I still reckon if it was a pig fan filming Hutchinson , and Hutch had used his fists, people on here would want a statue built of him rather than saying it's not a bright thing to do and he should have walked off. 

Gary Madine did something similar albeit not on film and there was a negative reaction to it 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Was about to bring up Madine. Don’t remember anyone sticking up for him on here. In fact there’s probably more support for McBurnie than there was for Madine  The photo of him at Swansea takes away any sympathy for me. Gives it out but can’t take it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Was about to bring up Madine. Don’t remember anyone sticking up for him on here. In fact there’s probably more support for McBurnie than there was for Madine  The photo of him at Swansea takes away any sympathy for me. Gives it out but can’t take it?

Yeah, exactly.

The guy is clearly a helmet.

Got charged last year for drinking under the influence too.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, exactly.

The guy is clearly a helmet.

Got charged last year for drinking under the influence too.

Drinking under the influence?

It's a police state I tell ya.

Edited by punkskaphil
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

I think the fact that he wasn't playing much in the championship. I think if it would have been in League One where he was our top scorer then the reaction would have been different. The outrage that people have against a players off field behaviour is often dictated by how well they are doing on the pitch

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, markg said:

I think the fact that he wasn't playing much in the championship. I think if it would have been in League One where he was our top scorer then the reaction would have been different. The outrage that people have against a players off field behaviour is often dictated by how well they are doing on the pitch

How well is McSpurnie doing on the pitch? 

4 minutes ago, markg said:

Awfully , he’s rubbish. Which is why a lot of United fans are saying it’s not acceptable. 

Ahh, I get what you are saying now, the level of outrage from fans of the team the person in question is at. I agree with you on that to some extent, I'd imagine that supporters would be more vocal in defending said player if he was doing well. Not across all fans of the team but certainly some would be swayed by this.

In this specific case, the player in question just seems to get himself into situations that don't do him any favours a little too often.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Ahh, I get what you are saying now, the level of outrage from fans of the team the person in question is at. I agree with you on that to some extent, I'd imagine that supporters would be more vocal in defending said player if he was doing well. Not across all fans of the team but certainly some would be swayed by this.

In this specific case, the player in question just seems to get himself into situations that don't do him any favours a little too often.

Sorry, yes mate. I didn't get my point over very well 🙂

Yeah, you can guarantee that no united fans would have said that McBurnie was out of order if he had scored 15 goals this season. Similarly many more Wednesday fans would have said that Madine was unfairly provoked and was right to hit that fan if he had just finished the season having scored 20 goals. Happens all the time, with all fan bases. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think the Madine incident happened during the league one season but didn’t come to a head until much later 

Yeah I think you're right. I think if it had come to light in the league one season then a lot less fans would have been saying that he deserved to be locked up!!

10 minutes ago, markg said:

Sorry, yes mate. I didn't get my point over very well 🙂

Yeah, you can guarantee that no united fans would have said that McBurnie was out of order if he had scored 15 goals this season. Similarly many more Wednesday fans would have said that Madine was unfairly provoked and was right to hit that fan if he had just finished the season having scored 20 goals. Happens all the time, with all fan bases. 

Evans a case in point. Thousands of them sang songs at games boasting about his involvement rather than having a go at him. Top scorer when they were going for promotion.